So what's the next move?

GMD11UK

Now the celtic game has been & gone and the in's & out's have been looked at for our first 90 mins back in the SPL.....What if anything do we change for dundee utd next sunday?!?!?!?

1. Leave gill on the bench, or in the car. i am happy with either, i am not a fan and him wasting TWO subs by him coming on then off ain't doing any favors for him with me!

2. Stick with nick, he does what hes told and is a prospect, he did his job by standing at the backpost and stopped a potential 2nd goal.

3. If hayes ain't fit, dont start him! he may be a fan favourite but your risking a comeback by putting him on before he's 100%

• Disagree 2

Now the celtic game has been & gone and the in's & out's have been looked at for our first 90 mins back in the SPL.....What if anything do we change for dundee utd next sunday?!?!?!?

1. Leave gill on the bench, or in the car. i am happy with either, i am not a fan and him wasting TWO subs by him coming on then off ain't doing any favors for him with me!

2. Stick with nick, he does what hes told and is a prospect, he did his job by standing at the backpost and stopped a potential 2nd goal.

3. If hayes ain't fit, dont start him! he may be a fan favourite but your risking a comeback by putting him on before he's 100%

AGREED!

Gil couldnt help that today and as I have said on numerous occasions he is not a wide left player - he is best playing off the centre forward - but Eric is clearly in possesion of that role. Doubt if he will be fit fer next week anyway.

I dont think that Ross is at all comfortable on the left.

Hayes has to be kept playing as much as possible - he was simply IMMENSE fer 20 minutes today - imagine what he will be like if he hits fitness.

My starting X1 at Tannadice - with TB's in brackets if otherwise:

ESSON

McCANN PROCTOR (TOKELY) MUNRO GILLET

HAYES COX DUNCAN McBAIN (ROSS)

ERIC ROONEY

United had 2 "observers" at the game today so obviously taking next weekend seriously. They took pages of notes as well.

As for next week, I'd give the same starting 11 another go at United.

all 11 except hayes who is obviously not fit, he was explosive in the first 10 mins of each half but hiding the rest of the time.

and for gill, who can't keep possession if his life depended on it!

AGREED!

tbh I am not sure if Gil is going to make the grade. It took Rooney a good part of last season before he started kicking. I see Ross and he doing half games each for a while yet.

hayes needs to be a sub until he is back to full fitness,

Esson

McCann Tokley Munro Golabek

Cox Ross

Odiambo Duncan Sanchez

Rooney

AGREED!

tbh I am not sure if Gil is going to make the grade. It took Rooney a good part of last season before he started kicking. I see Ross and he doing half games each for a while yet.

Gordy - I know that it is one game but when TB played Gil in the hole of Sutherland at Stockport he looked the part. Playing wide left he is a waste of space.

Gil has been pretty dire everytime i see him play, i honestly wonder how roy is warming a bench when Gil is getting trotted out to lose possession and infuriate whichever wingback he is infront of, McCann was going ape-shhht with him in one of the pre-season games.

Gil should maybe be replacing eric or coming on for dani at the 75 minute mark.

I thought the reason Gil come on and then back off again was because he got injured. He also is not a winger.

nah terry seen him lose the ball on his first touch and went, screw it, get him off...but told him to limp for the cameras/radio.

i think he has promise, that boy needs to be where eric plays so might be best suited to come on for him as a sub in the final third of the game.

he just needs to be more aware of his surroundings which might be easier when the opposition defense/midfield is a bit tired from playing 60-70 mins.

there are a few players that need more game time: Roy, Shane, Dani etc.

but lets forget hayes next week, just try to get his conditioning back to where it was in the latter half of div 1.

Hayes just has to be kept playing fer fecks sake - He looked the part today so he simply needs more match time - although I agree that he should have been hooked earlier.

It says a lot about Gil when Ross is chosen in front of him on the right - as far as I am concerned he is a "hole" player and little else. Eric is in possession but I fer one would love to see Gil get a run in the "hole role"

I agree with folks. Gil is probably best suited to playing in the hole behind the striker.

I think the fact that we are sticking Hayes back in when he is only half fit emphasises the fact we probably need another wide player before the window shuts. Foran's out for a month, Gil is now injured, so we could do with someone else.

He has been impressive but i just don't see Nick as a regular player just yet. More often than not he was bullied of the ball or crowded out to quickly. I think he will be better suited to playing as a super sub. However if Gil isn't fit i would use him next week.

i think he has promise, that boy needs to be where eric plays so might be best suited to come on for him as a sub in the final third of the game.

he just needs to be more aware of his surroundings which might be easier when the opposition defense/midfield is a bit tired from playing 60-70 mins.

there are a few players that need more game time: Roy, Shane, Dani etc.

but lets forget hayes next week, just try to get his conditioning back to where it was in the latter half of div 1.

If you think that games against Celtic and Dundee United are suitable for experiments, fair do's. TB might not share your sentiments. I don't know what game you were at today, but Hayes was excellent for the time he was on. He's fit, he just needs games. Shane was good when he came on, but there are others that need game time more than your aforementioned. Your appraisal of Blumenstein is puzzling. He came off injured, information is that it was a calf strain. End of.

Can't blame him for getting injured. If we do, then maybe we should have a go at Foran for being captain yet not even turning out for our first match.

Anyone can get injured, be it the first or 90th minute.

I'd stick with the same formation. Too early to change tactics, when we're still trying to find out how good this team is. If we're still getting beaten after a few matches, then perhaps go in to a more defensive or long ball game. For now, we dominated Celtic in the early stages, defended pretty well and tired against a team of millionaires who have already had a few competitive games. Let's see how well we do against lesser opposition before getting too angry.

for the most part i think the team is perfect, true anybody can get injured at anytime.

i don't think we should be experimenting with any credible opponent, which makes up most of the SPL!

pre-season was the time for trying out what works and what doesn't.

McCann is a revelation, Ross could be the next caley stalwart, cox & duncan are proving a formidable duo and esson is he keeps up the form he did today will make a huge difference to any scoreline.

when foran is back 100% fit and hayes is back to full power, we wil hit our stride. until hayes is back to full form, give sanchez a shot and see what he can do.

gil needs work but i think TB & MM are the guys to get him to where he could be or otherwise he wouldn't have signed him!

Hayes just has to be kept playing fer fecks sake - He looked the part today so he simply needs more match time - although I agree that he should have been hooked earlier.

It says a lot about Gil when Ross is chosen in front of him on the right - as far as I am concerned he is a "hole" player and little else. Eric is in possession but I fer one would love to see Gil get a run in the "hole role"

Ahh, Proctor's favoured role..

But aye, I agree, Bluhmanshtein looked good for the 1st 10 mins when he came on at Fleetwood, and also played well against Forres when playing through the middle just off the strikers. Whenever I've seen him out wide he's been totally ineffective though.

Think we should stick with Nick Ross and Hayes to start next weekend, both played well today I thought, and Nick will come good for us when given a run in the first team. He may be lightweight just now, but that can be worked on and no doubt Mo will be working on it, but when in possession today he rarely wasted a ball. Had a good goal line clearance with his hand aswell, and could've scored with the header if he'd just composed himself and taken it on the chest and pinged it. Some shove on yon big Korean lad though to create the chance!

for the most part i think the team is perfect, true anybody can get injured at anytime.

i don't think we should be experimenting with any credible opponent, which makes up most of the SPL!

pre-season was the time for trying out what works and what doesn't.

'McCann is a revelation', Ross could be the next caley stalwart, cox & duncan are proving a formidable duo and esson is he keeps up the form he did today will make a huge difference to any scoreline.

when foran is back 100% fit and hayes is back to full power, we wil hit our stride. until hayes is back to full form, give sanchez a shot and see what he can do.

gil needs work but i think TB & MM are the guys to get him to where he could be or otherwise he wouldn't have signed him!

McCann is a revelation? fecks sake wise up.

Ross could be the next caley stalwart? hope you mean Tokely!

I thought Mccann was awful today, constantly getting caught out of position and it was far too easy for the goal for McCourt to come in field.

Esson

Proctor Tokely Munro Gillett

Cox Duncan

Hayes Odihambo Ross

Rooney

Subs: Tuffey, Innes, Mccann, McBain, Blumenstein, Sanchez, Sutherland