Party Or Parade or Something?

Glebeict

No, but we've booked the "Sightseeing in Inverness" open-top bus for our SPL winner's parade next season.

Does the City Of Inverness do anything to recognize the team winning the 1st div Championship ?
Edited by Wyness13

Whilst the Dundee Utd team were touring Dundee in an open top bus, a number of the County Team were considering throwing themselves under one.

Apparently Andy Barrowman was standing on the road outside his house waiting for a bus so he could end his misery. Finally a bus came and when the it was just 6 feet away he launched himself at it - and missed.

Does the City Of Inverness do anything to recognize the team winning the 1st div Championship ?

They'll recognise it in exactly the same way as they did the last time we won the 1st Div title.....by doing bog all.

I think they were thinking of doing something but nothing came of it since we are not really a footballing city and most fans who wanted to see it had seen it.

I doubt they thought of it at all, and why would they? There'd be no demand for an open top bus, it would be rather disruptive, pretty expensive and after all, it's only the 1st Division ICT have won, it ain't the SPL or the Champions League.

Whilst the Dundee Utd team were touring Dundee in an open top bus, a number of the County Team were considering throwing themselves under one.

Apparently Andy Barrowman was standing on the road outside his house waiting for a bus so he could end his misery. Finally a bus came and when the it was just 6 feet away he launched himself at it - and missed.

Boom tish. The oldies are the best.

When I lived down Leith, I mind seeing the Hibs team coming down Easter Road one lunch time after a training run, and Alan Rough's eyes being diverted by a pretty girl (must have been a visitor). A Leithy wag spotted this and shouted "Forget it Roughie, even if you caught her, ye'd probably drop her!"