Open Night this pre-season?

WYNESS101

Will the club be having an open night like they did at the start of last season? Maybe the boys could show of the new kit

Maybe the trust could look into doing something like it again

Edited by WYNESS101

I think it is very likely to be repeated after the success of last year. TB was keen to make it bigger and better this year but we won't know the date till the club's pre-season plans are finalised.

Dont know if this the right place to put this but is an idea for a fundraiser.

Stirling Albion trust are pretty proactive (buystirlingalbion.com etc) and they use an end of season football aid style fans game to raise some funds. They will be playing their fans game this saturday. Check out their website for details.

Basically they use forthbank pitch, changing facilities etc, have 14/16 home players and 14/16 away players, 2 managers, 2 assistant managers who all bid for their place. they get guaranteed certain amount of time on pitch (60 mins i think).

Apparently it raises a couple of grand for there supporters trust and is a good day out. With a bigger fan base than albion im sure the price for each position would be higher therefore raising more money. Am sure ICT wouldnt mind pitch getting used once over close season.

Am sure ICT wouldnt mind pitch getting used once over close season.

I don't think Tommy would be too happy. :D

Caley Thistle were looking at taking part in something like this as part of Football Aid a few years ago (around 2000/01). People could bid for a place in the team and the money all went to charity. It actually fell through for some reason - not enough bids or something. I actually won a place (the home number 8 position) through the daily record competition so was very disappointed when it fell through. Reckon it would be a good idea - i'd certainly bid (if I didnt live in brisbane - a little to far to travel). Would be great to play on the TCS pitch. I reckon they should also have a few of the ICT team involved too so that you can say you've played against/with the likes of Rooney, Haynes etc!

I suggested something similar a few months back and it really is an excellent idea. Pretty cheap to put together, relatively low uptake required to make it a success and a few quid to the trust or youth development in the process.

Really can't see a downside to it at all!

I have noted the Stirling Albion event for a few seasons now and the Trust have talked about doing something along these lines. Unfortunately all of these things take time to organise (much more than you might realise).

We have set aside a planning day next month and I will raise this suggestion then, but it would help if we had some volunteers to join a sub committee if it went ahead. Any offers by PM please.

Also if you have any ideas you would like us to consider, (either fundraising or just for fun) we are happy to discuss them, so just drop me a note by PM with your ideas.

Our Trust board consists of a core of only 7/8 people so with some assistance we could do much more, so please get in touch if you would like to be involved, this might just be 1 event, a volunteer as required for various things or something more formal.

I look forward to hearing all your thoughts and suggestions

Oh and if you haven't done so already, then press the subscribe button below to become a member of the Supporters Trust

Edited by L_G
Adding info

Caley Thistle were looking at taking part in something like this as part of Football Aid a few years ago (around 2000/01). People could bid for a place in the team and the money all went to charity. It actually fell through for some reason - not enough bids or something.

That's exactly how I recall it.

Thank you Wyness 101 and the others who have now been in touch.

I will get back to you all when we have some things organised but the open day/night will be a definite.