Andy Murray

Johnboy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye.. now that Engerlund are home with their tails between their legs all media hype will unfortunately be aimed at Andy, who is doing very well by the way.

Mee is posted missing as she is normally the first to post re Andy Murray - she might even be at Wimbles as we speak.

Well..............you have now and I have been watching his progress.

Mr Renegade has given us the stereotypical response to so many of our own sportsmen. Wait until they fail then call them all the names under the sun. Murray has been the greatest British tennis player in history. He is Scottish, but has not yet won a Grand Slam event. That does not make him a complete failure. He may never win one of the big ones, but he is still the best we have and should thus be given the support he deserves, and maybe one day he will have something to boast about. The game of tennis, like other sports has come a long way since the early years and the standard in all sports is absolutely astonishing. The likes of Federer and Nadal are two of the reasons Murray is finding it so difficult to become a Slam winner, but he has beaten them both before and with a bit of good fortune and plenty of skill he might just do it one day. He does sometimes let himself down, body language and attitude, but he has no shortage of fitness and skill and can match the best on his day.

But what the hell, let's just knock him anyway. The list of people to knock is endless.

Murray

Monty

Chic Young

Alan Wells

Kenny Dalgleish

Alan Rough

Celtic in Europe

Rangers in Europe

Chris Hoy

Eddie the Eagle.....................now he was sh**e, plucky but sh**e.

Murray's next game will be a difficult one against Tsonga, a player who could be a dark horse to win the tournament. No easy games left, so good luck Andy.

Enjoy Wimbledon

Oh well, seeing as this has now become an Andy Murray thread, I'd go as far as to suggest Andy could win it this year.

He was superb yesterday, and the guy that destroyed him last year - Andy Roddick, was eliminated last night.

He'll still have to beat Nadal to get to the final - I'd bet a bottle of Glenfarclas on him doing that...

H/Dee.... Where are you?

I'd love Murray to win it, but I have the feeling that he won't do it this year. In the really important games his first serve often lets him down - this undid him in the semi against Roddick last year and although I reckon he'll beat Tsonga tomorrow, I could see the same happening in this year's semi, especially if he's playing Nadal. Also, if he does manage to make the final, the chances are he'll be playing Federer, and I worry that having been beaten in straight sets by Federer in his previous two grand slam finals, he won't have the psychological strength to win this one. Really hope I'm wrong though.

Federer in big schtuukk against Berdych.

2-1 down in sets and struggling to fend of the Czech. Berdych is a power player and along with Tsonga and Soderling are big threats to the top seeds.

Federer beaten by Berdych!

This could definitely be Andy's year.

No one want to bet against him reaching the final?

And murray through to semi.

At the start of Wimbeldon he was Scottish. Won two matches and became British. Tomorrow he'll be Englands great white hope.

Good progress by Murray against Tsonga who seemed to tire quickly after the second set, one way traffic after that with the occasional thunderbolt from Jo.

Berdych could be the spanner in the works for the big three. He has all the attributes needed to win this tournament and is the most powerful player left.

Berdych - Murray final anyone?

I had thoughts on whether the czech could raise his game to repeat what he did on Federer again, was that his 'cup final' Murray says its one thing Beating Tsonga but another level is required for Nadal.

Federer beaten by Berdych!

This could definitely be Andy's year.

No one want to bet against him reaching the final?

And murray through to semi.

At the start of Wimbeldon he was Scottish. Won two matches and became British. Tomorrow he'll be Englands great white hope.

On news today it said Murray is ENGLISH . Apparently his maternal great grandmother was English.

:lol: :crazy03:

On news today it said Murray is ENGLISH . Apparently his maternal great grandmother was English.

I always thought there was something not quite right about him.

I wouldn't worry about it. He'll be fully Scottish again tomorrow once he's lost to Nadal.

I always thought there was something not quite right about him.

Any way to make the English look goood :lol:

Come On Andy Ya Scotsman You Can Do It Tomorrow :lol:

Shame about the result. The match hinged on a handful of vital points in each set and Nadal had the answers for each of them. Murray is gutted by this defeat and if he continues this way then he will never win a Major. He needs a better second serve and to be more ruthless when on top in the rally.

Still the best in this Country by a mile.

i sometimes feel Murray would rather keep rallys going than play the killer shot, and until he develops that killer instinct, he will remain an also ran. Just my opinion!

PS...some reckon his mother is a negative influence on him, and that he needs to turf her...but i dont watch enuff tennis to know what they are referring to.