Ross County

Kingsmills

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The use of the word 'support' has been overused during this debate. Another point, where has anyone suggested that they will be wearing County colours? Some people just want to watch a game, big deal.

Am I bothered............no.

@renegade After reading the supporting England topic I would have thought you would rather watch the Chelsea/Pompey match as there was a far better class of technical footballer on display there.

I probably would have done, but I don't have Sky. And whilst it is true that both Portsmouth and Chelsea have almost certainly better technical players, both Ross County and Dundee United have both been said to be playing a good attack minded, passing based style of football this season, but sadly that game didn't show much of it.

Edited by Renegade

There's an elderly neighbour at the end of our lane who has erected a 20' flag pole with a County flag fluttering proudly in the breeze.

I am pleased to say my neighbour has a sense of humour. Rather than take his flag down he has it flying at half mast today!

There's an elderly neighbour at the end of our lane who has erected a 20' flag pole with a County flag fluttering proudly in the breeze.

I am pleased to say my neighbour has a sense of humour. Rather than take his flag down he has it flying at half mast today!

mocking.gif

Does anyone know if County will still want to borrow our stadium for their glamour ties next season against the likes of Man City Cowdenbeath?

:lol:

Dont think they were ever going to use TCS , pretty sure they were in talks with Aberdeen about using Pittodrie .

I find it hard to understand the fixation some on here have with County, if their fans had been on here bragging about what they have done or were going to do it might be more understandable but they haven't. Get over yourselves FFS.

I find it hard to understand the fixation some on here have with County, if their fans had been on here bragging about what they have done or were going to do it might be more understandable but they haven't. Get over yourselves FFS.

Did you not have the avator of a 5hite on top of the Ross County badge :lol:

They are our rivals.. them doing well generally means we are not. Think of the neutral fans that attended the final and now have an affinity with the C*unty instead of supporting ICT... it's bad business for us.

Delighted they got pumped

They are our rivals.. them doing well generally means we are not. Think of the neutral fans that attended the final and now have an affinity with the C*unty instead of supporting ICT... it's bad business for us.

Christ Harry, I think thats taking things a bit far. Falkirk average 6000 fans. Killie about the same. SC final 1997 attendance over 48,000. Boost to either fanbase nil. Hearts av around 20k Gretna 500 SC final attendance around 52k.

Looking back over the history of the finals. Matches between non OF teams have all had big big crowds that didn't reflect the fanbase of the individual clubs and I very much doubt if the extras then formed an affinity with any of the clubs involved. People like the odd occassion when niether of the OF are involved so make extra effort to attend. If Hampden had a system whereby nuetrals were segregated from fans I think that area would have been the fuller.

Get over yourself its only a bit of harmless banter

Oh & can i just remind you , last Season when we were relegated there was plenty County fans on here rubbing our noses in it & being abusive !!

Christ Harry, I think thats taking things a bit far. Falkirk average 6000 fans. Killie about the same. SC final 1997 attendance over 48,000. Boost to either fanbase nil. Hearts av around 20k Gretna 500 SC final attendance around 52k.

Looking back over the history of the finals. Matches between non OF teams have all had big big crowds that didn't reflect the fanbase of the individual clubs and I very much doubt if the extras then formed an affinity with any of the clubs involved. People like the odd occassion when niether of the OF are involved so make extra effort to attend. If Hampden had a system whereby nuetrals were segregated from fans I think that area would have been the fuller.

There's a difference where teams have been represented in the Scottish Leagues for years and C*unty and us who have only been on the advertising board for a decade and a half.

If I was neutral and in amongst the atmosphere and occasion, there would be enough nostalgia to get me interested in supporting the team on a more regular basis.

If I was neutral and in amongst the atmosphere and occasion, there would be enough nostalgia to get me interested in supporting the team on a more regular basis.

Fact is they made it to the final of the Scottish Cup, well done to them. We are in the top league and will be hosting the biggest teams in the land, who do you really think a neutral would rather go and watch? Our home attendances will be up this year and I suspect Counties will have peaked already and will dwindle as next season unfolds.

Has this debate no been done to death?

Did you not have the avator of a 5hite on top of the Ross County badge?? :lol: