Pre-Season Friendlies / Early Season Games

Scotty

Crewe have never been a Premiership side. The Courier are saying on their website that they believed that ICT were in discussions with Bradford City about a game.

As usual, not a word from Caley Thistle on the matter.

Edited by DJS

If anyone's planning to drive all the way from Antwerpen then good luck :ttiuwp:

A word of warning about the A9 from Perth to Inverness: it can get rather busy and slow, as much is just one lane each way. And in August there will probably be lots of Dutch tourists driving slowly and towing caravans, gawping at the mountains :)

If anyone's planning to drive all the way from Antwerpen then good luck :ttiuwp:

A word of warning about the A9 from Perth to Inverness: it can get rather busy and slow, as much is just one lane each way. And in August there will probably be lots of Dutch tourists driving slowly and towing caravans, gawping at the mountains :)

Yes, we're going to come with a van from Antwerp. We drive to calais to take the train, and from folkestone we drive to you guys. We did it the same way last year in fallkirk.

Only thiis time we are going to leave antwerp on thursday night, and hope to arrive friday during the morning. So therefore my question, is ther a good camping around there where we can go out, and not have to go or drive to long to the stadium?

My best regards from antwerp

"Cancelled due to mix up of arrangements at Crewe"

I'd like to know what happened there.

Crewe would not be Crewe if there wasn't a mix up.........leaves on the track, points problem.......all happens at Crewe. Gringo will confirm.

DJS, I think its the k.o time thats to be confirmed.

Yes, we're going to come with a van from Antwerp. We drive to calais to take the train, and from folkestone we drive to you guys. We did it the same way last year in fallkirk.

Only thiis time we are going to leave antwerp on thursday night, and hope to arrive friday during the morning. So therefore my question, is ther a good camping around there where we can go out, and not have to go or drive to long to the stadium?

My best regards from antwerp

I'm in London, and I'm not familiar with the camp sites around Inverness - there are quite a few though, more than around Falkirk I would guess! Here's one which is just to the west of the town and only 10-15 minutes drive from the stadium - or a long walk via the local pubs... :022:

http://www.bunchrew-caravanpark.co.uk/gallery.aspx

For the journey from Folkestone to Inverness I would recommend the route via M20, M25 anti-clockwise round London, M11, A14, A1, A66, M6, M74, M73, M80, A9 - the traffic on the M1 and M6 southern end can be horrible, and this route's usually quicker. I've done the journey from the start of the M11 to Inverness in 7 hours 20 minutes before (yes, I know that's an average greater than the speed limit!!), but realistically you'll probably be looking at around 10-11 hours driving from the tunnel. Good luck and enjoy the journey and match!

Further to The Fly's suggestion there is also Bught Caravan Park which might be better placed, as you can easily walk to the town-centre from here.

Lucky I checked this page, I was going to book a Tlodge tomorrow. How safe is my booking at Fleetwood now.

Yes, its a real bummer. I too had sussed out train times and fares and also was going to try for a cheapie ?19 Travel Lodge.

"Cancelled due to mix up of arrangements at Crewe"

I'd like to know what happened there.

Crewe would not be Crewe if there wasn't a mix up.........leaves on the track, points problem.......all happens at Crewe. Gringo will confirm.

DJS, I think its the k.o time thats to be confirmed.

Aw nuts....hope it is only a k.o time foopah as it would have been a nice little 'home' game for me.

You are right Alex...Crewe Alex' very often have a 'points failure' at their games!! :D

Hi All,

We are coming with 3 persons to watch the game on 07/08. We fly to Glasgow on Fri 06/08 and will rent a car afterwards. Are there any hostels you can recommend for our stay in Inverness? We do not need anything fancy but walking distance from the pubs would be very appreciated :D

Thanks in advance,

Red Greetings from Belgium,

Sfingo.

Are there any hostels you can recommend for our stay in Inverness? We do not need anything fancy but walking distance from the pubs would be very appreciated :D

Friends from Ireland and other friends from America have stayed in Bazpackers Hostel and they were all very pleased with everything about the place. Excellent location too.