Royal Antwerp Matchday thread

jagster

Great support Antwerpfans !! About 200 fans went to ICT ...

your fans were great, sung their hearts out and looked like they really enjoyed themselves. Made more noise than ive heard from an away support in a long time. Puts a lot of travelling SPL teams supporters to shame

thanks ! You see: We didn't lie :_thumbup:

indeed! was suprised to see so many fans and to hear so much noise from them.

Our choir were ................... erm................. at home practising for next week :023:

conga was brilliant :025:

Edited by Libero

Great support Antwerpfans !! About 200 fans went to ICT ...

your fans were great, sung their hearts out and looked like they really enjoyed themselves. Made more noise than ive heard from an away support in a long time. Puts a lot of travelling SPL teams supporters to shame

thanks ! You see: We didn't lie :_thumbup:

Yeah.... Thanks for creating an atmosphere - it actually sounded more like 5000 fans than 150. You could see what it meant to your players as well.

lessons to be learned here, methinks.

What were the antwerp fans singing over and over and over again?

i thought it was like themper thay themper tha

I know its probably nuthin like that but i want to know for some reason

Is this what you mean ?

We sing: "The Antwerp is unbelievable ".

:ictscarf::ictscarf::ictscarf: thumbs up to Gillet (think he could be a great spl player) Ross, Odi and (great to see)Foran. Also what a great travelling support.

thumbs down to the dour home crowd and yet again the crap service at the catering.

Much more enjoyable game than tuesday but still pretty standard preseason fare. Not long to go now till the real thing starts thank goodness

What were the antwerp fans singing over and over and over again?

i thought it was like themper thay themper tha

I know its probably nuthin like that but i want to know for some reason

Is this what you mean ?

We sing: "The Antwerp is unbelievable ".

yeh thats what i mean

i knew it was nothing like i thought

:ictscarf::ictscarf::ictscarf: thumbs up to Gillet (think he could be a great spl player) Ross, Odi and (great to see)Foran. Also what a great travelling support.

thumbs down to the dour home crowd and yet again the crap service at the catering.

Much more enjoyable game than tuesday but still pretty standard preseason fare. Not long to go now till the real thing starts thank goodness

The crowd was worse than usual due to bella and some fair thing that i cant remember the name of

As mentioned numerous times, the Antwerp fans were brilliant. Great moment to see the four kilted fans complete with Scottish wigs parade along the front of the main stand, and on passing the away dugout,(Antwerp), gesticulated to the coach in a manner which we all regognised, the familiar welcome to Scotland from ra boys an'at.

Decent game, better than the style clash on Tuesday and a draw just about right. We probably just shaded it although the goal apiece was fair do's. Slack marking at the far post allowed a free header and questions will be asked. Where were Gillet and/or Proc. Goal was well taken though by Kevin Oris. The man of the match for me was either Eric or Foran. They did more in the few minutes that they were on the pitch than Ross, Bloomy and Sanchez have done in two games.

Our equaliser can be described in three touches since Richie Foran enters the arena almost under cover.

1st Touch..........Foran skins the defender.

2nd Touch..........Foran gets scythed down.

3rd Touch..........Foran sends keeper the wrong way, perfect introduction to the game.

Esson had one tremondous reflex save from a Proctor sliced block! Eric has looked electric in the last two games and must be a shoe in for the SPL opener. Rossco was once again superb. McCann and Gillet accomplished. Proctor living the dream. Rocky Cox and Rocky Duncan are as tough as they get in the engine room. Rooney once again ploughed his lone furrow to no avail, but once again the wide boys disappointed. Sanchez, Bloomy and Ross did not set the heather on fire although Ross did put in an industrious shift. What a difference when Eric and Foran came on, and young Shane Sutherland, he brought out an acrobatic save from the Belgian's keeper Kevin Wauthy. Foran threaded through a number of inch perfect passes for Eric to run onto and with a bit more luck might have produced a goal.

Some long balls and some neat play, some of the long balls being almost Mannesque by definition, popped over the top for the strikers to run onto, others were threaded through the eye of a bent needle by the brilliance of Richie Foran.

So, talking points of the day were the FANtastic and vocal Antwerp support who put our pretend support to shame and Richie Foran, one of the main reasons we were promoted.

Edited by tm4tj
  • Agree 1

As mentioned numerous times, the Antwerp fans were brilliant. Great moment to see the four kilted fans complete with Scottish wigs parade along the front of the main stand, and on passing the away dugout,(Antwerp), gesticulated to the coach in a manner which we all regognised, the familiar welcome to Scotland from ra boys an'at.

Decent game, better than the style clash on Tuesday and a draw just about right. We probably just shaded it although the goal apiece was fair do's. Slack marking at the far post allowed a free header and questions will be asked. Where were Gillet and/or Proc. Goal was well taken though by Kenny? The man of the match for me was either Eric or Foran. They did more in the few minutes that they were on the pitch than Ross, Bloomy and Sanchez have done in two games.

Our equaliser can be described in three touches since Richie Foran enters the arena almost under cover.

1st Touch..........Foran skins the defender.

2nd Touch..........Foran gets scythed down.

3rd Touch..........Foran sends keeper the wrong way, perfect introduction to the game.

Esson had one tremondous reflex save from a Proctor sliced block! Eric has looked electric in the last two games and must be a shoe in for the SPL opener. Rossco was once again superb. McCann and Gillet accomplished. Proctor living the dream. Rocky Cox and Rocky Duncan are as tough as they get in the engine room. Rooney once again ploughed his lone furrow to no avail, but once again the wide boys disappointed. Sanchez, Bloomy and Ross did not set the heather on fire although Ross did put in an industrious shift. What a difference when Eric and Foran came on, and young Shane Sutherland, he brought out an acrobatic save from the Belgian's keeper. Foran threaded through a number of inch perfect passes for Eric to run onto and with a bit more luck might have produced a goal.

Some long balls and some neat play, some of the long balls being almost Mannesque by definition, popped over the top for the strikers to run onto, others were threaded through the eye of a bent needle by the brilliance of Richie Foran.

So, talking points of the day were the FANtastic and vocal Antwerp support who put our pretend support to shame and Richie Foran, one of the main reasons we were promoted.

Agreed their fans were superb, our goal was well executed as you describe however the initial pass from Russell Duncan through to Ritchie was worthy of a goal. As for Eric, he has been immense in his substitute outings these last two saturdays and in my opinion could be a real surprise package for us in the SPL this year. Bring it on, I'm really looking forward to the new season and think there is nothing to fear in the Premier division.

• Agree 1

I couldnt hear a thing from where I was sitting - and what is new about a conga or kilted men getting thrown out of the North Stand, gesticulating to the bench. :rotflmao:

Thought from the vids that the sprouts would liven things up - wished I could have been an Antwerpee - what about a return match ?

The Antwerp fans were cracking, what a noise! Good for them. Passed a few carfuls of them camping by Loch Ness side on the way home too, hope it's not too midgie for them tonight!

post-17-018347000 1281213789_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mee

The Antwerp fans were class. They hit the nail squarely on the head when they sang, in perfect English, "Your support is f***ing sh*t". Friendly or not the crowd and level of encouragement was utterly abysmal. Full marks to the club for arranging two decent friendlies this week but the apathy today saddens me - excellent weather, European opposition and a tenner in - what more do folk want?

I would love a return game in Antwerp next summer but I doubt they'd be particularly receptive given the pitiful support we mustered today.

The game itself was ok with Nick Ross and Kenny Gillet the stand outs for me. Gillet could be turn out to be another very good signing.

I'll post my match report some time soon, but I'm gonna have to quickly say that ICT really need to do something about that PA system. It's beyond a joke. I couldn't make out a word that was said, and it was made worse by some horrible static clicking noises. I'm sure that was a top of the range model in 1954, but come on, we need something better than that!

The Antwerp fans were class. They hit the nail squarely on the head when they sang, in perfect English, "Your support is f***ing sh*t". Friendly or not the crowd and level of encouragement was utterly abysmal. Full marks to the club for arranging two decent friendlies this week but the apathy today saddens me - excellent weather, European opposition and a tenner in - what more do folk want?

I would love a return game in Antwerp next summer but I doubt they'd be particularly receptive given the pitiful support we mustered today.

The game itself was ok with Nick Ross and Kenny Gillet the stand outs for me. Gillet could be turn out to be another very good signing.

It was a friendly. Does anyone actually expect a full stadium or any form of atmosphere in a friendly?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I'll post my match report some time soon, but I'm gonna have to quickly say that ICT really need to do something about that PA system. It's beyond a joke. I couldn't make out a word that was said, and it was made worse by some horrible static clicking noises. I'm sure that was a top of the range model in 1954, but come on, we need something better than that!

I think part of the problem is that the equipment is being operated by a person or persons who obviously haven't a clue about PA.

From my corner in the main stand is sounded like the volume was set at a level the speakers just couldn't cope with.

The end product was a distorted mess - it was very hard to make out a single word that was being said.

Sounds like a decent enough result against a big, strong side. We seem to miss the creativity of Hayes and Foran and it seems doubtful that they will be match fit enough to play 90 mins against Celtic. Hope they at least might be fit enough to make an impact as subs (like Foran did today). Otherwise it might be a 'hard day at the office'next Saturday

What utter nonsense!!

I take it you've never seen Foran and Hayes playing before?

These guys are very talented players. They are the types of player who will win matches for their team irrespective of their "match fitness".

If TB leaves these two out for the Celtic game, citing lack of match fitness as a reason, then he's a bl0ody idiot.

Foran took precisely 60 seconds today to blast the lack of match fitness theory right out the window. Jonny Hayes is also more than capable of doing the exact same thing.

Despite your rudeness, Johnboy, I actually hope you are right and that Foran and Hayes can be match winners against Celtic. As it happens I saw them play live at least 5 or 6 times last season so I know they are talented players. Having said that I will still be surprised if they both do 90 minutes againast Celtic. Time will tell.

Despite your rudeness, Johnboy, I actually hope you are right and that Foran and Hayes can be match winners against Celtic. As it happens I saw them play live at least 5 or 6 times last season so I know they are talented players. Having said that I will still be surprised if they both do 90 minutes againast Celtic. Time will tell.

Apologies if that came acrosss as rudeness, CMIB.... I was just trying to make the point that these guys are a special case.... They will obviously be lacking as far as matches played so far this season are concerned, but if they are both physically fit then they should be on from the start. The transformation in our performance today when Blumenshtein came off, and Foran came on was remarkable!

In years gone by would you have left players like Denis Law, George Best or Jim Baxter out of your side if it was felt they might be lacking match fitness?

... threaded through the eye of a bent needle by the brilliance of Richie Foran.

You truly are the Match Report King tm4tj. Enjoyed your summary immensely, and especially concur with the above points.

The Antwerp support was outstanding. Encountered a big bunch of them marching down the Longman Road around 2pm, singing loudly, throwing flares (?!) Quite a spectacle. Inside the ground they were no less impressive. Take a bow, lads JC_highfive.gif

Richie Foran, as ever, JC_you_rock.gif

1st post on here. Southampton fan living uphere. Went to the game yesterday and decided to go in the away end only because i was following a handful of antwerp fans going in. Very surprised to find the number of fans that they had. The Antwerp fans were brilliant. What made it even more impressive was that the bulk of their singing was in english. A top afternoon had and if it had not been for them the game would have passed by simply as a drab pre season friendly.

1st post on here. Southampton fan living uphere. Went to the game yesterday and decided to go in the away end only because i was following a handful of antwerp fans going in. Very surprised to find the number of fans that they had. The Antwerp fans were brilliant. What made it even more impressive was that the bulk of their singing was in english. A top afternoon had and if it had not been for them the game would have passed by simply as a drab pre season friendly.

Thanks lad and thanks to all the Inverness fans who gave us a warm welcome.

It's a pity Inverness is so far away otherwise a lot more fans would have made the trip.

Watch our friendly in Bristol...

Wish you all a great season!

• Agree 1

fair enough there were a good turn out from them but can people remember that it is still the summer holidays and as has also been pointed out a music festival and the feild sports fair at moy were both on as well which are renowed events and undoubtedly had a effect on crowd size, more over than that some people are just physically and financially unable to make it to every game it doesnt nessecarily mean we support the club any less