Jonny Tuffey

Libero

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a signing that highlights both the calibre of club we have become to attract such a well regarded player and that we intend to perhaps do more than just "survive" in the Premier League.

Alot of the clubs linked with him were in the football league and given that we were able to persuade him to come North i think also means that Terry Butcher deserves credit in getting him here.

Competition in goals will be tougher than ever this season at ICT and that alone will be a very intresting race throughout the season.

Cant say i know much about Tuffey....other than i know there are a lot of ICT fans who will be delighted at his arrival, as they rate him highly. Will look forward to seeing him in action. Welcome onboard Tuffey!!

Sounds like a bit of a coup getting him to sign. Well Done Terry and Co :angry:

Edited by SMEE

This is one of the happiest times in my ICT life, two brilliant keepers. Tuffey is such a great player, highly regard him. Would not be surprised if Esson gets pushed out, I do love Esson but Tuffey is great......=D

I would say Esson is the better keeper. From what I've seen Tuffey isn't the greatest at kicking/dealing with passbacks & is a bit shaky with crosses.

:angry:

Good signing but he isn't the finished article and I think Esson will still be out number 1. I know a few Partick Thistle fans and they say Tuffey is a terrific shot stopper but he is known for having his 'off' games... apparently he had one of his best games of their season against us (and he was outstanding) but I don't think it's fair that we expect that sort of performance from him immediately. At 24 he has the best years ahead of him as a keeper and with Esson pushing on a bit we'll probably see more of him in the next few years

Official site is portraying its usual wall of silence. Nothing about Tuffey at all.

I'm still waiting on confirmation that Tokely's signed a contract :angry:

That hadn't occurred to me, your right there was never anything about that.

It should be beneficial for both keepers in theory, as both have different strengths: Esson with presence, crosses, kicks and communication; whereas Tuffey is a very very good shot stopper.

Hopefully both can learn from each other.

His performance against us our 1-0 victory at Firhill was nothing short of incredible.

As soon as i found he signed the first thing i did was go onto Partick's site to watch that game.

Official site is portraying its usual wall of silence. Nothing about Tuffey at all.

ICTFC.co.uk is one very sorry excuse for an official site.

It's useless.

We are an SPL team however the sight does no reflect this.

Edited by MissICT

Absalutly great signing for us to now have 2 quality keepers although i dont see the point from tuffey's perspective. Why leave a club that will want to give the 1st division title a good shot and gaurantied 1st team football to come and sit on the bench in the spl. Has he moved for money? Does he think he will be 1st choice?

Esson will still be No1 so i dont see why tuffey would want to come to ICT. I am glad he has though

ICTFC.co.uk is one very sorry excuse for an official site.

Who on earth runs it within the club? Or perhaps, is it external?

Whichever.........it is a joke and an embarrassment!

It appears that it is hosted on premiumtv.co.uk, and if you google that you get to here Perform Group

Now maybe I'm a bit anal....but I absolutely loathe sites built with flash..so I'm biased before I even get into it.

Rangers FC is on premiumtv.co.uk as well........and given that there is loads more info on that site (even if it is bogged down in flash) it does rather look as if it is ICT who aren't bothering to update.

You think that ICT is the only business in the world without anybody who is capable of using a computer?

This thread is about Jonny Tuffey not ictfc.co.uk can we get back on topic ........

as a final word on the off topic part of this thread..... I happen to know for a fact that the club are aware of the shortcomings of the current site. Myself or Don could rip the thing apart from top to bottom in terms of our opinions but I know they are looking to upgrade it soon so please bear with them. Remember - it wasnt that long ago that swingeing cuts were made at the stadium and there is currently not the budget or personnel to make it right overnight however ... unlike the scoreboard, this item is on their agenda.

Absalutly great signing for us to now have 2 quality keepers although i dont see the point from tuffey's perspective. Why leave a club that will want to give the 1st division title a good shot and gaurantied 1st team football to come and sit on the bench in the spl. Has he moved for money? Does he think he will be 1st choice?

Esson will still be No1 so i dont see why tuffey would want to come to ICT. I am glad he has though

I can understand why.

• Firstly, he wants to better his position by playing for an SPL club.
  • He probably has enough faith in his ability to believe he will be first choice by the end of the season no matter who starts.
  • Nobody came in for him except us. Why should it be any different next year? Even if he only gets a few games with ICT, he'll still be seen more.
  • He's still pretty young for a keeper. Esson was initially offered a one-year contract. Maybe Butcher has told Tuffey he's the future, so will be looking to bring him in sooner rather than later with a longer term view.

Remember he's only coming from Partick and unproven in the SPL. Only now will some of the bigger clubs be seriously looking at him. It's good for both sides.

I think Cammy Bell was the best GK in the SPL last season but he arrived from SFL1 (loan) as a back-up. Now, he's close to a Scotland call-up. Probably same thing on Tuffey's mind (and I know he's not Scots for the pedantics)

Edited by starchief

Excuse me if I don't join in the elation. I think Esson did a great job last year and I have no doubt he can perform well in the SPL. Clearly we need cover but it looks as though Max Johnson will provide that very nicely. I accept that in the SPL you probably need a third keeper but probably a young lad learning the trade.

Whilst Tuffey knows what he's coming to, I wonder if Esson and Johnson knew what lay ahead when they signed their contracts. Esson will not have signed to be number 2 and Johnson won't have signed to be number 3. I think we will have 1 or maybe 2 very unhappy keepers in the squad.

I also don't buy the competition is good line. Remember all the hoo ha about England and the lack of clarity about who the number 1 keeper was? Everyone was saying how this was a confidence thing and the keepers needed to know they were considered as number 1. The thing is that if you feel that any mistake means you're on the bench next week then you lose confidence and are more likely to make that mistake.

To be honest, I've not seen enough of Tuffey to make a judgement on whether he should be number 1 or 2 but although clearly he's highly rated I don't think we need him and I don't think Esson and Johnson are going to be too happy tonight. What we need is at least a couple of good signings in the back 4 and presumably the signing of Tuffey limits the available cash for that. I look forward to a keeper being sold in the January transfer window at a sizeable profit.

The new season can't be too far away - the moaning has started again!