Andy Murray

Johnboy

I thought he gave his absolute best. Tried desperately for every shot, right until the very last game. Nadal, on the day, was just better than him. As Mowbray used to say, sometimes you have to take it on the chin.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i sometimes feel Murray would rather keep rallys going than play the killer shot, and until he develops that killer instinct, he will remain an also ran. Just my opinion!

PS...some reckon his mother is a negative influence on him, and that he needs to turf her...but i dont watch enuff tennis to know what they are referring to.

I don't think your legally allowed to turf your mother. I dont even believe she has an influence on him. She's just a very proud mother wanting her son to be successful.

As for the game itself. At this moment in time, when Nadal is fit and playing at the top of his game, there is not another player out there who can match him. He is number 1 for only one reason. He is the best in the world and its no shame to be beaten by him.

Guest Mahonio

I felt the same emotions as Murray at the end of that match because i did believe he would beat Nadal in semis and Djokovic or Berdych in final but there is one point which i will say turned that match. At either 6-6 or 7-6 Nadal in the 2nd set breaker Nadal hit a forehand which Murray was going to get a racquet on until the ball hit the damn stupid net cord and missed Murrays racquet by a small margin and from then on in i just couldn't see AM getting back in it unfortunately.

One thing i will say to his bashers is, HE WILL WIN A SLAM ONE DAY AND YOU WILL BE EATING UMBLE PIE!!!

Personally I'm quite glad he got beat actually. Sure he's good at the tennis but I just can't get behind such a dull, boring human being. He has the personality of a corpse! Such a dour, dour man - at least Henman actually sounded at least a slightly bit interested when was being interviewed. Sorry people, I just can't stand him or his cringe-inducing mother. Well done Nadal!

Edited by Renegade

Berdych for me if he hits his 'A' game. His power play could unsettle Nadal and I doubt he will let Nadal back in to the rallies as easily as Murray did.

Or course the people making the comments know him so well. Because someone doesn't come across too well in front of a camera doesn't mean they are boring and I can assure you Andy is far from boring away from the limelight.

How do you know ?

He is there to play tennis, not do a song and dance routine.

Or course the people making the comments know him so well. Because someone doesn't come across too well in front of a camera doesn't mean they are boring and I can assure you Andy is far from boring away from the limelight.

Well I've never met, but I don't think I'd want to. I just can't back or have any support for such dull, arrogant person. He seems to be unable to put two words together most of the time. I even saw him eating through an interview once! Anyone But Andy for me.

He is there to play tennis, not do a song and dance routine.

Well I've never met, but I don't think I'd want to. I just can't back or have any support for such dull, arrogant person. He seems to be unable to put two words together most of the time. I even saw him eating through an interview once! Anyone But Andy for me.

Hangings too good for him , imagine eating during an interview !

Nadal it is then, as in the Murray game, he proved he is the best equipped to handle the pressure.

Eating whilst being interviewed, how rude of the interviewer to ask questions when he is eating. Some folk just never see the good in anybody and nit picking like this is just shameful, or perhaps looking to start a duel.

Nadal it is then, as in the Murray game, he proved he is the best equipped to handle the pressure.

Eating whilst being interviewed, how rude of the interviewer to ask questions when he is eating. Some folk just never see the good in anybody and nit picking like this is just shameful, or perhaps looking to start a duel.

He's trying to be controversial ( and failing ) .

How do you know ?

We're not all couped up in Dalneigh mun. Some of us get out and about and see the rest of the world.

Met him at a wedding a few years ago.

How do you know ?

We're not all couped up in Dalneigh mun. Some of us get out and about and see the rest of the world.

Whats with the attitude ? I only asked a question ffs .

How do you know ?

Whats with the attitude ? I only asked a question ffs .

What attitude? You ask a question I answer it. However, I wouldn't have made the statement without knowing the truth and although I freely answer your question, I take exception at being asked in such a way as to question the integrity of the statement.

You wrote " We're not all couped up in Dalneigh mun. Some of us get out and about and see the rest of the world. " I'd call that attitude .

I merely asked " How do you know ? " Whats there to take exception to there ? :blink:

I'd call it :blink:

Had you made a similar I wouldn't even think to question how you knew. I'd just assume you must know.

At the start of Wimbeldon he was Scottish. Won two matches and became British. Tomorrow he'll be Englands great white hope.

He'll be fully Scottish again tomorrow once he's lost to Nadal.

If he is out today he will be Scottish in the am!

:P

I can't believe people seriously believe this kind of stuff.

Guest Mahonio

Not about believing RiG. Just before the semi started one commentator referred to his as Englands best hope since...............

Well, newspapers down South were claiming Murray TO BE ENGLISH because of his ancestery but HE AIN'T BLOODY ENGLISH, HE'S SCOTTISH SO LEAVE HIM BE!! By the way that rant was aimed at the English papers not anyone on here ok :).

Edited by Mahonio