Welsh International for ICT?

Well, just about a Welsh international. If my source isn't pulling my leg, Mark Bradley is set to sign up for ICT.

Here's a wee snippet from the Walsall player profile's page (he has just been released):

'A hard-working, box-to-box player who has a good engine and a fine range of passing, he has the ability to arrive in the box late to score his fair share of goals.'

'The Welsh Under-21 International signed a one-year deal in May 2007 and really emerged as a key member of the midfield during the 2007/08 campaign, establishing a regular place in the heart of the side and winning many plaudits, including the Young Player of the Season award.'

He has been capped once by the Welsh, seems a pity he's been released, but apparently Walsall are in a bit of trouble financially (they need to cut ?600,000 from the club this summer).

Hopefully we can step in and offer the lad a chance to play in the SPL. Seems to be in the mould of Lee Cox/David Proctor, and is classed as a 'utility player', but has mainly performed in defence for club and country (Okay, one appearance but still :( ).

*Source* My cousin lives down near Walsall and used to travel across to watch them, got to know a few members of the youth team and has kept in touch since.

"Bradley - with a small squad next season, we can't afford passengers. Taundry and Richards will, I suspect, be the main midfield. So if Bradley was still with us, what does he offer different to either of them? He can't get stuck in and show the energy of Taundry, he can't pass as well as Richards."

"Glad to see Bradley go, hes had his chance."

"Dissapoited to see Bradley leave, i thought he had potential, but he never showed it bar a period of a couple of months."

"Shocked by Mattis, disappointed (more so about how his career with us has panned out) by Bradley but jubilant about Till!!!!"

"Bradley really did look a fantastic prospect about 3 seasons ago but since taking that knock he was just never the same player."

Doesn't sound too promising.....

Eeech, didn't read any of the forums, but that doesn't sound great. Didn't think Hayes or Cox were too highly rated on their respective forums? Seem to remember someone posting a link.

As long as he's young and willing to put the work in, we should take him on. Give him one season to perform, a-la Hayes or Cox, and he could come good.

As long as he's young and willing to put the work in, we should take him on. Give him one season to perform, a-la Hayes or Cox, and he could come good.

Yea, I agree with this. Fresh start and all that supposing he impresses on a trial.