Kevin McCann on loan from Hibs

theJoker17

I can't remember seeing him play much, but it appears that he was kep out of the Hibs team by Thierry Gatheussie and then by David van Zanten. Plagued by injuries too. Hmmm. But there's little harm in a 6 month loan deal and if it works out well, who knows.

Had a wee look at the Hibs forum and they seem to be of the opinion that he's a good tackler and has good ability on the ball. The only weaknesses about him are that he doesn't have much pace and is a bit injury-prone but was regarded as a good prospect a few years ago. Can't say I know too much about the guy myself mind.

He was raved about on his debut I seem to remember, on a televised game. He was very good on the ball and confident going forward.

Good to have a bit of variety and competition for places.

Johnboy, which position do you think D Proctor will assume. then?

Good question, Scarlet. Under Brewster he had a holding role, moving back and forth as required, when things got tight at the back.

I would point my finger to the "hole" just behind the main thrust of the middle.

he came into the hibs team the same time as lewis stevenson but hasnt flourished due to bad luck with injuries. wasnt keptout the side by gatheussi and van zanten, just wasnt fit enough. think given a run of games he could prove to be a bit of a steal, albeit only on loan

McCann played whole game today v Forres. Did OK and better than some of our usual 1st team who seemed a bit out of sorts - no names mentioned.

It is supporters like you that drive me insane® - Name names for gawds sake - it is pre season and most are buiding themselves up. Pre season games are good preparation for the club as they are preparation for the season ahead, the chance to look at tialists and for the main men to hone their fitness - but most importantly they are "training" opportunities for the support - a chance to get yerself back in to the drinking and singing and drinking routine that is of significant importance. I am so professional in this respect that I intend to try and keep up the standards of Ayr at Fleetwood Town.

What! No goals in the 2nd half! Did Andy Barrowman make a guest appearance?

He was actually, he was standing next to Jonny Hayes in the crowd.

McCann played whole game today v Forres. Did OK and better than some of our usual 1st team who seemed a bit out of sorts - no names mentioned.

It is supporters like you that drive me insane? - Name names for gawds sake - it is pre season and most are buiding themselves up. Pre season games are good preparation for the club as they are preparation for the season ahead, the chance to look at tialists and for the main men to hone their fitness - but most importantly they are "training" opportunities for the support - a chance to get yerself back in to the drinking and singing and drinking routine that is of significant importance. I am so professional in this respect that I intend to try and keep up the standards of Ayr at Fleetwood Town.

So there is a one man pitch invasion planned for Fleetwood IHE ?? :D

Thought the boy played well yesterday, looked a bit like Richard Hastings back in the day. Good touch and vision, linked well with others that he must barely know as yet. Good signing.

Johndo - serves you right for all the times you have slagged me off! You rose to my bait - many thanks. Will give you a big hug at the next away game, just for old times! Lol xxxx