Stuart and Roy sign up

Div1309

Players like them are required so they can impart their vast knowledge to the younger guys. They are a necessary part of any team.

pleased that they have both signed but i think it will be interesting to see how Golly gets on this time as if i recall was it not very early in the second season we were spl that he took the armband off and gave his captaincy up during the first half agains St mirren?

Players like them are required so they can impart their vast knowledge to the younger guys. They are a necessary part of any team.

Reading the P&J today it would seem they are both to have coaching responsibilities next season

Article also mentions a deal with Proctor likely next week

P&J Link

Hopefully once the signing of these squad players is finished we can concentrate on bringing in some players for the first team

I have absolutely no recollection of us loaning Golly to Livi, as mentioned in that article. Presumably he was totally out of contention at that point with Hastings the clear first choice.

I have absolutely no recollection of us loaning Golly to Livi, as mentioned in that article. Presumably he was totally out of contention at that point with Hastings the clear first choice.

I remember him playing for Livi but didn't realise we loaned him out

I know I've been suggesting on other threads that our priority should be signing a left back for the start of the season but to be fair to Golly he has been excellent for us since rejoining and what he lacks in pace he makes up with positioning and aggression.

I'm not sure I'd be 100% confident to hear he was out starting left back going into the new season but delighted to see him back where he belongs and his performances last season merit another 1 year deal

I would be happy for golly to go into the first team, ronseal gets the job done, what are his weaknesses? of late I cant think of any and I would look forward to Imrie and Golly going head to head on the field. I think the outcome would be a few hard tackles by Golly and cards being shown to Imrie for retaliation.

There was a clip on U tube of Golly scoring a screamer of a free kick for Livi at Almondvale a while back.. probably still there if you want to search.

Sounds like postive vibes coming from the club re Proc/Ryan/Rossco, thats good.

:( Followed by chants of you fat mustard....................or something like that.

<from Wiki> he made only two league appearances in season 2006–07 and was going to be transferred to Peterhead on loan until the end of the season. However this fell through and he went to Livington on loan instead.

He played 10 games and this was his only goal, a good one though.

Good to see both players staying on.

Edited by themann4thejob
none