Royal Antwerp Matchday thread

jagster

Come on - lets face it - they have more of a support than us in numbers and more "lads" and less sweetie rustlers - but if that had been an ordinary match day there would have been feck all of them left standing cos the stewards would have chucked them.

Our home support has been lamented from day one but 150-200 of us, given leash would have least have equalled that - away from home last season the majority of places that we went commented that we were the best away support of the season - at least.

LETS FECKIN ENJOY OUR AWAY DAYS THIS YEAR AND THE MORE OF US THAT GO IN TO SING SING MODE THE BETTER - That will never happen in TCS or the North Stand unfortunately.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

LETS FECKIN ENJOY OUR AWAY DAYS THIS YEAR AND THE MORE OF US THAT GO IN TO SING SING MODE THE BETTER - That will never happen in TCS or the North Stand unfortunately.

So why don't you "away" guys make an effort and come to a home game?

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Old story - cos there is usually a fair spreading of alcohol - we can all congregate together - and most of us are up fer the feckin craic. As far as I am concerned home games are a big expense and usually a BIG let down at the games.

• Agree 1

IHE's right on this one. I thought the RAFC support was magnificent, but then John Paul pointed out to me that our support was the same in Fleetwood (minus letting off red flares!) It's always going to be the same; committed individuals hell bent on having a good day out (not just a footie match) will always make more noise. Let's hope we can do it all overthe SPL this year. Fancy some blue and red flares though...)

Thanks guys, for the great away. On thursday we left with oure minivan nicely decorated to inverness. The last long road is indead like hell, like you told !!

We stayed on the bunchcre car & camp park an it's a nice camping.

We enjoyed your guys hospitallity and patient with us :)

Yesterday we finally arrived, but the bus supporters just arriverid this morning, they had some problems with the bus.

Hope you guys enjoyed it as mutch as we did and have a nice feeling off the antwerp lads.

Movies will follow shortly

1st post on here. Southampton fan living uphere. Went to the game yesterday and decided to go in the away end only because i was following a handful of antwerp fans going in. Very surprised to find the number of fans that they had. The Antwerp fans were brilliant. What made it even more impressive was that the bulk of their singing was in english. A top afternoon had and if it had not been for them the game would have passed by simply as a drab pre season friendly.

Very nice ! :_thumbup:

Largely for the same reasons that we don't see any more than about 5% the 3,000 regular home supporters at most away games - financial cost, work commitments, family commitments, the sheer amount of time that has to be expended on travel. Very few people can give up every weekend to football. You must realise that the main reason there are 'away' supporters who don't attend many home games is that the away matches are much more accessible for most of these supporters, who tend to live in the central belt or (in IHE's case) in England. The sneering tone of your comment 'make an effort' is not justified.

• Agree 3

Bit harsh there tbh. If you try to get a song or chant going you get sneered at or told to shut up (usually in far less polite terms) by the 'fans' around us. It's refreshing going to the away games as they're far more fun and there's not the same moaning.

hey

i loved the game on saterday i had a lot off fun there

pitty it was very far .

good luck guys with your season

grtz jacko rafc fan

video off a derby in july you never walk alone

if we made a fraction of the level of noise on the video at home i would be extremely happy

It might be a bit late, but ah who cares?! Thought for a friendly it was quite a good game, with Esson, Tokely and Foran all impressing. I also think that Gillet looks a good signing and Blumenshtein has some nice touches but I don't think he's a winger. And Odhiambo has to get a mention as well, what an improvement! Miles better than last season and I think he's looking faster too! Antwerp I thought were a good team and had a bit more bite about them going forward than Vallodolid. Something else I noticed was the size of the Belgian players, the geezer up front was massive, as was that number 2 playing centre back. Overall quite a good performance for a friendly with some players showing good signs of potential.

Or you could sing your heart out at home and away games and like TSNY says,stop expecting to be entertained by other fans, just a thought.

Hi guys - Left an FCUK sweatshirt on the back of my seat after the game - North Stand Section H Row N - Went back to the ground 20 mins after the game and it was gone - have been to reception and nothing has been handed in. It's Black with white FCUK writing on the front and wasn't available in the shops - was a special online order at the time and not many about - I wondered if any of you section G guys had seen anyone lifting it as I a few of you tend to walk behind our seats then down after the games - Maybe one of the regulars who sit beside us lifted it and will take it back this Sat{who knows!] . It has a distinctive mark on it so I will recognise it if I see anyone wearing it at the ground. If anyone has any info let us know. Cheers Dudes :_talktalktalk: