Our SUPERMAN

bauhaus

When the new season kicks off, who thinks Rossco will still be a centre half, or will he be a maurading full back once again. Showed some promise as a centre, do you think Tel might be trying to extend his career by doing this - saving his legs so he gets a twenty year testimonial. In fact do you get anything for being 20 years a player at one club.

i remember readin in an interview tokely was sayin tht he was playin centre back nd tht he thinks players like McGeady will be glad to hear tht they dont have to fight past him on th wings!

i think it was better when he was on th wing though cause he could do some decent runs up th wings!

Rosscoe looked more settled at centre half in the run in this season than he did last season and results speak for themselves, after he was settled there we conceded only a few goals in the run in. Apart from the Raith game i don't think we conceded more than one goal at all with him in the backline.

Tbh i don't think he will be at his best at RB in the SPL. He is 31 and he may well have lost a bit of pace. I'm concerned he would get found out. I think 2 new full backs are needed on either side in the summer.

Rosscoe looked more settled at centre half in the run in this season than he did last season and results speak for themselves, after he was settled there we conceded only a few goals in the run in. Apart from the Raith game i don't think we conceded more than one goal at all with him in the backline.

Tbh i don't think he will be at his best at RB in the SPL. He is 31 and he may well have lost a bit of pace. I'm concerned he would get found out. I think 2 new full backs are needed on either side in the summer.

thts very true. if he is to play cb who will butcher have at rb? is he plannin signin some1 for playin there and possibly lb cause i think golabek might struggle in th spl nd a few of my friends agree because he is at th age of 35 almost 36.

I'd rather see Tokely move back out wide and a big, powerful Bobby Mann/Darren Dods-esque centre back coming in. And yes, I think you can get a second testimonial.

When Tokley was playing RB he was easily beaten by any speedy player. Had he been playing there towards the end of the season he most certainly would have been released!

He has the height and stature but lacks speed and guile. Not sure he still has SPL abilities to play in the centre!.

neksor

Edited by neksor

When Tokley was playing RB he was easily beaten by any speedy player. Had he been playing there towards the end of the season he most certainly would have been released!

He has the height and stature but lacks speed and guile. Not sure he still has SPL abilities to play in the centre!.

neksor

That bodes well, Neksor - it sounds almost exactly like the many voices predicting that Rossco wouldn't be able to cope in the SPL last time we were promoted.... then he scooped every Player of the Year award going at the club!

The man is a legend and the sooner we hear he's safely signed up for a few more years of causing a rumpus in the SPL, the happier I'll be.

Not only did he play well as a centre back he allowed Granty to regain his confidence after having to cover for a Fenchman and a Latvian not knowing what was going to happen next.

He was immense playing at centre back, the stats speak for themselves, he is a great player to watch going up the wing with his deft touches but doesn't have the pace to catch up with a fast winger if they get past him.

Entertaining at RB but I would rather see him at CB for the good of the team.

sign pavel, convert him to right back. good reader of the game

would rather seem him at CB ...always get nervous when he takes a run and it feels like he is leaving ACRES of space on the wing...very nearly been caught out by the like of McGeady and burke

Wilkie was rubbish as a striker, a fish out of water. I think the only time that tactic had any real success was against us, because our defending against him was just embarassing.

aaaahhh but I've seen Tokely score a bicycle kick against Dundee United before.... it might just work

... if he signs :lol: