Football Manager 2010 question

SMEE

I was gonna get me Football Manager 2010. It says it is Vista/XP compatible. Is anyone getting this working with Windows 7.....as that is the OS i use.

Also...while am at it....when does FM normally get released? Am i right in saying its not normally not until Nov time?

I run it on Windows 7 no problems at all.

Normally a demo is out in September / October time and the actual game about 4 - 6 weeks after that.

Edited by RiG

Akshully....another wee question...i noticed there was a 2010-11 update available for ?2.5o on ebay.....does that mean that, if installed, players and leagues are updated to the forthcoming season, rather than as things were for 2009-10 season?

I wouldn't pay for any update. The new FM will cost significantly more than that when it comes out and any updates currently available can be found for free. To be honest I would just get settled in to FM2010 download the version 10.3 patch to get the most up to date transfers for the 09/10 season and see how you get on.

I have gone ICT and its pretty chronic to be honest. Cant score for toffee and the defence LEAKS goals like nobodys business. I have tried different formations etc and nothing changes. Right back seems to be a problem position (judging by replays of goals!). No transfer budget either!!

Anyone got any tips at all? Failing that.....am dumping ICT for a better team.

I have resigned from the ICT job. Quite simply put....they are CRAP......they leak goals and cant score no matter what i try. Ive tried 5 at the back, sweepers, sitting deep etc...and leak goals like nobodys business. Ryan Esson regularly gets beeten by 25 yarders...sometimes several times in same game. Tried 3, 4 and even 5 up front, with pumping the ball into the box, cant score tho. So...sod ICT....am off to take a big team!

Was running a game as Man City at the same time......and have NONE of the above issues....so it must be confined to ICT

Had none of these issues SMEE, was watertight at the back and scored for fun at the other end. Played the 4-2-3-1 formation and it worked a treat. Won the league by a point in my first season then 8th in the first season in the SPL, currently 5th in my third season and battling for a top six place.

For my first season the players i signed couldn't get near the team and the usually line up was

Esson

Proctor Tokely Munro Shinnie

Cox Duncan/Stratford

Hayes Sanchez Foran

Rooney