Donald Kay

The Mantis

I meant to mention this before. My dentist Douglas Kay is from Sneck and his old man, known as Dod, used to play for the Jaggies around 1950. I don't suppose any of the old coffin-dodgers on the forum remember him? Must be before even Bannerman's time though.

I meant to mention this before. My dentist Douglas Kay is from Sneck and his old man, known as Dod, used to play for the Jaggies around 1950. I don't suppose any of the old coffin-dodgers on the forum remember him? Must be before even Bannerman's time though.

But I remember Dougie Kay. He was a couple of years ahead of me in school and was the goalkeeper in one of the best ever Royal Academy 1st XIs in 1969 (despite what IHE will inevitably argue to the contrary!).

The father may just have been a little too old to have played at Kingsmills with Murd Urquhart. Jock McDonald played his first game for Jags in 1952.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

But I remember Dougie Kay. He was a couple of years ahead of me in school and was the goalkeeper in one of the best ever Royal Academy 1st XIs in 1969 (despite what IHE will inevitably argue to the contrary!).

The father may just have been a little too old to have played at Kingsmills with Murd Urquhart. Jock McDonald played his first game for Jags in 1952.

I remember Dougie Kay, played with him in Inverness Juvenile League. Good keeper!

Dougie the dentist will be knocking 60 in a year or two I reckon so that'll be about right. I'll mention you to him CB, and caleyboy too, if you PM me with your real name.

The teachers' New Year today CB? :lol:

Dougie the dentist will be knocking 60 in a year or two I reckon so that'll be about right. I'll mention you to him CB, and caleyboy too, if you PM me with your real name.

The teachers' New Year today CB? :lol:

I reckon Dougie will turn 59 some time this year.

Teachers' New Year... very, very close now! Prize Giving just finished but unfortunately nobody is having a retiral dinner which would have created an extra opportunity tonight so we'll all have to wait for the Heathmount tomorrow afternoon. We finish at 12 (which actually means I don't have any classes tomorrow since the First Year aren't with us yet) and by about 3pm the Shiny Green Folders will have been long abandoned for the summer and we'll be fighting our way to the bar. But at Heathmount prices, it might be a decent idea to nip down to the Caley Club first for an inexpensive "loading dose".

I presume you have something similar planned down your way Mantardo?

Edited by Charles Bannerman

• 1 month later...

Before my time Mantis and Charlie - cant remember the mon - we always struggled fer keepers in School days at the IRA - best keepers in my days was Kenny MacKenzie and John Rudkin - but most looked better for the sweeper/captain in front of them.

Oh and then there was Tarzan Findlay :rotflmao::rotflmao:

• 2 months later...

Mrs Mantis went there today and lo and behold Dougie retired a couple of months ago :amazed:

There's another dentist in his place and he's even got a computer in place of Dougie's big pile of filing cards. Probably never see him again to tell him what a great goalie he was......

Before my time Mantis and Charlie - cant remember the mon - we always struggled fer keepers in School days at the IRA - best keepers in my days was Kenny MacKenzie and John Rudkin - but most looked better for the sweeper/captain in front of them.

Think you are talking about my uncle Ken. He was at the IRA and was Caley goalie for a few years?

• 2 weeks later...

Think you are talking about my uncle Ken. He was at the IRA and was Caley goalie for a few years?

Don't think so. He is talking about a younger version. Remember your uncle tho. Post Office, Nairn County and one of the best Caley keepers of all time.

• 4 weeks later...