Sports bar

caley100

From what I've been hearing its not much of a "sports" bar as it'll only be open for an hour before kick off and an hour after full time . I thought it would have been open around mid day so you could watch the sky game and have a bit of lunch before watching ICT .

From what I've been hearing its not much of a "sports" bar as it'll only be open for an hour before kick off and an hour after full time . I thought it would have been open around mid day so you could watch the sky game and have a bit of lunch before watching ICT .

That would be the sensible approach. I reckon they would make a fair few quid if they did that.

Copy of E-Mail sent to ICT Commercial Department today...................discuss!!!

Hi Darren/Tabitha As a Kingsmills Club Member last season I am disappointed that you have not been in touch regarding your plans for a Sports Bar next season, with less than a week to the SPL kickoff. Hope to hear news this week and would like to think that we can get a pint pre/post match with light refreshments pre match whilst also being able to watch a live game on tv? Kingsmills Club members provided useful revenue for the club last season and I feel we have been treated shabbily on our return to the SPL. I appreciate that the demands for hospitality mean that space is at a premium this season but surely arrangements can be put in place for your loyal ICT supporters? I am aware that Season Ticket holders can get a discount on matchday hospitality but at ?35 a time it is still quite expensive and this is only available for 4 matches? After forking out ?350 for a main stand season ticket it is a bit steep to ask for a further ?35 + vat for lunch, tea and a pie at half time plus a free matchday programme! I look forward to hearing your plans to accomodate the ordinary punters this season as well as the Prawn Sandwich Brigade! Yours in football o2bajaggie

• Agree 1

Copy of E-Mail sent to ICT Commercial Department today...................discuss!!!

Hi Darren/Tabitha As a Kingsmills Club Member last season I am disappointed that you have not been in touch regarding your plans for a Sports Bar next season, with less than a week to the SPL kickoff. Hope to hear news this week and would like to think that we can get a pint pre/post match with light refreshments pre match whilst also being able to watch a live game on tv? Kingsmills Club members provided useful revenue for the club last season and I feel we have been treated shabbily on our return to the SPL. I appreciate that the demands for hospitality mean that space is at a premium this season but surely arrangements can be put in place for your loyal ICT supporters? I am aware that Season Ticket holders can get a discount on matchday hospitality but at ?35 a time it is still quite expensive and this is only available for 4 matches? After forking out ?350 for a main stand season ticket it is a bit steep to ask for a further ?35 + vat for lunch, tea and a pie at half time plus a free matchday programme! I look forward to hearing your plans to accomodate the ordinary punters this season as well as the Prawn Sandwich Brigade! Yours in football o2bajaggie

Do you really think it did? Me and the wife went in there on the last day last season. There were about a dozen folk in, having some food, at one o'clock. There were no queues at the bar. Around two more folk started to come in yet I could still go to the bar and get served almost immediately. On that, only, experience I cant honestly see how it would have provided very much in the way of revenue, considering what they'd have to pay in wages. Maybe it did though.

You had to pay for the " priviledge " of being a Kingsmells club member .

'Kingsmells'!? What kind of post is that? There is no 'd' in privilege but there is in 'idiot'. If this was a slip of the finger on the keyboard then I will apologise for calling you an idiot - but I suspect that it was just another mindless comment of the type that turns people away from posting on this forum.

• Disagree 4

'Kingsmells'!? What kind of post is that? There is no 'd' in privilege but there is in 'idiot'. If this was a slip of the finger on the keyboard then I will apologise for calling you an idiot - but I suspect that it was just another mindless comment of the type that turns people away from posting on this forum.

dry your eyes mun

dry your eyes mun

Confirmation.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Hey I have found yon red button and deducted Murchie ma first point. Kingsmells is evidently a sarcastic reference to the smelly home of the team that Caledonian FC saved and took over. Forums have just got to have a bit of banter and fun in them or we will all become boring eejits. And I pushed the red button as it was Murchie who made derrogatory personal remarks against a fellow poster.

Dry your eyes mun is also a well used Sneckie phrase and rather apt, restrained and polite in the circumstances.

Dry your eyes mun is also a well used Sneckie phrase and rather apt, restrained and polite in the circumstances.

I remember that song- Dry your eyes mun, I know its hard to take but her mind has been made up...

Regarding the bar does anyone have an up to date floor plan? just so that I can visualize myself laying on it.

See part 5 for licencing application. If you click on INBS 119-10 within it, you'll get more info. Looks like it was on agenda of Licencing Committee on 2nd August, no idea what outcome was.

My link

Well it appears the application was successful!! Woohoo!!

FAMILY SPORTS BAR MAKES DEBUT

Caley Thistle's game with Celtic will see the launch of the club's new Family SportsBar.

This innovation is open to season ticket holders and home match ticket holders from 11 am on Saturday and a maximum of 250 people can use the free-to-enter facility.

Chairman George Fraser said:"This meets a longstanding demand for the opportunity for home fans to come along earlier to a game and watch TV sports while having a drink. We hope it will be a valued addition in our new SPL season."

Commercial manager Darren Mackintosh explained:"The SportsBar will open on matchdays from 12.30 pm until 6 pm, being closed just before kickoff and reopened after the final whistle. For the Celtic game, the SportsBar will be open from 11 am, but come early to be sure of admission.

"It is designed to encourage families, as children from five years upwards can, under the terms of our liquor licence, be in the bar if accompanied by a responsible adult. The Supporters Trust is putting together plans for children's entertainment in the SportsBar for later games. "

Fans need to show their season ticket book or home match ticket as proof of entry -- away fans will not be admitted and the SportsBar willbe well stewarded.They can obtain bacon and sausage rolls from the servery while in the bar.

When the bar closes, fans will be asked to leave back through the main door and re-enter the stadium via a turnstile. When the game is on, the facility will reopen as a concourse servery for food, soft drinks and toilets use.

After the game, fans should exit the stadium and go through the SportsBar entry door, again showing season ticket book or home match stub.

official press release

Hope this is a success.

There are currently 2 versions of the press release on the official site. One, which was also emailed out to people, starts with the line "Caley Thistle's game with Celtic will see the launch of the club's new Family SportsBar, Caley Jags."

So is that the name of it? They've still got 24 hours or so to come up with something a bit more imaginative!

Doubt it would be that busy if it was just for ST holders. Only problem with it may be locals who 'support' Celtic and have tix for the north or main stands may end up in it. From the e-mail I reckon it'll be well policed though.

They should have it as ST or home tickets only and home colours only. Just to prevent any aggro. Sorry for modifying my post. I'm using the new iPhone page which is a bit of a hassle. Have to agree with Dalneigh Caley though - somewhere to watch the early or later premiership games and not be late to the gound would be good. Anyone know about prices at it yet? Have the club released anything?

Hope this is a success.

There are currently 2 versions of the press release on the official site. One, which was also emailed out to people, starts with the line "Caley Thistle's game with Celtic will see the launch of the club's new Family SportsBar, Caley Jags."

So is that the name of it? They've still got 24 hours or so to come up with something a bit more imaginative!

seems to be my reading of it and its the same email I got from Darren this morning asking us to publicise it ...... except you lot got to it before I could post :_thumbup: