Your world cup bets

Harry Chibber

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to ladbrokes last night and put on two celeb bets.....

Iain Wright

France to win 1-0 & Anelka to score first

?5 on ?110 back

:ictscarf:

Chris Kamara

Argentina to win 3-1 & Messi to score first

I wouldn't trust my money on any celeb bets and definitely would not be Iain Wright or Kamara!!

.... saying that my France to win the world cup bet doesn't exactly shower me in glory.

Stuck ?20 on a USA & England double today so hoping for no upsets

.... saying that my France to win the world cup bet doesn't exactly shower me in glory.

It's all gone wrong for them recently. Big egos in the dressing room, no respect for the manager, players dictating where they want to play, a few of the team including Ribery recently questioned by police as part of a child prostitute scandal etc etc.

I bet on Italy and England because the odds seemed very generous.

It's all gone wrong for them recently. Big egos in the dressing room, no respect for the manager, players dictating where they want to play, a few of the team including Ribery recently questioned by police as part of a child prostitute scandal etc etc.

I bet on Italy and England because the odds seemed very generous.

Domanech is a mad man but at the same time you have to ask how the french federation can name his replacement before the start of the world cup and expect the players to have any respect for the guy. They should have stuck Blanc straight in as manager if that was there intent anyway

I think Italy will be there or there abouts, even after their draw with Paraguay.. I can't see them losing many games and their experience will help them in KO stages. Still very hard to pick a clear favourite from the first round of fixtures

Bit of spread betting for me via paddy power for the teams in the final.

Argentina being me strong favourite from one side of the competition with Germany being my second choice and Holland from the other side with Brazil being my back up so I have bet on these for the final teams.

Argentina v Netherlands 12/1

Argentina v Brazil 10/1

Germany v Holland 30/1

Germany v Brazil 25/1

Not sure if Germany will be there but at those odds a wee bet will cover the main ones and if all of those teams win their QF games I'm guaranteed a win.

I've had a disasterous start so far, I've cursed far too many teams with my bets. Only bet I won was Chile to beat Hondurous by the one goal at decent odds. So stayed away from the second round fixtures so far....heres hoping it'll start to pick up slightly for me.

Edited by Iain

?2.82 on Super Sammy Eto FG @ 6/1 (Weird amount i know??) Return ?17.48 hopefully! Eto better follow in Forlan and Wesleys footsteps!

Edit!! WTF

Benoit Assou-Ekotto is a 100/1 for first goal scorer on betfair. Is he dead?

Edited by SanMiguel

?Benoit Assou-Ekotto is a 100/1 for first goal scorer on betfair. Is he dead?

He is in the starting line up! Well worth a punt!?

Benoit Assou-Ekotto

Your Odds 100

Your Stake ?2.00

Your Profit??198.00

Its some how came through as 99/1 but who cares wtf!

Edited by SanMiguel

?2.82 on Super Sammy Eto FG @ 6/1 (Weird amount i know??) Return ?17.48 hopefully! Eto better follow in Forlan and Wesleys footsteps!

Edit!! WTF

Benoit Assou-Ekotto is a 100/1 for first goal scorer on betfair. Is he dead?

good work.... again.... pr!ck :lol:

Since my luck is well and truely out I've let the mrs put some bets on...

Next wednesday her score predictions are:

England vs Slovenia - Draw

USA vs Algeria - USA win

Serbia vs Australia - Serbia win

Germany vs Ghana - Draw

all that lot for 68/1 ... if she wins I'm not betting again.

Another good day yesterday, Ghana/Oz 1-1 @ 6/1 and Denmark 2-1 @ 9/1 ( plus a nice wee treble on horses)

Todays bets,

19/06/2010 21:57:00 Paraguay 2-1 @ 17/2

Italy 3-0 @ 11/2

Brazil 2-1 @ 15/2

Trixie, 4 bets *

Torres FG at 4/1 ?3.50. I only have money in betfair and fancied villa. 3/1 tho :blink:

Come on torres need you to join the forlan, sniper and eto gang!

What do spain and caley have in common? 7 goals 7 diff scores :lol:

I promised myself i wasnt going to put money on the world cup but after predicting Denmark winning 2-1 the other night and spain 2-0 tonight (and feeling like tanning my wrists for not putting money on it), im straight down the bookies at opening time 2moro!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really one for betting but the lads at work ran a sweep for the WC Finals.

?10 a head gets 2 teams, one from the top 16 seeds and the other from the rest.

1st prize ?90

2nd prize ?40

3rd prize ?20

4th prize ?10

I drew Germany and Uraguay so have at least ?30 coming to me, I am hoping they both make the final so I can collect before the weekend. :lol:

I wonder what odds I'd have got that they would both make the semis? :024: