Pre-Season Friendlies / Early Season Games

Scotty

38428_1419878610416_1036176748_31022643_8024146_n.jpgI forget the funniest picture. There were a few riots afterwards, nothing serious, just a few brawls between police and supporters. Riot police are pretty agressive in Belgium.

Anyway, notice the guy bottom right :008:

Why... its you!!!!

I'm disappointed that the new version of this website does not (yet) have the various Smurf emoticons that the last one had. Using them liberally would have made our Belgian visitors feel very welcome, in a completely unpatronising manner.

:_talktalktalk:

I'm disappointed that the new version of this website does not (yet) have the various Smurf emoticons that the last one had. Using them liberally would have made our Belgian visitors feel very welcome, in a completely unpatronising manner.

Feck me - here is a recent phottie from the Royal Antwerp forum:

smurfs2CEN_468x285.jpg

Anyways...

I see Foran isn't fully fit, according to the P&J; and he won't travel south with the first team squad this weekend. He'll instead stay to work with some of our younger squad.

There is also an article on Elgin City where their manager says that he hopes Butcher will loan out 3 of our younger players. He especially hopes we loan out Max Johnson, who is wanted on loan by other clubs apparently. Max is currently nursing an Achilles injury according to the article...

I was in Galway last weekend and managed to catch quite a bit of GAA on the telly. You'd be surprised at how few injuries there are! All shoulder to shoulder, no swipes or diving in with legs.

Hopefully Foran will be fit to make at least a substitute appearance v. Queens Park. However with positive performances by Shinnie, Eric, Sutherland and Gil, we are quite well covered I suppose.

I'm guessing Hayes will be travelling and playing this weekend...

I'm guessing Hayes will be travelling and playing this weekend...

Not quite. Foran, Hayes and Proctor all miss out due to injury and Mackay-Steven and Milne are not going either although Butcher said he was going to talk with them after we return next week so i'm guessing he is intrested in signing them perhaps.