Jonny Tuffey

Libero

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only ever seen Tuffey twice but in those two games he has been exceptional. I hope the hype over Tuffey is well deserved and if Esson doesn't sign i would gladly have him in as our new number 1. But i'd still prefere to have someone else in as a backup to keep whoever is number 1 on their toes. Esson and Tuffey wouldn't be a bad idea.

Esson would definitely be my number 1 choice. He's got the experience and is coming into what is normally prime for a keeper. He was exceptional for us this season and had he not been dropped for Fraser come the end of last season we might never have went down.

If Esson were not to stay then Tuffey would certainly be a exceptional replacement with his whole career in front of him.

I very much doubt we'd ever get both. Neither would accept being understudy.

CALEY Thistle manager Terry Butcher has turned his attention to Partick Thistle goalkeeper Jonny Tuffey as Ryan Esson dithers on his contract offer from the club.

full story here

Personally i'd be delighted to see Esson sign a new contract but if he doesnt i think Tuffey would make a good replacement.

We still need a number 2 as well!

our number 2 is roscoe :011:

The ICT defence obviously has confidence in and is bolstered by Esson. There is no guarantee that Tuffey would automatically have the same kind of relationship with the defence as Esson has. Esson if possible.

This.

I would rather Esson than Tuffey but wouldn't mind having Tuffey if Esson doesn't sign on. Although after a drunken bet on the way to Ayr if Tuffey signs then I stand to lose ?5.

Are drunken bets binding?

I believe Esson was on holiday until recently. He is probably the ICT player with the best chance of making a national squad (I know, i'm a total ****** that doesn't know nothing about football) so maybe its on his mind to try for something bigger but, I reckon he would stay but if not, Tuffey is a very good replacement.

• 1 month later...

Just spotted this article on the Sky sports website; linky

Skysports.com understands Inverness Caledonian Thistle have officially dropped their interest in Northern Ireland international goalkeeper Jonathan Tuffey after having two bids rejected in the last week.

With the Ulster-born shot-stopper being 23-years-old, there would be compensation due to his former club Partick Thistle, should he sign for a club in Scotland, while a move out of Scotland would be compensation-free.

Rangers, Hearts and Hibernian have all been linked with Tuffey over the last 12 months, but the only Scottish club thought to have make a firm contract offer to Tuffey has been newly-promoted Inverness.

Caley Thistle manager Terry Butcher has been a long-term admirer of Tuffey, but after failing to agree a compensation fee with Partick, he will now look in other directions to find a goalkeeper to compete for the number No.1 spot with Ryan Esson.

Tuffey turned down an offer from Burton Albion last month, but with the Inverness deal now dead, he looks set to sign for an English club this week, with Rochdale and Bristol Rovers the two favourites to battle it out for his signature

interesting. looks like there may be money to spend

But not enough, it would appear! Interesting story all the same. Tuffey and Esson? We'd be guaranteed one very unhappy keeper.

Or indeed two given today's signing news.

But not enough, it would appear! Interesting story all the same. Tuffey and Esson? We'd be guaranteed one very unhappy keeper.

either not enough or what partick want is too much for what we deem a fair value. we all know how over-inflated tranfer fees can be. Maybe we have funds allocated for another position also.

The mention of us paying fees is what intrigues me, i dont think there will be many teams in the SPL splashing out with transfer fees, i reckon most signings will be free transfers or nominal fees

• 2 weeks later...

According to MFR today we are close to signing Tuffey. If it's true then we will be well served in goal with esson and tuffey fighitng for the jersey. Plus it said he would be on a free transfer.

Edited by MorayJaggie

According to MFR today we are close to signing Tuffey. If it's true then we will be well served in goal with esson and tuffey fighitng for the jersey. Plus it said he would be on a free transfer.

:lol: very suprised i have to say

Guest Mahonio

VERY surprised at this if true!

Auldy is usually right so i guess it is true :lol: :) :) . Once again, Butcher pulls of a tremendous signing.

Just a quick question regarding todays MFR sport, what was Butcher being Interviewed about because i went into the backstore where my radio is (don't say anything, i ain't supposed to have it on due to a crazy bar rule regarding music) when i had finished pouring a pint and heard him but didn't hear what he said because of a loud cooler?

I listened at 8.30 but there was nothing.

however i did hear someone mentioning his name.

I think it'd be good to sign him because he's a good goalkeeper as we saw at Patrick.

He would make an excellent back-up.

Edited by MissICT

According to MFR today we are close to signing Tuffey.

I listened at 8.30 but there was nothing. however i did hear someone mentioning his name.

It was mentioned just after 7.30am this morning on MFR. I was semi-conscious at that time, but I think Butcher said he hopes to have the Tuffey signing completed by the end of the week. Incredible coup.