Stuart and Roy sign up

Div1309

Good, just waiting for Rossco & Ryan now, c'mon guys you know you want to...

They do want to, but the club have to improve the deals offered.

Otherwise it is 'Turkish delight'-esque P&J headlines... :blink:

Edited by RossP

I have never rated McBain and I never will. Staggered he got a new deal considering he hardly kicked a ball last season but there you go.

I think Roy is a cracking player, even at 36 he as fit as a fiddle. An excellent passer of the ball and a brilliant reader of the game as well, I can see him being more involved next season as his experience could prove valuable for us.

I have never rated McBain and I never will. Staggered he got a new deal considering he hardly kicked a ball last season but there you go.

I'm a bit suprised as well but more because Butcher didn't seem to rate him, rather than him being a bad player

the way I see it McBain is a mirror image of Proctor.. he can cover left back, left mid and more than capable at centre mid. We have some very young players in our starting line up so the more experience surrounding them will be benificial..

For me, McBain is one of our most complete centre mids but for some reason Brewster only ever fancied him as a wide midfielder where his lack of pace was evident. I've not seen him have a bad game when played in the centre of the park

McBain plays best in the middle I feel, breaking up play and playing the simple pass. After so many games out he was still by far the standout player in the 4-3 match v. Raith a couple of months ago. A fantastic performance.

McBain plays best in the middle I feel, breaking up play and playing the simple pass. After so many games out he was still by far the standout player in the 4-3 match v. Raith a couple of months ago. A fantastic performance.

I completely agree. He was outstanding that game and what makes it more remarkable was that he had come in from the cold having seen very little first team action at all.

I still think mcBain offers a lot to the team, it may not be that he starts every game but it is essential that we have players available that can come in and do a good job on short notice. McBain fits that bill prefectly. Glad to see him extend his contract

I completely agree. He was outstanding that game and what makes it more remarkable was that he had come in from the cold having seen very little first team action at all.

I still think mcBain offers a lot to the team, it may not be that he starts every game but it is essential that we have players available that can come in and do a good job on short notice. McBain fits that bill prefectly. Glad to see him extend his contract

He didn't play in that game :blink:

He wasn't even on the bench.

This is good news. Am especially glad for Roy as I felt sorry for him warming up so often then not getting on the pitch. Game against Dunfermline was superb and was sorry he came off early at Ayr. He still has a lot to offer. As does Golly. Now just need to get Tokely, Esson and Proctor signed. Plus a couple new faces and we will be sound. Got season ticket renewed and can't wait until first game of the season. Cmon Inverness.

Oops! It was the Dunfermline game. I was at both and since it was in the space of a week I must've got them mixed up.

He played a stormer all the same.

Delighted both have signed, not sure about the 'experience' factor, we have plenty of that already.

McBain is possibly my favourite player from the old era. Socks down and running at the opposition, just superb.

And Golly has been cracking since coming back, he was an ICT legend beforehand, and even more so now.

Now Esson, Roscoe and Bambi can sign up, and we can focus on signing that Aldershot reserves player we'll all been looking forward to.