new site

Do you have some form of manual, Scotty, so that we can find our way around.

e.g. Where are the "Go to New Posts" button, the "View all Posts" button, the "Delete all Forums Topics" button and so on?

Also how do you activate all the emoticoms--right now I can see myriads of red -crossed boxes but onlyone or two actual emoticoms.I can do without them but perhaps there is something wrong if they don't display to the right of this page.

Frankly I am quite flummoxed at this time by so many changes.

Has the news, squad, team info, etc. moved elsewhere or are we still in a state of flux at the moment? :blink:

I see we've got green and red buttons to build or demolish others posters reputations. Interesting times ahead. :lol:

Also the "back to top button" seems to have disappeared from the posts although there is still a link at the bottom of the page.

e.g. Where are the "Go to New Posts" button, the "View all Posts" button, the "Delete all Forums Topics" button and so on?

On the right of the screen, just under the forum banner, you can click on "View New Content" which seems to list topics that have been active since your last visit.

Its all very new, going to take a wee while to get used to it... same as the last time it was'updated'.

I'm sure the guys will see the wee faults and rectify glitches as they become aware of them.

Looks fine to me.... so far.

Do you have some form of manual, Scotty, so that we can find our way around.

e.g. Where are the "Go to New Posts" button, the "View all Posts" button, the "Delete all Forums Topics" button and so on? Also how do you activate all the emoticoms--right now I can see myriads of red -crossed boxes but onlyone or two actual emoticoms.I can do without them but perhaps there is something wrong if they don't display to the right of this page. Frankly I am quite flummoxed at this time by so many changes.

I started the upgrade around 6pm my time last night and quite frankly it took a lot longer than i expected. Rebuilding the posts took nearly 5 hours when I had figured it would take about 2 !!!! This means I have not yet had a chance to look at some of the niceties or to check out any areas that dont quite work ...... as time permits today, I will slowly work my way through it. There is a LOT of tweaking to be done and after that we will start answering any other questions or doing some tutorial type things !!!

Has the news, squad, team info, etc. moved elsewhere or are we still in a state of flux at the moment? :blink:I see we've got green and red buttons to build or demolish others posters reputations. Interesting times ahead. :lol: Also the "back to top button" seems to have disappeared from the posts although there is still a link at the bottom of the page.
Nope, that information is still at http://caleythistleonline.com, I just havent had time to add the new menu structure on the forum. it should be done today. Reputation is one of the tweaks we will be adding but its lower down the list ;)

What's with the new club badge? Is it a new official badge or a dedicated CTO badge?

Its a dedicated CTO badge. Designed by CaleyD.

When will the reputation buttons be enabled? I find myself in need of an outlet. :lol:

When I have time ;)

think it's excellent tbh. might not be as aestherically pleasing as the last one but definitely more user friendly. Fair play to the canadian and big D
not as aesthetically pleasing ? would be interested to know why ?

Kind of proud of the new logo. Its the first time we have bothered with a proper logo and I think CaleyD did very well in adding both the Eagle and the Thistle as well as making sure we had red/blue/black/white all in there !!!

post-2-006509900 1279633483_thumb.png

• Agree 2

FAO Scotty or Don....i was having a wee gander thro members part of the site earlier and it only gave me one page of users, then wen i clicked on page 2, it jamp back to main page. So...u might wanna investigate that?

As far as my critique of the new site...well...i struggle with change to be honest. I was a big user of the "New Posts" part of the site....in fact...it was about the only part of the site i clicked on.....and am worried that this new site might be harder to navigate for me...unless anyone can tell me if there is a simmilar function on here? I noticed there is a box with about 4-5 latest posts on the right of the screen, but it dont look as comprehensive as my beloved "New Posts" link :(

Also....when I made a post on the forum, it took me to the home page...not sure i like that! (Edited to say....this time, when i made a post it DIDNT take me to the home page, but showed my post...which is cool)

Edited by SMEE

There are 3 options for phone users now ......

1. Click the RSS button next to the view new content link at the top of the page and you will be able to get the updated link

2. Browse the site on your phone using the optimised Default.Mobile skin - most phones should detect it automagically :)

3. If using an iPhone, download the free IPB (Invision) iPhone app and add the site to your list. As a bonus, this will also work with Pie and Bovril (for those of you who use it as we both use the same forum software).

I was a big user of the "New Posts" part of the site....in fact...it was about the only part of the site i clicked on.....and am worried that this new site might be harder to navigate for me...unless anyone can tell me if there is a simmilar function on here?

On the right of the screen, just under the forum banner, you can click on "View New Content" which seems to list topics that have been active since your last visit.

There you go :)

There you go :)

I used that function as well and was a bit bemused to not see it in this version. Then I tried View New Content which not only opens what is essentially the same content as before but when you click on a topic it snaps straight to the latest post since you last viewed the topic. And that Scotty and Don was about the only criticism I had of the previous version.

A grand job. Thanks.