Team versus Antwerp

ESSON

McCANN TOKELY MUNRO GILLET

PROCTOR DUNCAN COX BLOOMINGSTEIN

ERIC ROONEY

I reckon Terry will bw looking to a more defensively minded team whcih would be more likely to start the Cellic game. I think that Ross has done really well in pre season but I can see the sense in putting Proctor in to a more holding role. I still dont think that Gil is a winger but it looks like Terry is trying to persevere. Still swop Hayes and foran for Gil and Eric and that team has a solid look about it.

[warning]Topic title changed to remove the derogatory description. IHE this is becoming tiresome and I dont do "tiresome" any more !!! - Scotty.[/warning]

Esson

McCann Tokely Munro Gillet

Cox Duncan McBain

Bulmenshtein

Rooney Odhiambo

Believe it or not I can see some sense in that but I cant see TB playing McBain. That is exactly where I would like to see Gil as he has the engine and workrate to survive in that role - but who else can play that holding left hand side role ?

---------------------------Esson----------------------

McCann-------Tokely--------Munro--------Gillet

--------------------Cox----------Duncan--------------

Blumanshtein------Odhiambo-----Sutherland

-------------------------Rooney-------------------------

I'll be gutted if he persists with playing Gil on the left. He really isn't a left winger/midfielder and has been very poor when playing there in pre-season for us. Maybe try him in his prefered role in the middle? See how he gets on.

Esson

McCann Tokely Proctor Gillet

Duncan Cox

Ross Odi Shinnie

Rooney

Odi deserves to stay in. From what I gather, Gil isn't performing at left-wing but Shinnie has been decent there. Tokely off at half-time for Golly as he's the lynchpin without Munro or Innes. Can't have him injured. Likewise, give Rooney an early rest too for Sutherland.

Esson

Cox Duncan McBain

Bulmenshtein

Rooney Odhiambo

Interesting. Similar to the system that Argentina played in the World Cup. It can only work for us if we have a genuine playmaker to link between the defensive midfielders and the strikers. I haven't seen Blumenshtein so i don't know if he's that type of player. Eric certainly isn't. If he plays behind Rooney this season then it will be to chase long balls and flick-ons.

Has anything happened in pre-season to suggest that we won't be playing 4-2-3-1 again? It's the sensible choice and the fact that Butcher hasn't bought a striker is telling. I think our 4-2-3-1 will look a lot like 4-6-0 in the SPL. There will be a lot of long balls and lot of moaning on here.

Anyway, nice shape, Renegade - keep them coming.

Esson

Cox Duncan McBain

Bulmenshtein

Rooney Odhiambo

Interesting. Similar to the system that Argentina played in the World Cup. It can only work for us if we have a genuine playmaker to link between the defensive midfielders and the strikers. I haven't seen Blumenshtein so i don't know if he's that type of player.

I think you might be in for a wee bit of a disappointment when you do get to see him....

Esson

McCann, Tokely, Munro, Gillet

Duncan, Cox

Sanchez, Blumanshtein, Odhiambo

Rooney

Subs: Tuffey, Golabek, Ross, McBain, Sutherland

Wouldnt mind seeing Foran and Hayes for a bit if possible.

Hi Highlanders (How I love that part of Schotland :021: )

I'm one of the hundreds, not to come over to Iverness this year (**** the job!)

We've got a generally young team to play against (numeral 22 years old!)

Especially have an eye at number 2 (central defender and black one), he's not technical very good, but he's very good in heading duels. His name is Thomas Phibel. Watch him!

Our first supps did arrived normaly yesterday, so don't get nervous about them ( they could be a little bit noisy :107: !

I hope our team,R.A.F.C., and supps, gets a good result at your ground and it'll be a very fairy and a very good lead up to the next season :022: !

Cheers mates!!!:_thumbup:

Edited by tm4tj
fixing smileys
  • Agree 1

Esson

Cox Duncan McBain

Bulmenshtein

Rooney Odhiambo

Interesting. Similar to the system that Argentina played in the World Cup. It can only work for us if we have a genuine playmaker to link between the defensive midfielders and the strikers. I haven't seen Blumenshtein so i don't know if he's that type of player. Eric certainly isn't. If he plays behind Rooney this season then it will be to chase long balls and flick-ons.

Has anything happened in pre-season to suggest that we won't be playing 4-2-3-1 again? It's the sensible choice and the fact that Butcher hasn't bought a striker is telling. I think our 4-2-3-1 will look a lot like 4-6-0 in the SPL. There will be a lot of long balls and lot of moaning on here.

Anyway, nice shape, Renegade - keep them coming.

Yes Renegade is learning !! TBH Cox has become much more of a playmaker this season and in the games that I have watched it has been very encouraging that both Cox and Duncan have been using the short, easy pass in the middle of the park but Cox especially looking to ping out balls wide - which is the ploy that we need when Foran and Hayes return. The only problem with Renegade's team is Royster. Again I can see a certain degree of reasoning for todays games but not fer the future.

The only person that I have misgivings about is Mccann as I feel that Proctor and even Rosscoe are better choices. That may be a bit harsh as I have only seen him as he was fitting in but he looks one paced to my seasoned eye !!

As a few posters have noted - and I wholly agree - Gil is not a winger or a wide player - when he played off Sutherland he looked a real threat. But I can see the TB logic in trying him wide left as he is not the lazy Johnny Foreigner type - Gil is only too willing to track back and to tackle and to look for the easy ball. We really dont have anybody like that. But Gil gets the ball and almost immediately - and probably naturally - attempts to come inside on his right foot.

There is no way that Eric can play that role and he does appear to be the favoured TB choice at the mo. But I also agree with you that Eric is not the real deal and he is too reliant on the hoof and pace whereas Gil has the positional sense, movement and touch. I would love to see how he would fare if he was paired with rooney and with Hayes and Foran on the flanks.

As for the apparent Moderator exasperations - I would have felt that it was the usual annoying wind up - (obviously worked!!) - but the game is today and then it will be all over - Censure yesterday was a bit like looking forward to having sprouts with your Xmas dinner - only to be informed on Xmas Eve that you are having brocolli instead. :_header:

• Agree 2

Esson

Cox Duncan McBain

Bulmenshtein

Rooney Odhiambo

Interesting. Similar to the system that Argentina played in the World Cup. It can only work for us if we have a genuine playmaker to link between the defensive midfielders and the strikers. I haven't seen Blumenshtein so i don't know if he's that type of player.

I think you might be in for a wee bit of a disappointment when you do get to see him....

I seem to recall those words being used by people in the past. Give the lad a chance. He's got a lot to learn and, like others before him, will come good.

Wouldnt mind seeing Foran and Hayes for a bit if possible.

From the official site:

But Irish duo Richie Foran and Johnny Hayes will again sit it out, though their prospects are good of facing Celtic on August 14.

Automatically generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator for the reason stated below.

Reason: Matchday thread now opened, which includes actual team line up.

If you disagree with this action, please report this post stating the reasons you believe it should be re-opened and the moderation team will discuss it and make a final decision.