A9 petition

f*ballers wife

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've signed.... I was nearly wiped out by some dolly bird in a very sporty Peugot 206 convertible.... coming towards me, just the other day....

She had a maniacal grin on her face which will haunt me for years to come..... :001:  like that one...

More pressure needs to be brought to bear on developers when endless housing is being given planning permission with regards to contributing to road upgrades.The  A96 and 82 are also overused death traps

PS Johnoy,the same mad wifie near carved me up , had her heid oot the windae singing"I'm in the money" ....dinnae ken whit ah that was about!!!

Many of the A9's problems are caused by truckers restricted to a 40mph speed limit on the single carriegeway sections... this causes nose to tail convoys which can be an absolute nightmare to overtake.. (especially in a Skoda!)

It would be much, much safer if it was dualled all the way to Perth.....

Nobody's asking you to pay for it TM4TJ....

Send the frieght by rail = problem solved. Even if the A9 was duel'd it wouldn't cut accidents as it would encourage motorists to go even faster.

I'm with TM4TJ on this one.

Two decrepit old cities, Glasgow & Carlisle are linked by motorway/dual carriegeway... There are very few accidents on that stretch of road despite a much greater volume of traffic, travelling at a much higher average speed....

Look at the accident stats for the two-way sections and compare them with the stats for the duelled sections and you'll see why the whole road needs upgrading. Incidently, the majority of fatalities on this road have occurred at badly designed junctions, such as Ballinluig, Bruar, GlenTruim, Aviemore, Carrbridge, and by folk pploughing into the back of parked vehicles in layby's not fit for purpose.

oh my!!!

the fact that much of it is single track, well, you know what i mean, and some bits are duel, means that it confuses folk when if comes to overtaking.

even for us who use the road regularly, at night, you have to think twice and remember if you are on the duel or not.

but at the end of the day, any road.... one lane or 6.... its a long strech of tar and just lies there, doing nothing..... its the people who are ON it that cause the accidents.

impatience is the problem

the only difference between an accident on a single track road and one on a multi lane road, is the speed, and more damage is done the faster we can travel.

oh my!  to much sense..... slow is better..... for curb crawling anyway!  :004:

I suppose, in practicallity, yes, the A9 should be duel'd throughout and should have been done when the road was upgraded.

Slow lorries can cause frustration and the inattention of motorists, in general, add to the risk. The A9 also has that added ingrediant to the dangers of the road - the tourist. These folk are on their holidays and will rubber neck at every mountain and castle. Their main problem is they are used to driving 'on the wrong side of the road' in their own countries and have difficulty when driving over here.

Today's motorist has many distractions to keep his attention off the road, like tuning in the radio, CD or Mp3 player. He also has to look at the screen of his Tom Tom or other Sat Nav gimmic and kerb crawling in the Carrbridge area. His mobile phone is also another distraction and don't tell me you don't use your phone whilst driving - even a hands free is a disrtaction you know.

The road is safe, its those that use it that need educating. Today's roads require full on 100% concentration - nothing less will do.

oh my!!!

i introduced it, cos i think it should be made duel.... always have done, since the dam thing was built way back in the 70's....  (my mum told me!)

no need for it not to have been, with moorland most of the way, unlike the 96 where good farming land line it!  so you can kinda see why it wasnt made duel at the begining

it would be safer, with less confustion on some of those dodgy junctions like the one going into pitlochry from the north and the lug was also mentioned in an earlier post.

Guest donmac298

I agree with FW and Gringo.  I use the A9 and the A96 regularly and in my opinion it is sheer frustration which leads to speeding and accidents.  I could write a book on the illegal moves that are carried out by mindless idiots on the A96 - much worse than the A9.

I use the A9 and the A96 regularly and in my opinion it is sheer frustration which leads to speeding and accidents. 

There wouldn't be so much fecking frustration if the A9 and A96 were a fecking dual carriegeways...

would there..?