new site

Firstly--I like the brilliant colours. But , just in case they become too bright for the eyes where is/are the templat(s) change button(s) exactly?

The box at the bottom left corner of any page. Change from "CTO" to "Default"

By doing so, there's a very good chance you will delay the onset of cataract problems.

Scotty

On the Player Sponsorship thread the 'Buy Now' link seems to have disappeared!

Can you reinstate please.

Many thanks

Guzz

Otherwise I'm finding my way around gradually.

Keep up the good work.

will investigate ---- we had made a couple of modifications to the old code to accomodate the paypal links for player sponsorship on your thread and also for Trust membership on Maimie's signature. Going to have to see if we can manually add these back in somewhere.

Just out of interest, who's winning the Dot Race? I'm currently on +3!

Edit - Not any more though! Two people dislike this post!

Beware of complacency on this forum, Renegade!

I deleted the post as I thought that would up my reputation level. I was wrong! _doh.gif

I deleted the post as I thought that would up my reputation level. I was wrong! _doh.gif

Just make sensible rational posts and people will vote it up. I will happily give a plus point to any post that is well structured and well argued even if I dont happen to agree with what is said. On the flip side, I will definitely vote down posts I see that are nonsense (unless in the general nonsense forum).

Scotty

I still do not understand about the fonts. You mention Word but in what connection. I can change the font in word by clicking on format etc. etc but how do we change the font in the thread. :_shocked2:

If one cannot change it at all what is the word font on the site for exactly?

I've always thought that, in the true spirit of a renegade, you couldn't care less what other people think of your whacky ideas!

Scotty

I still do not understand about the fonts. You mention Word but in what connection. I can change the font in word by clicking on format etc. etc but how do we change the font in the thread. :_shocked2:

If one cannot change it at all what is the word font on the site for exactly?

Its part of the post editor box. It is not an option to change fonts throughout the board. Just like when editing a document with word, you can highlight part of the post you are making and change its font if you want. it is not for setting a font for the board as a whole, just for editing or changing the font of the post you are making.

I'm sure there is a simple answer to this question and I am sure some kind person here can help.

When I have posted something on a topic and then want to edit it as I see others have, how do I go about it? There appears to be no edit button or am I completely wrong in what I am looking for?

Many thanks:_beatme:

OOPs an edit button has appeared this time :023:

Edited by jagster

Tried hanging the colour Johnboy. No evidencey et at my last eyesight check-up of any cataracts but in defereb\nce to your concern I will wera my uva and Uvb glasses next time to view .

Itt will probably turn the colours into rainbows so ... :_wave:

Tried hanging the colour Johnboy. No evidencey et at my last eyesight check-up of any cataracts but in defereb\nce to your concern I will wera my uva and Uvb glasses next time to view .

Itt will probably turn the colours into rainbows so ... :_wave:

Oh dear.... Looks like the damage is already done, Scarlet

:_shocked2:

An observation: From 'Forum' if you click on Newsroom it launches the Home page in a new window.

Take it this is just a result of ongoing migration.

The improved Forum features/design are great btw.

Just a slight aside to say that as I have been largely AWOL from the forums for the last couple of weeks it is Scotty who has put in the work in getting us migrated over to the latest forum version.

Now that I have cleared my feet of other things I will now be back on board in helping get stuff sorted out and I'll probably end up dealing with the visuals whilst Scotty concentrates on the functional stuff.

An observation: From 'Forum' if you click on Newsroom it launches the Home page in a new window.

Take it this is just a result of ongoing migration. The improved Forum features/design are great btw.

Yes, it is a result of the migration process. There are still a few things to do but we will get there, and now with CaleyD back from his hiatus we should get there quicker.

there is no inbuilt spell checker in the software as most browsers are now capable of doing that by default. ieSpell is an add on you may want to add to IE if using that one, for Firefox checking spelling as you type is one of the options you can set in your browser preferences.

I've always thought that, in the true spirit of a renegade, you couldn't care less what other people think of your whacky ideas!

I don't! I just wanted to see of it worked.

it is designed so users can "vote up" good posts and "vote down" nonsense. A positive number tends to indicate many people agree with the comment made, a negative one means people dont !!!

However, It is open to abuse where people will try to vote themselves up or vote posts down for people they dont like so if we think thats whats happening we will just get rid of it .....

Doesn't it just add to the clutter Scotty, rather than adding to the knowledge base. I don't personally care what other posters think of a post because if I like it I like it for solid reasons (for me that is) and unless you are keeping tally so that at a future date a mod can belt the baddy with a tawsewhat is the overall point.? :_sleep:

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

it is designed so users can "vote up" good posts and "vote down" nonsense. A positive number tends to indicate many people agree with the comment made, a negative one means people dont !!!

However, It is open to abuse where people will try to vote themselves up or vote posts down for people they dont like so if we think thats whats happening we will just get rid of it .....

I can't see the the new 'reputation' buttons achieving those design aims. I don't think it will reduce the rubbish very much. But it could put off genuine posters from contributing. For example I noticed the other day that a poster got a couple of negatives merely for saying he didn't like the new home strip. Perfectly reasonable imo for someone to have a different opinion to the masses. But, if that poster was a 'shrinking violet' it could well put him off contributing in the future if he thought he'd get a bunch of 'negatives' if he disagreed with someone elses opinion.

• 2 weeks later...