Pre-Season Friendlies / Early Season Games

Scotty

He was the captain of that great war vessel..HMS Sneck.Still in dry dock from the doughty fights that it had engaged in a few seasons ago.

Probably will re-appear soon..I hope.

Never laughed so much in my life at the time it was brought onto the scene.

So we can overlook some of his faults in the interests of solidarity. He's an irreverend handful, so he is. :_doh:

Hey Antwerp 1 , welcome! You got your songs, we have ours. See you Saturday, where you might find most of the locals slightly less obtuse than IHE.

But they havent got their own songs - they borrow chants from the Premier League - even from teams that they claim to hate. And they are not Belgian - and half of them think that they are English and half of them think there is a feckin nationality called Antwerpees.

We will probably be listening to Bubbles, followed by Marching On Together, followed by Blue Moon, Walk On and there may even be a wee rendition of Engerlund.

Mind you to be fair it looks as if the Antwerp Government has officially greanted them permission to have future generations officially turned in to English football fans:

Belgian parliament says 'yes' to therapeutic cloning and research using human in vitro embryos

New legislation permitting cloning for therapeutic purposes and research using human in vitro embryos, was adopted by the Belgian parliament on 3 April.

Hey Antwerp 1 , welcome! You got your songs, we have ours. See you Saturday, where you might find most of the locals slightly less obtuse than IHE.

But they havent got their own songs - they borrow chants from the Premier League - even from teams that they claim to hate. And they are not Belgian - and half of them think that they are English and half of them think there is a feckin nationality called Antwerpees.

We will probably be listening to Bubbles, followed by Marching On Together, followed by Blue Moon, Walk On and there may even be a wee rendition of Engerlund.

Mind you to be fair it looks as if the Antwerp Government has officially greanted them permission to have future generations officially turned in to English football fans:

Belgian parliament says 'yes' to therapeutic cloning and research using human in vitro embryos

New legislation permitting cloning for therapeutic purposes and research using human in vitro embryos, was adopted by the Belgian parliament on 3 April.

We have our own songs too, relax.

Hope it's a good game!

It seems most of Belgium is in Blackfriars pub at the moment! Quite enjoying their songs, even the butchering of tartan army classic 'we'll be coming'.

Royal Antwerp will be well represented at today's match with up to 100 or so fans at least. Are the getting the away stand or are they drowning out our fans in the main stand a la Queens Park?

I thought that Antwerp was a Belgian club ? And if you say Feck Liverpool why the feck are you sprouts singing their feckin anthem :_beatme:

Probably the same reason as you Celtc fans do .

This song, for me, is synonomis with stadium disasters. Heysell and Bradford in 85 and Hillsborough in 89. Gerry and the Pacemakers released it in 63 and Liverpool fans adopted it. Since then it has been adopted by fans of many other clubs, including Celtic, FC Twente, Dortmund and even FC Tokyo. After the Valley Parade fire the song was released by a group of stars, including Gerry Rafferty, as a tribute to the 56 who died.

Whenever I hear this song at any ground I'm reminded of why we now have all seater stadia.

I thought that Antwerp was a Belgian club ? And if you say Feck Liverpool why the feck are you sprouts singing their feckin anthem :_beatme:

We don't sing YNWA, we have our own version

We even got a song for people like you,

:_sleep:

Well - It looks as if this thread is heading to a close and I fer one would wish to thank the Antwerp sprouts fer making the pre season banter just that little bit less boring and it would appear that they also stuck to their words and brightened up a dreary afternoon in Sneck. I fer one fink that it would be great to arrange a return game in Antwerpee where the Sesh Army and the Mob would show them the ICT Away experience - enhanced if we can use flares (and not meaning my troosers).

As fer my patter - it was sarcasm and wind up and as Kenny Everett would say - it was all done in the best possible taste.

Bye Bye Sprouties :_wave: :_moon: