My Ducks

tm4tj

Back in 76 the local GP in Mallaig was Dr Donald Duck. He once filled me with morphine so he could draw fluid from an injured knee. I believe his son, also Donald, runs the practice now.

I had a work colleague in Edinburgh who also had the name Donald Duck. Many years ago he fell foul of the Edinburgh constabulary by (allegedly) jumping a red traffic light.

The police pulled him over for questioning, and when he told them his name, they cuffed him, and took him to the nearest police station for further questioning!

Back in 76 the local GP in Mallaig was Dr Donald Duck. He once filled me with morphine so he could draw fluid from an injured knee. I believe his son, also Donald, runs the practice now.

I had a work colleague in Edinburgh who also had the name Donald Duck. Many years ago he fell foul of the Edinburgh constabulary by (allegedly) jumping a red traffic light.

The police pulled him over for questioning, and when he told them his name, they cuffed him, and took him to the nearest police station for further questioning!

The Donald in Mallaig was my Aunt's cousin and of course was called Donald long before Disney's cartoon duck was ever on the scene. Being a doctor he got all the jokes about being a quack doctor but he never let any of that ruffle his feathers.

• 2 weeks later...

Update for all you daft Duckers.

The Ducks will be launched at high tide today. They are some size now and raring to go, all six of them and Mrs Duck. :missyou:

Here are some pics of the momentous day. They were released at high tide yesterday and the wee duckers stayed out all night. I have just seen all of them in the Beauly Firth and they seem ok.

lets go chaps

post-33-066691200 1280662658_thumb.jpg

Here are some pics of the momentous day. They were released at high tide yesterday and the wee duckers stayed out all night. I have just seen all of them in the Beauly Firth and they seem ok.

Aw, lovely. Great pics. I still think they retain the cute factor a030.gif

Weve had a pair of Mallards visit our garden for quite a few years now they arrive around Spring time and in the Autumn, they will use the garden pond and sit in the garden, quite bold really you can walk past them and they wont flinch they also take bread from the hand, never had babies though!! we know its the same pair the female is very destinctive in colour.

We had seven lodgers for the last two nights, Mrs Duck and all her siblings. They stayed out for two nights but returned to the safe haven. Maybe the foxes were sniffing around. They are a week or two short of flying so we will maybe watch them until ready for take off.

macca, Mrs Duck will be brown, the males are the ones with the green heads during mating season, Spring. I'm sure you are aware of this though, and then the males lose some of their colour in the off season.

here she is watching over the inmates

post-33-097068100 1280925569_thumb.jpg

tm4tj

yeah I was aware of the female being brown, ours is very pale though fawny infact which is pretty unusual, or at least I havent come across this often, I have dabbled abit with birds in the past (will I regret that comment?)

tm4tj

yeah I was aware of the female being brown, ours is very pale though fawny infact which is pretty unusual, or at least I havent come across this often, I have dabbled abit with birds in the past (will I regret that comment?)

Only if you fiddled when you dabbled mate...

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs Duck and her kiddies have been away now for about a week. When the kids start flying Mrs Duck lies low and starts moulting so they are on their own at the moment in the Beauly Firth.

Bless.

Mrs Duck and her kiddies have been away now for about a week. When the kids start flying Mrs Duck lies low and starts moulting so they are on their own at the moment in the Beauly Firth.

Bless.

Awww... fol.gif

Jeepers, talk of the devil.............

Who arrived this morning but Mrs Duck and the weans, all six of them. Back in the garden for some nosh and a wee rest. Good to see that they are all intact.

Who arrived this morning but Mrs Duck and the weans, all six of them. Back in the garden for some nosh and a wee rest. Good to see that they are all intact.

I wept tears of joy when I read this post - I am just so relieved to hear they are all ok.

What are the chances of getting the name of this website changed from Caleythistleonline to Mannysducksonline?

I wept tears of joy when I read this post - I am just so relieved to hear they are all ok.

What are the chances of getting the name of this website changed from Caleythistleonline to Mannysducksonline?

:tongue: You are just jealous that you dont have 6 cuddly birds chasing you Johnboy!

Edited by tm4tj
fixing yer smiley jock

Am a little concerned that Mrs Duck is going to spend the whole winter telling every mallard in the Beauly Firth that there is this place over by North Kessock where ducks get free board and lodging plus protection from every known duck predator. I suspect that next spring it will be like a Hitchcock film outside Manny Towers.

Well I'll be ducked.................they went away again for a couple of nights but were chompin at the bit this morning in my garden, looking for more food and a place to sleep.

• 2 weeks later...