Pre-Season Friendlies / Early Season Games

Scotty

I see Valladolid's keeper is currently on international duty with Paraguay.

Indeed he is, and was has played in goal in every WC game for them so far, including the one that went to penalties against Japan the other day. He is the captain of Paraguay too I believe.

Also, I see Valladolid was also once managed by Helenio Herrera, they guy who pioneered the Catenaccio style of football that was most prominent in Italy. Obviously a team with a lot of history then.

Edited by Renegade

We at Antwerp have finally confirmed as well.

More or less direct ways of travel prove very expensive so I don't think we'll be taking a big following to your place. Three mates and my good self will fly in on friday via Prestwick, and from there on by train to Inverness where we'll arrive late in the afternoon.

Any suggestions on how best to spend a friday evening/night in Inverness are more than welcome.

Thanks !

M.

Hello,

Finally the trip is confirmed. We will probably come with 4 guys, fly to aberdeen on friday and stay there for one night. Coming to Inverness on saturday morning by train. It isn't easy and it is also expensive so i expect only a couple of hundred people. But you can be sure that the atmosphere will be excellent. Hope to drink some beers with you before and after the game!

Bristol was a big party : http://www.rafc.tv/?page=1&video=280

Greetings

Edited by IncuflexRAFC

We at Antwerp have finally confirmed as well.

More or less direct ways of travel prove very expensive so I don't think we'll be taking a big following to your place. Three mates and my good self will fly in on friday via Prestwick, and from there on by train to Inverness where we'll arrive late in the afternoon.

Any suggestions on how best to spend a friday evening/night in Inverness are more than welcome.

Thanks !

M.

Plenty of bars. Some with live entertainment. A couple of night clubs. Enjoy the journey and the weekend and dont be too upset when we beat you.

I was looking forward to Stockport game until I seen where its being played, its the middle of nowhere and having to drive down the car park that is the M62 at rush hour :blush: . Need to think about this one!!

I was looking forward to Stockport game until I seen where its being played, its the middle of nowhere and having to drive down the car park that is the M62 at rush hour :024: . Need to think about this one!!

I shan't be attending that match as i'am in York that day and then have to travel back to Heysham afterwards, all in all around 5 hours worth of travelling, too much.

Looking forward to Fleetwood though.

Edited by ajsict92

From County web-site

County will play SPL side Inverness Caledonian Thistle in a pre-season friendly on July 26th at Wincham Park, home of Witton Albion FC. Kick-off is 7:45pm, with ticket prices at ?10 for adults and ?5 for children and concessions.

From Witton Albion web-site

I am pleased to be able to announce that following discussions with officials of Stockport County FC, agreement has been reached to host their pre-season friendly fixture against Scottish Premier League side Inverness Caledonian Thistle, which is to be played on Monday 26 July, kick-off 7.45pm. Caley are managed by former Ipswich Town, Galsgow Rangers and England international defender Terry Butcher.

Terms for the use of our facilities were concluded quickly, and with an expected attendance of 500+ the income that this will generate for the Club is most welcome at this time of the season.

Admission to the game will be ?10 adults and ?5 children and concessions.

Mark Harris - Chairman

Directions:

Wincham Park is in the Wincham area of Northwich. The stadium is approximately 1.5 miles to the north of Northwich Town Centre.

1261180933.JPG

From North/South/East

Leave the M6 at Junction 19 and take the A556 Chester Road towards Northwich.

After 3 miles get into the right hand lane and filter off to the right at the 'triangle' road junction.

At the traffic lights go over to the left which is Manchester Road (still the A556).

After 1 mile turn right into the A559 Hall Lane.

After 0.5 mile turn left into Wincham Lane (the Black Greyhound Pub is on the opposite side of the road).

After 0.5 mile Wincham Lane becomes Chapel Street, you will go over a hump backed bridge over the canal and the turning into the stadium is on the left.

From the West

Use the M56 towards Manchester, leave at Junction 10 and use the A559 Hall Lane (following the directions above). Alternatively use the A556 and the A530 via Griffith's Road on to Manchester Road (and again follow the directions above).

I have a question.

How is the road from Aberdeen to Inverness, does anyonbe knows how long we will have to drive? Not easy (cheap) to get to you guys.

Greetz

2.5 hours drive plus extra for rush hour traffic on the way through as the road goes through many towns and villages. Allow 3 hours to drive and you won't miss anything. Don't try overtaking unless you are absolutely sure you can see enough of the road ahead, the A96 is terrible for accidents mostly caused by people overtaking at unsuitable spots.

I have a question.

How is the road from Aberdeen to Inverness, does anyonbe knows how long we will have to drive? Not easy (cheap) to get to you guys.

Greetz

Are you planning flying via schipol to Aberdeen? Might be cheaper to get to London via easyjet then a flight to Inverness with easyjet.

I have a question.

Greetz

Are you planning flying via schipol to Aberdeen? Might be cheaper to get to London via easyjet then a flight to Inverness with easyjet.

It can be cheaper but driving to schiphol takes also time and money. We will do it this way:

Flying from brussels to london and from london to aberdeen, it costs us 256?. Leaving here at 7:25 and ariving at 10:30. We are staying in a hotel in aberdeen and on saturday morning we will drive with a rental car to inverness. See the match, drink some beers with you guys and on sunday we have our trip back. Total costs without beer will be 348?.