Matchday Thread: Dundee Utd -V- ICT

EWS

Just out of curiosity, how many goals do we need to score away from home before we can do the conga? It must have been close. :tongueincheek:

congas are acceptable after 4, pitch invasions on 6 and TB is obliged to give a speech after 7 as far as i'm aware.

• Agree 1

I just noticed in the fixtures list...it has todays final score as 0-3

its called only having one pair of hands SMEE !!!

we have about 10 pages that require updates during and after a match so I apologise deeply if it momentarily showed 0-3 when we actually won 0-4 :ohmy:

Great result and by the sounds of it very deserved. Dundee Utd will claim tiredness but you know what, boo hoo.

Well done to the boys for keeping another clean sheet on the road again. Once we get Foran, Gil, Rosscoe etc back we will be a real force to be reckoned with. :ictscarf:

Next week should be good.

Edited by ajsict92

I just noticed in the fixtures list...it has todays final score as 0-3

its called only having one pair of hands SMEE !!!

we have about 10 pages that require updates during and after a match so I apologise deeply if it momentarily showed 0-3 when we actually won 0-4 :ohmy:

Chill the Beanz mun....am only saying so that it could maybe be rectified.

Amazing result today, well done lads. Was listening to the match online and i didnt dare leave the room (not even to visit the little boys room) incase i missed a goal. Sounded like we deserved that win and the 4-0 scoreline was justified with how well we played.

Top half anyone?

When was Russeldinho's last goal for us? Remember him scoring a beauty against United in the cup a few seasons back but has he scored since then?

Also there used to be a stat that we have never lost when Russell scores for us? Assume that is still in tact?

Cheers

When was Russeldinho's last goal for us? Remember him scoring a beauty against United in the cup a few seasons back but has he scored since then?

Also there used to be a stat that we have never lost when Russell scores for us? Assume that is still in tact?

Cheers

I recollect him scoring against Aberdeen in season 07/08 and then got himself booked for his celebration (and was later sent off for booting the ball into the stand as the half time whistle went). ICT lost that day 4-3 IIRC

That must be one of the best 90 minute performances I've seen in a long time. Cant fault one player. For me Eric was MoM though it was a hard choice. Hayes ran rings around their defence. The back four solid as a unit. McCanns goal was a cracker from about 35 yards out. And Russells......that was something that could only be appreciated if seen. Two penalty shouts denied....one a stonewaller. Young Nick put in another good display. The Proctor Munro partnership worked really well. Everyone played a blinder. Esson had very little to do today as we contained anything that came at us. DU had no answers for us and maybe they will blame tiredness but the fact is they just weren't good enough.

Eric gets my MoM for his unselfishness. After skinning three or four and with only the keeper to beat he chose to cut back to Rooney, who took the goal very well, rather than attempt to beat the keeper. Very clinical penalty from Adam for the fourth goal.

Play like that home and away and very few will beat us this season.

What a performance that was!!

McCanns goal was one of the best I've seen from an ICT player....can't wait to see it again. We could've easily scored 6 or 7 today, we were superb. Eric probably just shades MOTM for me, just ahead of Proctor. In saying that, every player deserves a 10 today.

Amazing result for us - aside from wins over the Old Firm that's probably the best result we've had in the SPL since we first got promoted in 2004. A four goal win away to the previous season's thrid team and the Cup holders? Not bad. The city of Dundee are now ALL our bitches. All this without our longest serving player and our captain.

I really didn't expect that result and it's reallyheartening to hear that we played well and fully deserved the win. Eric Odhiambo is getting good reviews for the game - I thought he was our best outfield player against Celtic and he seems to be coming onto a game this season. This is excellent news for us as he is in the vital central position behind the lone striker. Hayes is also having an impact in the SPL.

What a performance that was!!

McCanns goal was one of the best I've seen from an ICT player....can't wait to see it again. We could've easily scored 6 or 7 today, we were superb. Eric probably just shades MOTM for me, just ahead of Proctor. In saying that, every player deserves a 10 today.

Even sanchez?tongue.gif

That must be one of the best 90 minute performances I've seen in a long time. Cant fault one player. For me Eric was MoM though it was a hard choice. Hayes ran rings around their defence. The back four solid as a unit. McCanns goal was a cracker from about 35 yards out. And Russells......that was something that could only be appreciated if seen. Two penalty shouts denied....one a stonewaller. Young Nick put in another good display. The Proctor Munro partnership worked really well. Everyone played a blinder. Esson had very little to do today as we contained anything that came at us. DU had no answers for us and maybe they will blame tiredness but the fact is they just weren't good enough.

Eric gets my MoM for his unselfishness. After skinning three or four and with only the keeper to beat he chose to cut back to Rooney, who took the goal very well, rather than attempt to beat the keeper. Very clinical penalty from Adam for the fourth goal.

Yep, agreed. The perfect football day out (except for the stewards). And stunning goals to boot!

I'd give Eric MOM, he was busy and bothering the DU back line. Pushing balls into space for Hayes and, as Alex says, unselfishly setting up Rooney among other fine balls he played to our front man. TB must really know this football lark cos I don't think there would be many on here who would've seen this potential in him. Well done Eric.

But congrats to the whole team and Terry & Mo...that was brilliant.

"Are you Dundee in disguise?" may be the pick of the excellent and persistent singing from the away support.

Quote from united fan on P&B:

It was a similar performance to that against AEK but we were up against a better team today.

Well done to all who were there. Singing throughout clearly audible on Radio Scotland. They left their mic on the end and i was treated to a couple of minutes of undisturbed singing from ICT fans as they left the ground. Feckin magic.

Yep, agreed. The perfect football day out (except for the stewards). And stunning goals to boot!

I'd give Eric MOM, he was busy and bothering the DU back line. Pushing balls into space for Hayes and, as Alex says, unselfishly setting up Rooney among other fine balls he played to our front man. TB must really know this football lark cos I don't think there would be many on here who would've seen this potential in him. Well done Eric.

But congrats to the whole team and Terry & Mo...that was brilliant.

"Are you Dundee in disguise?" may be the pick of the excellent and persistent singing from the away support.

Did you not see eric in the SPL last time? he was fantastic there aswell and therefore lots of people who i know expected things from him in certain games

What a great team performance, all over the pitch, based on good passing and movement. McCann's 45 yarder was a joy to watch (I'll actually estimate it at 32 yards) and Duncan's strike was a thing of beauty - throw in, bounces once, whack, goal!

Adam & Eric were just too much for their defence to handle. Hayes had a quiet first half but was perhaps pacing himself and was more of a threat later in the game.

Amid all the euphoria though, it has to be said that Dundee Utd were very poor. They were totally lacklustre, with no pace or energy and no apparent gameplan. And how many times did they pass straight to us?

I find it shocking that Gary Kenneth was playing for Scotland, when on days like this he shows us that he isn't good enough for the SPL. Our forwards gave him a torrid time and he couldn't cope, at all. How many times did he get turned, 6? The sad thing is that IHE got warned and ultimately huckled out after chanting that Kenneth was a p3n1s, when he clearly had a valid point.

Anyway, let none of that detract from the main point - we were very good today, playing neat attacking football of the sort that is the hallmark of a very confident team. Yessssssssss! :ictscarf: