Matchday Thread: Dundee Utd -V- ICT

EWS

Feckin great report Mary and spot on - I have to eat a bit of humble pie and say that Eric was immense yeterday - he has clearly been in the gym and toughened up. I also thought Proctor played well too and aint a lightweight central defender any more. But what about Gillet - quietly went about his business. And Russels goal was like but bettered the strike by McBain when we beat Gretna 4-0 at Fir Park.

That was like watching a Pele team that could defend. Oh Mary I got restored and left of my own accord as well - after (believe it or not) sitting in silence for the pen and the Esson "wonder save".

Cheers for the nice words re the report, guys. Have to confess to two or three inaccuracies having just watched the highlights, though, for example the throw-in for Russell's goal: I thought it been delivered by Gillet when of course it was from McCann. Anyway, just amazing to see everything again: it really did happen!

Incidentally, Adam Rooney was interviewed on Sportsound this evening and it was great to hear him sound so relaxed, so confident and so obviously enjoying life in Inverness and being part of a happy dressing room. Hopefully this will show in more dsiplays like the one we saw yesterday.

I told him a while ago he really should make more of an effort....

Very pleased he took my words on board. :smile:

You are truly an inspiration...

• Agree 1

Just read some of Rusell's comments about scoring goals and it's quite staggering how

negative he talks about it?! Doesn't even practice shooting, hard to believe (or maybe not!)

He badly needs to believe he can score again, obviously without having to push forward and get out of position.

You would think having scored a goal like that he would get the taste?

Hi guys,

Llongyfarchadau mawr - which means many congratulations on the big win ! :twothumbsup:

I was pleased to see my Scottish team do so well in the SPL after the result against Celtic.

Is there anywhere to see highlights of the game online?

Don't forget, you can also see the highlights on the Club website once they are posted (usually a few of days after the game) and these will stay there for at least a month if not longer.

http://www.ictfc.co.uk/page/matchhighlights/0,,10447,00.html

Hi guys,

Llongyfarchadau mawr - which means many congratulations on the big win ! :twothumbsup:

I was pleased to see my Scottish team do so well in the SPL after the result against Celtic.

Is there anywhere to see highlights of the game online?

Don't forget, you can also see the highlights on the Club website once they are posted (usually a few of days after the game) and these will stay there for at least a month if not longer.

http://www.ictfc.co.uk/page/matchhighlights/0,,10447,00.html

Longer .... :cool: - ICT still have highlights available from most of the latter stages of last season as well as the Celtic game and hopefully soon, the DUFC game ....

Still waiting for the BBC to make the highlights available on their FTP site so we can display them on the official site .... delay is not the club's (or my) fault this time :blink:

Just read some of Rusell's comments about scoring goals and it's quite staggering how

negative he talks about it?! Doesn't even practice shooting, hard to believe (or maybe not!)

He badly needs to believe he can score again, obviously without having to push forward and get out of position.

You would think having scored a goal like that he would get the taste?

As you suggest not too hard to believe, I've seen a few Row z efforts over the years.

That said, his goal was the cream of the crop, I can't recall ever seeing one like that. Angle, distance, volley...that should be in anyone's round up.

And as for those who say it was an accident. No. An accident is when the Titanic crashes into an iceberg.

God, I wish I'd just accepted the wrath of she who must be obeyed and gone, instead of spending most of the first half in B&Q. My arab mates (I still have some) couldn't believe the doing that they got. DUFC are pretty abject right now, but none of them expected that. I also heard from a reliable source, the their Chairman was "livid" at these "merciless ba**ards" from up north. He heard every word, by all accounts. With Russeldinho's shot, it looks from highlights like he looked up just before he got the ball, and then planted it there. That's impressive. As for Eric, Rooney scored from the pass therefore right decision. Now, when do we get to rip Doogie Imrie a new one?

From the BBC website preview of Dundee Utd's match v AEK:

Dundee United could recall defender Darren Dods for Thursday's Europa League qualifier against AEK Athens.

The 35-year-old was dropped for the first leg but could come back in after that defeat and Sunday's hammering by Inverness Caledonian Stadium.

Yes, even our stadium had better pace and movement than Utd.

I know it's a bit late for this thread, but I only just noticed the reason that we won at less than a canter. Look at the back page of this weeks highland news if you will, and the large photo's caption states that Adam Rooney (it is he) is in the act of scoring. Past Gary Kenneth. That's not Garry Kenneth, that's PHIL MITCHELL! We all know he can't play football at all. But then neither can Gary Kenneth, now which one's the crack head? We should be told.

• Disagree 1