Renegade

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scotwatch

In a desperate attempt to find Scottish points of interest seeing as we're not there :

- Scottish flag in this evening's game in Cape Town

- Advertising hoardings for a Scottish company, Aggreko.

It's just like being there. :rolleyes:

saw a fan wearing a Celtic shirt in the Argentina crowd .... if that counts

Berti Vogts is a former manager of Nigeria as well as Scotland !

Can anyone explain why FIFA deem it necessary to shoot themselves in the foot by introducing a new ball that behaves like a balloon for the World Cup finals??

I was going to say that myself. Some of the goalies seem to take goal kicks that go the length of the pitch and out for another one. The bounce on it is terrible as well, I wonder if we'll see any goals from simple long balled free kick from the other half that bounces over the keepers head.

Berti Vogts is a former manager of Nigeria as well as Scotland !

We're getting really desperate with that one!

A more pertinent one is that USA and Bolton's "Texas" Holden is Scottish, born in Aberdeen.

Is Green not paid about ?40,000 per week to stop a football trickling over the line? Does he not have an expensive coach telling him to get his hands in place before the ball arrives and as a precaution get his body behind the shot? It used to be Scottish keepers who were ridiculed. Now we have a range of highly paid English keepers who drop the ball for their opponents, do air kicks and watch the ball trickle past and now ones who turnip with oily gloves! The yanks have in recent weeks not enjoyed the sight of oily gloves but they did yesterday. Green Energy!

Can anyone explain why FIFA deem it necessary to shoot themselves in the foot by introducing a new ball that behaves like a balloon for the World Cup finals??

I was going to say that myself. Some of the goalies seem to take goal kicks that go the length of the pitch and out for another one. The bounce on it is terrible as well, I wonder if we'll see any goals from simple long balled free kick from the other half that bounces over the keepers head.

there is the altitude as well that will affect the length of goal kicks. the argentina keeper was kicking it to 18yd line at other end on every bye kick. ball is light as a feather as well

Green :) :) :lol:

English over-hyped media :lol: :lol: :lol:

All this talk of Capello being a tactical mastermind and his team looked more disjointed than when McClaren was in charge. They have the players to win the tournament but there is no chance they'll come close with 2 calamity keepers, no natural left winger, a right winger who can't cross & Heskey.

So far the Argies look the best team but I can't wait for the start of group D which I think will be the tightest of the lot.

Nothing better than knowing the mrs is at work and I've got a day of football to look forward to... love the World Cup :)

What a bizarre hand ball for Algeria. Gained nothing and a red card. Man must be a complete idiot. Still, the Egyptians here will be happy, it's ABA in Cairo.

Had just stuck cash on it being a draw and they he goes and does that... didn't even look bothered when he came off the park

What a bizarre hand ball for Algeria. Gained nothing and a red card. Man must be a complete idiot. Still, the Egyptians here will be happy, it's ABA in Cairo.

Having seen Maradonna score using that tactic in a previous World Cup, the lad must have been hoping to become a national hero.

Some of the Argentinian haircuts are somewhat troubling and the Slovenians not much better.

It crossed my mind watching the Greeks yesterday that if a team that bad can qualify from Europe then how bad must Scotland be.

It's a shame to see so many empty seats at some games. Makes you wonder about the wisdom of taking the World Cup to South Africa and then pricing games out the local population's reach.