Chick Young @ World Cup

kencar

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the problem with some people. Chic is at the world cup, SO WHAT. Just because we did not qualify are we to ignore the greatest show on earth because we didnae get their. Something that always happens at the World cup, the team that eventually wins the competition sets a trend that a number of teams will follow for some time, tactics i mean. If the winners play with one up front, with two attacking wingers and two holding midfielders watch a lot of teams try to reprocate the winning formula. So why not have a reporter or reporters jealously looking at why we arent their. Im sure he will be tellinh Lennon how it was done when he returns.

Ive seen photos of Chic in Aberdeen scarfs, Celtic tops, Hearts clobber and Rangers stuff, so does that make him just a glory hunter!!

What is the problem with some people. Chic is at the world cup, SO WHAT. Just because we did not qualify are we to ignore the greatest show on earth because we didnae get their. Something that always happens at the World cup, the team that eventually wins the competition sets a trend that a number of teams will follow for some time, tactics i mean. If the winners play with one up front, with two attacking wingers and two holding midfielders watch a lot of teams try to reprocate the winning formula. So why not have a reporter or reporters jealously looking at why we arent their. Im sure he will be tellinh Lennon how it was done when he returns.

Ive seen photos of Chic in Aberdeen scarfs, Celtic tops, Hearts clobber and Rangers stuff, so does that make him just a glory hunter!!

:(

A soverign state is a country no? The UK is a nation, a nation is a country. Scotland and England share a prime minister, does that not mean we're the same country.

Alex, this stuff happens all the time, and there's only so far you can tale a topic on Chick Young.

A soverign state is a country in terms of the uk? No it's not. No matter how much you want it to be Scotland and England are not the same country. Accept it the UK is not a country, it is a state consisting of countries.

:rolleyes: Who said we are ignoring the World Cup? I think we are just saying Chick Young is a ***** pundit. Talking in Metaphores and Cliches 24/7 does not make him good.

At work today two people wished my team good luck against America, I said my team Scotland aren't in the World Cup, both looked amazed.. Obvioulsy geography not a strong point in Latvia

As for Chick Young , merely a guy doing a job.... they send the best they have, how bad are the rest!!!

Mantardo.................

Take Chick Young with a pinch of salt.

I see no reason to take his style of 'journalism' seriously, but do we need to constantly slag off the likes of him, Dodds, Traynor, blah blah blah............now Neil Lennon, that's a different beast altogether.

I don't see why so many people here are so offended by Chick Young, or is everyone just jumping on the "we hate Chick Young" bandwagon because they have nothing better to write on here.

Mantardo; since your last post seems to indicate that personal insults are now allowed on this forum, i think you are a pr!ck.

I don't see why so many people here are so offended by Chick Young, or is everyone just jumping on the "we hate Chick Young" bandwagon because they have nothing better to write on here.

Mantardo; since your last post seems to indicate that personal insults are now allowed on this forum, i think you are a pr!ck.

little harsh is it not??

Good to see your sense of humour bypass was a complete success.

Mantardo, to avoid further misunderstandings please use [banter] tags along with a full expanation of any play on words you wish to employ in future, thanks.

After 20 minutes of serching who Mantardo is, i find out it was Mantis. Who knew? :lol:

Anyone who read the Brazil names thread!

What you can also do is click on someones name, view their profile, an in the "options" drop down menu on the left there's one called "Member's display name history" where you can see if they've ever been called something else.

Has anyone actually seen Chic Young at the World Cup yet? I don't think I've seen him at all.

Me neither. Perhaps he's one of the many journos who got sent to research the problem of HIV+ prostitutes.

Colin Paterson, music journo

Danny Baker, DJ & Worst Broadcaster of The Year

Nicky Campbell, BBC's Head of Dumbing Down

Any particular reason for license payers forking out for their air tickets?

little harsh is it not??

I would now like to explain (as i had always intended) that i have no bad feeling towards mantardo and that i certainly do not think that he is a pr!ck, infact i have no idea who he is. I used my previous post to illustrate a point. I have seen numerous people on this forum lambasted in the past for insulting individuals and as a result had their right to use this forum brought into question, yet it seems that for a senior moderator this is acceptable.

Mantardo; i am sure you don't think that Chick Young really is a pr!ck and that your comment was meant purely as innocent banter. Understandably there is a line somewhere in the sand that cannot be crossed, my gripe is that this line seems to move about depending on who's toes are getting close to crossing it.

Where has Chick Young been during this world cup so far anyway?

Surely having a Scotsman at the world cup means we have at least 1 unbiased reporter, even if it is Chick Young?

As for his allegiances, i don't really care. He can support anyone he likes and can do that in whichever way he pleases whether that be via a closet or not. If he's the best reporter we can send then it's a bit of a shame but at least we get some coverage as outsiders looking in.

And on the Alan Hansen point. Everyone refers to how he refers to England as "we" and "us" but having seen him cover countless games I can't ever recall it. Maybe he has in the past but given he's surrounded by Englishmen and played there for the vast majority of his career and lives there it's probably alot easily to do that be it through habit or just to appease the Enlgish public.

I've seen him with many a smirk on his face when England haven't been doing so well and likes to lay it on thick when getting into the analysis of their play, particularly if there has been mistakes.

Well at least there's one less pundit for us to worry about.

Ticket tout

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few more pundits bricking it at the moment.

I'd also be interested to know if the BBC are equally generous in awarding match tickets to the family and friends of employees.

A soverign state is a country no? The UK is a nation, a nation is a country. Scotland and England share a prime minister, does that not mean we're the same country.

Alex, this stuff happens all the time, and there's only so far you can tale a topic on Chick Young.

A soverign state is a country in terms of the uk? No it's not. No matter how much you want it to be Scotland and England are not the same country. Accept it the UK is not a country, it is a state consisting of countries.

:D

But I want the UK to be a country!

:009:

Still no Chick, or Hansen referring to we.