Lionel Djebi Zadi

MeadowEnder

Bombscare sums him up fairly well.

As far as natural ability goes he has a fair bit. He's also got all the right physical attributes. I just dont think he's all there in the head when it comes to 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

As far as natural ability goes he has a fair bit. He's also got all the right physical attributes. I just dont think he's all there in the head when it comes to 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.

I think nerves sometimes got the better of him, especially after making a mistake (which wasn't his exclusive domain). The crowd would get onto him, the anxiety would kick in and he'd then go slightly to pot. He was exciting/unpredictable to watch, and I liked him.

You can see from this cross section of replies just how much Lionel polarised views with the ICT support. In my opinion he wasn't as bad as many people made out, but you can be sure he always got the blame for any mistakes in our brittle defence. For me his best games were against Rangers/Celtic. Maybe he likes the big stage. He is certainly an entertainer.

I'm sure he could do a job for you, and I might even come and watch if you have a game within striking distance of Berkshire.

I think nerves sometimes got the better of him, especially after making a mistake (which wasn't his exclusive domain). The crowd would get onto him, the anxiety would kick in and he'd then go slightly to pot. He was exciting/unpredictable to watch, and I liked him.

I have to agree with you i personally think that all of his best performances came when playing away from home when fans didn't generally get on his back as much as at home.

I always reckoned that with Lionel it was all about confidence. A good couple of touches and a well timed tackle in the early stages of the game and he could play well. If he got off to a bad start, then he struggled to turn things around and could be a total liability.

You can see from this cross section of replies just how much Lionel polarised views with the ICT support. In my opinion he wasn't as bad as many people made out, but you can be sure he always got the blame for any mistakes in our brittle defence. For me his best games were against Rangers/Celtic. Maybe he likes the big stage. He is certainly an entertainer.

I'm sure he could do a job for you, and I might even come and watch if you have a game within striking distance of Berkshire.

I always liked watching him play. Yes he did make mistakes, everyone does, but unfortunately as a defender his could be costly. A section of our crowd always got on his case, I believe, unfairly and this destroyed his confidence. He will be great for you. :(

Lionel is a bit of a folk hero up here. Half our fans just wanted him to folk off.

A very entertaining and unpredictable marauding left wing back, and strong tackler. A joy to watch on a good day when charging up the flank. But a very flawed defender. Error prone and a bit clumsy, with terrible defensive positioning sense. That last point is what holds him back from being an overall pretty good player.

In short, Lionel can cause chaos for defences at both ends of the pitch. I liked him though, for sheer entertainment value.

Edit - oh, and when he sticks to short, simple passes they are still likely to go out for a throw in.

Great post..... Summed him up perfectly with that....

:(

I dont think Lionel suited scottish football. He likes to get forward and support the midfield and strikers, like alot of full-backs do nowadays for bigger teams. It often back fired and left lots of space on the left side for the opposition to attack.

I dont think Lionel suited scottish football. He likes to get forward and support the midfield and strikers, like alot of full-backs do nowadays for bigger teams. It often back fired and left lots of space on the left side for the opposition to attack. because we play with a football

fixed it for you

I dont think Lionel suited scottish football. He likes to get forward and support the midfield and strikers, like alot of full-backs do nowadays for bigger teams. It often back fired and left lots of space on the left side for the opposition to attack. because we play with a football

fixed it for you

:rolleyes: brilliant

I can hear the buzz of the crowd down hereford way now. That buzz of the crowd wondering what he is going to do. Will it be cheers, will it be tears, well even Lionel doesnt know.

As someone mentioned, if he has a good touch in the first 5 then it can be a very good day - but you will have your heart in your mouth. He can have 20yards clear of anyone to pick a pass to a team mate, but he will wait for an attacker to close him down and then try to trick his way past. Entertaining but he only has a 50% chance of getting away with it. Saying that he could then goon a mazey run past 6 players and then freah air swipe trying yo cross the ball.

Dont think anyone would be suprised if he scored a 50 yard overhead scissors kick though, as he would be the most likely to do this.

I see Hereford beat Swansea 2-0 tonight. Looking forward to seeing what MeadowEnder says about Lionel and Stratford following this result.

Edited by ajsict92

I'll meet all the Lionel Bashers outside in the car park in 10 minutes....LDZ will be joining me!!!

Rossco's "Brother by another Mother", but unfortunately he never had the time nor the opportunity to win over the fans in the same way...and even after all this time and proving himself time and again, Rossco still has a sizeable nay-saying following.

When he sticks an overhead bicycle kick into the postage stamp corner from the half way line then you'll all be eating your words!!!