Terry Butcher on Tele now

L_G

Thought he might have mentioned ICT but all they wanted to talk about was Engerlund and the World Cup without too much discussion on how crap their team has been playing.

Come on Slovenia :rolleyes:

And picked up a few bucks in the process no doubt.

The Radio Times had him billed as manager of INverness Caledonian Thistle. Which is nice.

Did fatboy cordon refer to him as Scotland assistant manager? Thought he came across ok on it. I reckon he'd make a better England manager than capello.

I've seen quite a few programmes Butcher's been on since he joined ICT, and the club never get mentioned. If it were me, I'd slip a couple of ICT references in, just to give the club a bit of a name-check and a bit of PR. Butcher never does though, whether it be on his recent Sky Sports appearances, "James Corden's World Cup Live" or the infamous Champions League coverage caption fiasco. Unless of course, he's using this coverage to bring up opportunities for where his next move could be.

At risk of going over old ground...

TB isn't on these programs because he is the ICT Manager, he's on them because he's the ex-England and Rangers captain. He won't have the opportunity to start waxing lyrical about ICT and I'd imagine if he did he'd find the TV work would dry up as apart from a few thousand ICT fans, no one else is interested. The TV captions will always refer to the link he has with the event he is covering, i.e. Rangers (occasionally!) play Champions League football, he's the ex-Rangers captain, there is the relevance. Same with 'James Cordens WC Live' (what absolute brain damage that is, watched 10 minutes and had to give up) and his previous life as England captain.

I'd imagine most people who watch and are interested will ask 'what's he doing these days anyway?' and go google him or whatever and find out that way. It can only be positive that TB is on the telly so much, even if he isn't banging the drum loudly it is still exposure for the club.

At risk of going over old ground...

TB isn't on these programs because he is the ICT Manager, he's on them because he's the ex-England and Rangers captain. He won't have the opportunity to start waxing lyrical about ICT and I'd imagine if he did he'd find the TV work would dry up as apart from a few thousand ICT fans, no one else is interested. The TV captions will always refer to the link he has with the event he is covering, i.e. Rangers (occasionally!) play Champions League football, he's the ex-Rangers captain, there is the relevance. Same with 'James Cordens WC Live' (what absolute brain damage that is, watched 10 minutes and had to give up) and his previous life as England captain.

I'd imagine most people who watch and are interested will ask 'what's he doing these days anyway?' and go google him or whatever and find out that way. It can only be positive that TB is on the telly so much, even if he isn't banging the drum loudly it is still exposure for the club.

spot feckin on ! we need to get over our complex about these things and realise that the quoted post says it all in a nutshell.

Thought he came across ok on it. I reckon he'd make a better England manager than capello.

I think that thought will have occurred to him as well..... He'll get plenty of support when he applies for the job, when Crapello quits. (probably after today's match with Slovenia)

The TV captions will always refer to the link he has with the event he is covering, i.e. Rangers (occasionally!) play Champions League football, he's the ex-Rangers captain, there is the relevance. .

Not necessarily so. He was also referred to as "Ex-Scotland Assistant" (no relevance there) and I think I also heard him on one occasion as "Ex-Motherwell Manager"!

. I reckon he'd make a better England manager than capello.

I'm not sure Butcher's got the right attitude to be England boss. Imagine if they came up against Argentina. He still seems awfully bitter about a lot of things.

I had a chance to chat with Terry about this last Christmas and he effectively said what's in Bridge Enders post.

If those bumping their gums and moaning about it had ever spent a moment in his company or knew the slightest thing about him then you would realise that he is, without doubt, very passionate about promoting the ICT Brand. Other when he's on the TV doing his punditry for other things he is wearing the name. So much so that I often wonder if he puts his suit on over his ICT Jacket....his cap must have to be surgically removed as well.

Butcher would happily answer questions or make comment about ICT on these shows, but can only do so if the presenters lead with an opportunity....it would be unprofessional of him to go "hang on a minute, can I just stop you there as I want to yap on a bit about ICT".

He is on Talksport breakfast show with Alan Brazil tomorrow(thursday am). He has been introduced as ICT manager, and talked about ICT on Tsport when Brazil has interviewed him before.

I had a chance to chat with Terry about this last Christmas and he effectively said what's in Bridge Enders post.

If those bumping their gums and moaning about it had ever spent a moment in his company or knew the slightest thing about him then you would realise that he is, without doubt, very passionate about promoting the ICT Brand. Other when he's on the TV doing his punditry for other things he is wearing the name. So much so that I often wonder if he puts his suit on over his ICT Jacket....his cap must have to be surgically removed as well.

Butcher would happily answer questions or make comment about ICT on these shows, but can only do so if the presenters lead with an opportunity....it would be unprofessional of him to go "hang on a minute, can I just stop you there as I want to yap on a bit about ICT".

Couldn't agree more CaleyD, have talked with TB about ICT and it's clear he's passionate about the club and wants to be here.

Edited by KingBeastie