• Soccerbase.com
    • Eurosport.com/Yahoo Sports
    • ITV.com
    • football365.com
    • Soccernet.ESPN
    • NewsNow.com
    • football.co.uk
    • Other (please post)

Having tried to find my one national football website for ICT during the upcoming season, i've been going on to a few. Some of the journalism is excellent, i won't mention any names, but it's staggeringly good. Some on the other hand, appear to be biased, and shockingly, infuriatingly lazy. So, which big third-party football website have you come across that is lacking in the ICT department? And we, or I, can send an e-mail to remind them of their duties...

(Caleythistleonline.com/ICTFC/P&J/Inverness Courier/PieandBovril/etc are regarded as different as they have a specific regional tie-in)

Edited by Kirishima
  • Disagree 1

I would NOT have newsnow on the list for worst sites. We are a NewsNow.co.uk affiliate and all our news stories are syndicated there ... as are stories from the P&J, Scotsman, Times, Daily Record and various other media sources.

Only grumble I have with them is that sometimes the keyword filter attaches Partick Thistle stories to the Caley Thistle feed and that after a redesign or change to the feed url it takes a long time to have your new feed listed (been waiting a couple of weeks now for our new front page feed url to be picked up).

Its a slightly different type of site but to be honest, I would class soccerbase as one of the worst for ICT. It purports to be a stats site and most of the stats are pretty accurate but I always have to double check with Ian Broadfoot's stats as the squad list is always wrong and if they cant get that right can you really trust their figures ?????????

Dont know about websites but the boy as recently uploaded an app IFOOTY to the phone, selected Scottish Premier League only to find that it still shows last seasons information, dont touch it :_thumbdown:

I was recommended to NewsNow by another person as well, my thinking is that by including all of the third-party sites, the ones noone votes for are by default the best. But my main issue is with sites overlooking teams outside of the Old Firm. They want to regarded as the definitive source of footie info in the UK but are way way focussed on the teams with biggest supports.