Matchday Thread: Dundee Utd -V- ICT

EWS

He moaned that teams like ICT would only bring 27 fans to Tannadice.

An *rse where his mouth should be. I can't remember any United games where we didn't have a good support.

And that's despite his p*nis-faced killjoy jobsworthy stewards.

Fantastic first away game, may there be many more!

One question - what was the Stephen Thompson thing about? I obviously missed what he had said (whilst happily contributing to the abuse in response ;-))

I think he was telling him if he didn't give more decisions to them, he was going to substitute him with another ref.

Where and when can i get highlights of this glorious game? wana watch it again!!!

Impatience Overloadbouncyblue.gifbouncyred.gifbouncyblue.gifbouncyred.gifbouncyblue.gif

Highlights can be made available on club websites on Monday nights. Realistically that will mean Tuesday before it goes up as there will not be anyone at the stadium to load the page on Monday night.

One bit of good news - referred to earlier - is that due to the media arrangements in place with the SPL, the club do have access to the BBC (and presumably ESPN or SKY) footage so most weeks we will have less work involved in making and loading the video clips.

Great result - first time in about two years that I actually forgot to put my bet on for an ICT game (for an ICT win of course - the eternal optomist) - the winnings would have been nice but I don't care.

I was at work and only managed to see the half-time score - couldn't believe the final result when I got home....

Don't you just love football....looking forward to watching the highlights.... :ictscarf:

Thompson made comment pre-season about numbers of away fans and his quote was along the lines that ICT would bring around 27. His father was a great guy. He's a pen!s. Oh f*ck you cant say that in Dundee!

A fantastic moment of stewarding. You couldn't have made it up.

But I'm sure Lee Cox was flattered by the all the extra attention :biggrin:

Great result - first time in about two years that I actually forgot to put my bet on for an ICT game (for an ICT win of course - the eternal optomist) - the winnings would have been nice but I don't care.

I was at work and only managed to see the half-time score - couldn't believe the final result when I got home....

Don't you just love football....looking forward to watching the highlights.... :ictscarf:

Do us a favour, Tichy.....

Don't bet on them again!

I'll be watching those highlights again and again. And again.

It's interesting that Rangers are linked with a ?2m for Goodwillie. He did nothing yesterday, and wasn't in the same league as Adam and Eric.

TB will have a major job on his hands keeping this team intact through the season.

A fantastic moment of stewarding. You couldn't have made it up.

But I'm sure Lee Cox was flattered by the all the extra attention

It could only have been better if "We all love Cox" had been followed up with a chorus of "The stewards love Cox!"

just watched the highlights and Inverness looked fantastic! I hear the big bald guy at the back for Dundee is a Scotland International? Really? He was made to look awful, really really awful!

Well done Caley Thistle, here's hoping you can carry this form through the season!

Alternative Maryhill has an excellent match report published on the main site.

Match Report

for all those that don't have a spare penny at the moment and were stuck listening to that ginger nonsense man, Jim Spence, are at work and can't get the highlights off the bbc until they get home.. thank you.

Excellent write up mate

indeed - alternative maryhill's introduction to the editorial team has given the rest of us a very high bar to aim at. excellent stuff for both the preview and also the report.

I've only seen the BBC highlights and they were impressive! Rooney had style, skill and confidence. I think he was ambushed as much as fouled for the penalty. I have to say, though, that I'm not convinced Duncan was going for goal! Some of the passing moves shown on BBC were quality. I'm now trying to find a chance to get north to see them but it looks like I'll have to wait for Hearts away in December. I'll have to console myself watching Burnley in the meantime.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I have to say, though, that I'm not convinced Duncan was going for goal!

:redcard:

It was a superb strike. Actually, on the rare occassions when Russeldinho scores, it always seems to be a spectacular one. I can recall another great one v Utd, and a curler into the top corner at Brechin. He should shoot more often.

I've only seen the BBC highlights and they were impressive! Rooney had style, skill and confidence. I think he was ambushed as much as fouled for the penalty. I have to say, though, that I'm not convinced Duncan was going for goal! Some of the passing moves shown on BBC were quality. I'm now trying to find a chance to get north to see them but it looks like I'll have to wait for Hearts away in December. I'll have to console myself watching Burnley in the meantime.

Never EVER!! dis russeldinho!

werenotworthy.gif

He was quite clearly going for goal