This redesigned site is magic

Now that I have got used to the new format here are my feelings in a nutshell.

1. The former site was comfortable and made me feel at home, warm and fuzzy.

BUT the new one is more sophisticated,brighter, cripser lines, beautifully streamlined and easy to navigate. And it looks very modern and up to date and in keeping with not only the times but also with the new surging progress of a re-vitalised team.

I am sure that,for a new visitor, it must look extremely impressive. New posters will be attracted to become a member and it definitely can do nothing but enhance the credibility and attractiveness of ICT because it sets the bars at higher levels.It's professional apearance is outstanding.

The emoticoms are classic, funny and colourful.And large enough for even a Pimple to see clearly. Smile.

It is clear to me at least that there has been a great deal of thought and work put into the design and to eliminate some of the former draggy points and speed up navigation throughout.

In particular, I love the ease with which we now are transported immediately to the very spot where you want to be on the Forums by clicking on "View New Content".

One thought for the owners, however. Would it be possible to prominently display the start "new topic" button on the main Forum before you get into the individual threads? I could not remember where it was and kinda stumbled on it more by luck than good judgement. It seems logical to me to have it right up front where all can see it as they come in the door , so to speak. Just a thought.

Summary ; Beautiful site and thanks for everything Scotty and Don. Have the club management praised your efforts and expressed their appreciation--hope so.

:021: Scarlet

• Agree 1

Am getting used to the new site...but one suggestion i would like to make, which seems to be absent from the site this time, is a link beneath the last posts on each topic to take you to the top of the page. On this laptop in particualr,due to a badly designed touchpad, its a pain in the ass trying to scroll back up to the top.

I also liked the link directly below the last post. I used the link on the old forum to jump direct to the forum home page.

These links are at the very bottom of the page on the left hand side now, not quite so handy, but they are there........unless scotty adds them later when the site stabilises.

I also liked the link directly below the last post. I used the link on the old forum to jump direct to the forum home page.

These links are at the very bottom of the page on the left hand side now, not quite so handy, but they are there........unless scotty adds them later when the site stabilises.

Oh...i never knew....might i suggest then that the link may be placed directly after the last post? Pwetty Pwease?

Are the new look smilies aimed at attracting a wider audience?

The under 5's perhaps?

:scarygrin:

I agree, they are awful.

:_blah:

I mean, WTF?

Do you think they might have sexual connotations?

I think we should be told.

:_panting:

For those using mobiles. Try going to the site on a mobile. Nice new mobile skin available. For those using iPhone there is a free app from invision on iTunes (using it to post now). Also for those on mobile you should also be able to view an optimised version of the main site at http://caleythistleonline.com

Progress ;)

Johnboy-- "under 5's" what do you want- arthritic , old folks with Alzheimer's and a walking stick and , in the main, needing Extense? :_shady:

You are so hard to please. You didn't even believe me when I told you that she talks to us here in the family.I mean, what else can a black cat do get a new broom for her birthday...eh?

She is 3 feet long and 1 foot in height. All animals and birds in Canada are two to three times larger thanthere brothers and sisters in Britain.It's all about being different and the large body is accompoanied by a larger brain --hence the advanced speech patterns.

Need I say more...? :_nonono:

For those using mobiles. Try going to the site on a mobile. Nice new mobile skin available. For those using iPhone there is a free app from invision on iTunes (using it to post now). Also for those on mobile you should also be able to view an optimised version of the main site at http://caleythistleonline.com

Progress ;)

have to say ive found it easier and quicker to use the mobile version of the forum through safari rather than through the IPB App, maybe its just me though

Progress ;)

have to say ive found it easier and quicker to use the mobile version of the forum through safari rather than through the IPB App, maybe its just me though

both are fairly similar but as we have no idea of the overhead that goes into the app, i would guess that using the raw mobile skin straight from the site would definitely be quicker.

iphone app settings ....

Title - doesnt matter , whatever you want to call the site.

URL - must be

http://community.caleythistleonline.com

user = your login name (can be different to yur displayed name - depaends what you setup)

password = your password

and thats all there is to it. if it doesnt work you entered something wrong.