Travelling People

MrsICTFC

Where would you suggest they set the boundaries? There's is not a lifestyle choice. There's is a way of life. A tradition going back hundreds of years. Is their way the wrong way and yours the right? If those people made your lifestyle choices and chose to move into the house next door to yours would you think any differently of them?

Boundaries as in - leave schools alone, leave play parks alone.

Well actually two doors down from me a family who travel for 6months maybe more of the year live. So as a family and I am sure many others who live in homes for X amount of months during the year should know that there are certain places that shouldn't be acceptable to park up. I am sure they wouldn't appreciate me setting up camp in their front garden. I don't think any different of them to any other person living on my street.

But it seems in this case they couldn't move on further. There was a mechanical problem, so had to stop somewhere nearby. They moved on in a couple of days, which suggests the excuse was genuine. There was no trouble caused and no intention of staying.

I daresay there are problems in some places where they illegally alight but I can't see this being one.

It would be interesting to see if peoples opinions change when they park their caravans on your doorsteps and things start to go missing from your garage.

That happened to me when I first moved to Inverness, only it wasn't travelers, it was an Invernessian. I then moved and the next door Invernessian turned out to be a wife-beater.

So there you have it...people from Inverness are wife-beaters and thieves. I should know, I lived next to them!

(or is it not that simple to castigate whole communities on the basis of a few individuals?)

The PC world we live in has a lot to answer for.

You don't hear of the good things they do.....................tell me about them, tydying up after they have visited is normal is it not. It's good that they do it but it's not a reason to celebrate. I could have put it another way, when there are no caravans, things don't disappear.

If we went back to traditions, we would still be raping and pilaging and eating each other, is that above board?

You don't hear of the good things they do.....................tell me about them, tydying up after they have visited is normal is it not. It's good that they do it but it's not a reason to celebrate. I could have put it another way, when there are no caravans, things don't disappear.

If we went back to traditions, we would still be raping and pilaging and eating each other, is that above board?

If this is in relation to my post I think you should read it again. I never actually said "you don't hear about the good things they do". I said that you don't hear about the ones that come and go without causing trouble, Big difference.

I could have put it another way, when there are no caravans, things don't disappear.

So all thieves are travellers?

In the PC world we live in I couldn't call you an ersehole.

Now, let's see what happens.

I could have put it another way, when there are no caravans, things don't disappear.

Oz, Yes I can read, don't get grumpy with me because you're team only drew with the States. I am asking you to tell me about the good things they do as opposed to us hearing about the bad things they do. I am well aware that there is good and bad in all walks of life.

pmf, I don't suppose I could call you an ersehole either, but I would like to. Can you quote to me the part where I have said this, thanks.

Hope the season starts soon......................

pmf, I don't suppose I could call you an ersehole either, but I would like to. Can you quote to me the part where I have said this, thanks.

Hope the season starts soon......................

You said that when there are no caravans, things don't disappear. To me this means that the only time things go missing is when there are travellers around, so obviously there are no thieves in our own community. Please correct me if I misunderstood your statement.

Not misunderstood, but mis-interpreted. You can read all you want into it, like I have done. There are plenty pilferers in our own communities, but they are not all thieves before you twist the meaning, and I am sure they are not all travelling people either.

Are you saying all thieves are travellers, as that is what you typed.

It's how you tell 'em.........and what difference will it make?

Not misunderstood, but mis-interpreted. You can read all you want into it, like I have done. There are plenty pilferers in our own communities, but they are not all thieves before you twist the meaning, and I am sure they are not all travelling people either.

Are you saying all thieves are travellers, as that is what you typed.

It's how you tell 'em.........and what difference will it make?

What I typed was a question aimed at your good self, hence the question mark.

I'm not sure where you are going with the "when there are no caravans, things don't disappear." Mannie, everybody would like to beleive that all theives and ******* are from different communities. Incidentally to all, if you cant carry on this discussion without calling each other erseholes then you are not doing yourself proud.

On the subject of name calling I apologise for saying Mrs ICTFC was a bit snobby, it was toungue in cheek and I hope it was taken this way. Of course schools and playgrounds should not become settling points as they are too valuable to the community and I would imagine there are a lot of travellers who do not approve of that incident.

There is incidentally an inverted snobbery amongst some travellers, but mostly the reason they seem standoffish at times is that on the whole their relationship with non travellers is not a happy one. Remember they might have felt exclusion and prejudice from primary school onwards.

I cant think of any shiny good deeds a traveller has done lately but I cannot think of any good deeds anybody has done lately largely because good deeds tend to go unreported whereas a bad one will be reported and get blown out of propotion.

Oh and Mannie,raping and pillaging might well have happened historically it also still happens in some african villages but I don't think, even when the vikings landed that they ever intended to make it traditional.

Oh and Mannie,raping and pillaging might well have happened historically it also still happens in some african villages but I don't think, even when the vikings landed that they ever intended to make it traditional.

Forget history and Africa, it still happens in every town and city in the UK, including by and to Highlanders and travellers! It may have a slightly more modern word than 'pillaging' but violent crime is still violent crime.