Matchday Thread: Dundee Utd -V- ICT

EWS

Well done to all who were there. Singing throughout clearly audible on Radio Scotland. They left their mic on the end and i was treated to a couple of minutes of undisturbed singing from ICT fans as they left the ground. Feckin magic.

Yeah I got that aswell, was class.

Yeah that was one hell of a day out, and two contenders for GOTS already.

Have to say the Arabs who were left at the end took it well, so many of them said 'well done' and wished us well.

P.S. Johndo missed a penalty :lol:

Quality display from the lads. Great atmosphere from us away fans. Let's hope they keep playing like this and with foran still to return along with Blum and Innes, then we have good options in case we need changes.

Roll on peterhead on Wednesday and accies on Saturday .

Superb :-)

I can only echo the comments above. Today's result that is right up there with our very best in the SPL. The second goal knocked the stuffing out of United and from there on in it was a stroll in the Tayside sunshine. The scoreline was totally justified and I would suspect most United fans would agree that we were well worth a cricket score today.

We were sharper, fitter, more agressive and looked a right good side for much of the game. United were admittedly dire but they were, by a distance, third club in the country lasts season so today's result was beyond my wildest dreams.

Hats off to Terry & Mo and al the lads for today's performance - outstanding.

:ictscarf:

Have to say the Arabs who were left at the end took it well, so many of them said 'well done' and wished us well.

Really? i was told "F*** you, you f******* pr***"

so i laughed in his facebiggrin.gif

Edited by Pedz4king

Really? i was told "F*** you, you f******* pr***"

so i laughed in his facebiggrin.gif

As I was leaving, I got a text, sent at the final whistle from an Arab who works for me saying "I'm gonna be off work tomorrow" lol.gif

Wow, sore back or not, the adrenaline rush eased the pain.

That was as good a performance from us against any SPL team that I have witnessed. We were all over United like a rash. McCann's goal was an absolute belter. Receiving a ball knocked out of their box, about 45 yards out, he took a few strides, looked up and fizzed the ball high past Pernis to his left. I don't recall us scoring many such goals in the past. Eric was mugging the United defence, like taking candy off kids, and twisting and turning to great effect. He set up Rooney when through on goal and generally gave them a torrid afternoon. Russell's goal was also a beaut. As said, throw in, bounce and he volleyed a dipper from the right side of the box. Goal as soon as he hit it. Hayes was teasing and tormenting the United back line, I almost felt sorry for them. Two good penalty shouts, Eric flashed a snap shot just wide after another mugging and we looked like scoring everytime we strutted forward. Awesome performance by everybody.

United had a late chance for a consolation, but the chap struck the post. They were shockingly poor, but hey, who cares, we made them look like that.

Eric was my pick, with Rooney and Hayes close behind. The back four were strong and firm, but today the stars were in attack.

Over the moon. ps, Johndo did see the penalty from the Dundee end, unbelievable.

No he didn't. The police let him watch the rest of the game among the home fans. Think they were actually laughing at the antics of the stewards.

Wow, sore back or not, the adrenaline rush eased the pain.

That was as good a performance from us against any SPL team that I have witnessed. We were all over United like a rash. McCann's goal was an absolute belter. Receiving a ball knocked out of their box, about 45 yards out, he took a few strides, looked up and fizzed the ball high past Pernis to his left. I don't recall us scoring many such goals in the past. Eric was mugging the United defence, like taking candy off kids, and twisting and turning to great effect. He set up Rooney when through on goal and generally gave them a torrid afternoon. Russell's goal was also a beaut. As said, throw in, bounce and he volleyed a dipper from the right side of the box. Goal as soon as he hit it. Hayes was teasing and tormenting the United back line, I almost felt sorry for them. Two good penalty shouts, Eric flashed a snap shot just wide after another mugging and we looked like scoring everytime we strutted forward. Awesome performance by everybody.

United had a late chance for a consolation, but the chap struck the post. They were shockingly poor, but hey, who cares, we made them look like that.

Eric was my pick, with Rooney and Hayes close behind. The back four were strong and firm, but today the stars were in attack.

Over the moon. ps, Johndo did see the penalty from the Dundee end, unbelievable.

Boring, boring, boring....

What's happening with the ducks?

• Disagree 1

Perfect day out, from start to finish :twothumbsup:

The Guinness in the Centenary was cold 'n' creamy.

McCann's goal was unbelievable. It hardly rose at all, from the moment it was hit from 30 yards out. Whoah... beautiful!

At 3-0 there was a major touch-line love-in among Terry 'n' the bench. At 4-0 it became almost dream-like.

Every player played out of their skin. Take a bow, one and all.

Think I'll just add to the general praise - we. were. awesome. There are a few questions marks though - such as...

Which goal was more awesome, McCann's 30 yard screamer into the top corner, or Duncan's audacious lobbed volley (I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it)? Has to be Duncans....the way he swung his foot at the ball it should have gone skywards

Has anyone got a superlative that sufficiently describes just how well Adam Rooney played? Fandabbydosy

Will people stop slagging off Eric Odihambo now after that sensational performance? Yes

Is Lee Cox the Duracell Bunny in disguise? Seriously, the guy was still running full pelt in the 92nd minute. Disguise isn't working

How on earth is Garry Kenneth a Scotland international? Slept with Levien?

What did Ryan Esson do to relieve the boredom? Played noughts and crosses on the worn bit of grass in front of him

How good will we be with Rossco and Richie Foran back in the team? How good is sex first thing in the morning?

Could Terry's cheesy grin have been any wider when he was saluting the fans at the final whistle? Probably not

Those are the only things I could think of for now...

Edited by Alex MacLeod
answered the questions
  • Agree 3

Think I'll just add to the general praise - we. were. awesome. There are a few questions marks though - such as...

Which goal was more awesome, McCann's 30 yard screamer into the top corner, or Duncan's audacious lobbed volley (I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it)?

Has anyone got a superlative that sufficiently describes just how well Adam Rooney played?

Will people stop slagging off Eric Odihambo now after that sensational performance?

Is Lee Cox the Duracell Bunny in disguise? Seriously, the guy was still running full pelt in the 92nd minute.

How on earth is Garry Kenneth a Scotland international?

What did Ryan Esson do to relieve the boredom?

How good will we be with Rossco and Richie Foran back in the team?

Could Terry's cheesy grin have been any wider when he was saluting the fans at the final whistle?

Those are the only things I could think of for now...

Great post!

:twothumbsup:

• Agree 1

Just back. It was every bit as good as it must have sounded on the radio: one of those days when you feel on top of the world being an ICT supporter. Have been working on the match report on the train back but it'll probably be tomorrow night before I can get it typed and up on the homepage. Suffice to say, there wasn't a player less than excellent in the ICT team today, but I have to agree with Alex - Odhiambo man of the match. Well done lads.

Well what can I say!

Today was just amazing!!!!!!!!

Not only was I with fantastic company but I saw what I think was the best game Caley have played in ages.

The fans were amazing and so were the players. The first goal was something fantastic and the 2 that followed showed style. I have to say we should have maybe had a few more penalties but who cares when you win 4-0 against a Scottish cup winning side.

Now remind me who will be playing in Europe this season coming!

so all that is left to say is: "Hi, hi, hi, beautiful Su-unday"

• Agree 2

Re-the penalty, Rooney turned the defender brilliantly and left him for dead, only way to stop him scoring was to scythe him down. Eric was doing the same to them, turning them inside out and Hayes was teasing them at every opportunity. Nick Ross had a great first half as well. No failures today, they were at their Sunday best. Coxy and Russeldinho mopped everything up, McCann for his goal alone was superb, Gillet looks to be a real solid find, strong in the tackle, athletic and difficult to get past. Grantie did what Grantie does best, stopped United getting into the box, and special mention to Proctor, he looked great beside Grant in the middle. The only guy that should hand back his wages is Ryan Esson, he will be embarrassed to pick them up after having nothing to do.

The great thing about this result today was the quality of the football and the quatity of the goals. The last away game at Ayr was fantastic but today was notched up a few levels and we played the 3rd placed team from last season off the park on their home turf! The exciting thing is Foran is still to come back along with Tokely which will strengthen our squad.

No failures today, eveybody gave a 100% and we all went home very happy!

Edited by dalneighboy

I just can't decide who's getting my points for today. Only 1.5 small negatives for the team were Gillet's throw-ins, and a half for Eric's sprint pace - if he'd another yard it would have been 0-7.

Worst performance in the stadium today came from the dickhead steward with the piece-box in his hand.

Fantastic first away game, may there be many more!

One question - what was the Stephen Thompson thing about? I obviously missed what he had said (whilst happily contributing to the abuse in response ;-))