Pre-Season Friendlies / Early Season Games

Scotty

>> Friends from Ireland and other friends from America have stayed in Bazpackers Hostel and they were all very pleased with everything about the place. Excellent location too.

Thanks a lot, will try to book it as soon as the game is officially on. Cheers, Sfingo.

You're welcome good.gif

I have done a wee bit off digging on google and have learned that we were blown of by Crewe on the Monday so they can play Blackpool on the Tuesday which was just announced today on Blackpools official site.

In terms of who else we could play i noticed Tranmere Rovers are free on the Monday, they play on Saturday but don't play again till Friday.

Ok i did some more searching with the aid of google maps and official club websites and i found a few teams available on the Monday.

As i mentioned earlier there was Tranmere Rovers, i also found Northwich Victoria, Halifax and Huddersfield town are all free on the Monday night.

I'm sure the club are doing all the can to find someone and for all i know they've already tryed these folks but as a fan this is me just doing my bit with all means at my disposal.

Ok i did some more searching with the aid of google maps and official club websites and i found a few teams available on the Monday.

As i mentioned earlier there was Tranmere Rovers, i also found Northwich Victoria, Halifax and Huddersfield town are all free on the Monday night.

I'm sure the club are doing all the can to find someone and for all i know they've already tryed these folks but as a fan this is me just doing my bit with all means at my disposal.

I like the Huddersfield idea or even Halifax as brother inlaw is Halifax fan. And both within 12 miles.

I'll be at Beladrum but will be happy to Taxi share with anyone else who is willing. If i've been near any Black Isle brewery juice, then I will probably tell you "not to be so stupid, put your cash away" and end up paying it all myself.

When the game(s) in England have a safer feel to the chances of them going ahead, then I'm up for a jolly on down.

Antwerp folk, just make sure you don't get a seat in the main stand, the goings on will absolutely baffle you.

I see from the official site that Huntly (A) has been added to the pre-season friendlies list, Wednesday 4th August, 7.30pm kick-off.

Still no further word on anything for Monday 26th July, to tie in with the trip to Fleetwood on the 24th :D

The courier says the Blackpool trip is DEFNITELY on.

They have contacted Stockport county over getting a game, don't think they will get them cause i was on their site and their pitch is in the middle of being re-surfaced but Malpas said they are also confident of playing a conference team in the area if Stockport say no.

The Courier website also says we are playing Real Valladolid on the 3rd August.

Edited by ajsict92

Nope. Their official site has an article about their Scottish tour, based at Dunblane Hydro. Fixtures are :

Amistosos en Escocia

* 3 de agosto: St. Mirren - Real Valladolid.

* 5 de agosto: St. Johnstone- Real Valladolid.

* 8 de agosto: Kilmarnock - Real Valladolid.

* 10 de agosto: Celtic - Real Valladolid.

Nope. Their official site has an article about their Scottish tour, based at Dunblane Hydro. Fixtures are :

Amistosos en Escocia

* 3 de agosto: St. Mirren - Real Valladolid.

* 5 de agosto: St. Johnstone- Real Valladolid.

* 8 de agosto: Kilmarnock - Real Valladolid.

* 10 de agosto: Celtic - Real Valladolid.

Been a mix up somewhere. St Mirren are in Norn Ireland on the 3rd playing Derry City in their pre season tour

Article on P&J website here

CALEY Thistle will face Spanish side Real Valladolid as part of their pre-season preparations ahead of their return to the Scottish Premier League.

Valladolid, who finished 18th in La Liga last season and were relegated to the Spanish Second Division, will travel to the Highland capital for the friendly on Tuesday, August 3 (7.45pm).

CALEY Thistle will face Spanish side Real Valladolid as part of their pre-season preparations ahead of their return to the Scottish Premier League.

Valladolid, who finished 18th in La Liga last season and were relegated to the Spanish Second Division, will travel to the Highland capital for the friendly on Tuesday, August 3 (7.45pm).

I saw that in the P&J this morning too. So if this Real Valladolid game goes ahead on the 3rd August, surely this means the game at Huntly on the 4th August is off, yet it's still listed on the official site.

I saw that in the P&J this morning too. So if this Real Valladolid game goes ahead on the 3rd August, surely this means the game at Huntly on the 4th August is off, yet it's still listed on the official site.

Not necessarliy. Now that we have a youth squad we may look to blend them into that game on the Monday with just a few first team players involved, so any player on the bench against Valladolid may feature as a starter the next say.

Saturday 7th August we play Royal Antwerp :lol:

Will this be the first time we've had royalty at TCS since Wyness left?

Looks like it won't be the first if the Real Valladolid game takes place on the 3rd. Two Royal teams in 4 days.

Does anyone know how you pronounce Valladolid anyway, is it along the lines of Vayadolleeth?

Does anyone know how you pronounce Valladolid anyway, is it along the lines of Vayadolleeth?

That's how I would pronounce it.

:lol: :angry: :angry:

:(

gutted we have two european teams coming for pre season friendlies and im out of the country till september...... D'OH :017: :lol::argue:

Aye thats the one. The O/H used to live in Burgos which is around an hour and a half from Valladolid. Went to a couple of games when they were in the Segunda and saw them play Celta Vigo and Tenerife. Nice big stadium and a rather fetching Purple and White striped kit.