Aberdeen performance

1aberdonian

Well folks, good result for the wee highland team this week.

However I think this needs to be put in pespective, Dundee Utd are a weak kitten in comparison to last season's cup winning, table stormers. Looking at the highlights Celtic knocked you up and down for 90mins the previous week.

To be honest I think its about time that ICT faced up to it that the best chance the Highlands have of being effectively represented in the top flight is to support ABERDEEN ! Top of the table and going strong.

A club with a pedigree and heritage to prove that one we could contenders again. I have an affection for ICT due to its proximity to me and your struggle against the central belt. But lets not kid ourselves ICT is in its infancy.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

However I think this needs to be put in pespective, Dundee Utd are a weak kitten in comparison to last season's cup winning, table stormers. Looking at the highlights Celtic knocked you up and down for 90mins the previous week.

To be honest I think its about time that ICT faced up to it that the best chance the Highlands have of being effectively represented in the top flight is to support ABERDEEN ! Top of the table and going strong.

A club with a pedigree and heritage to prove that one we could contenders again. I have an affection for ICT due to its proximity to me and your struggle against the central belt. But lets not kid ourselves ICT is in its infancy.

Cool story, bro.

Someone sent this haddie a map!

You are assuming I live in the REAL capital of the Highlands- but due to work commitments it is probably somewhat closer to Inverness than yourself . Incidentally, this 'Haddie' actually goes to the matches! ......and is not blinded by devotion.

Edited by 1aberdonian

You are assuming I live in the REAL capital of the Highlands- but due to work commitments it is probably somewhat closer to Inverness than yourself . Incidentally, this 'Haddie' actually goes to the matches! ......and is not blinded by devotion.

Geography not your strong point either? Officially Aberdeen is not in the Highlands.

Geography not your strong point either? Officially Aberdeen is not in the Highlands.

Geographically it is the Highlands! - not regionally, but The Highland Boundry fault starts above Stirling in my atlas. Anyway, another example of ICT fans going off topic to avoid talking about real football issues - of which Thistle have plenty of.

• Agree 1

Aye.. its supposed to be the '******' smilie but as per usual it wont show.. something to do with upsetting peoples hunan rights and being politically correct eh?

see!!!! it wont even spell out to55er

Edited by caley100

This is Fail.

This is Fail.

I think it's a fair, if not slightly glib and cavalier, comment. I don't think it warrants all the negative comments and nearly working smilies aimed at it. I thought ICT fans of all people would have a sense of humour.

To be honest it's not like we expected to get a result against Celtic. Given the huge financial gap they should have been battering us for 90 minutes. Out of the other results there's not doubt Aberdeen have had a good start to the season but I know what is the most impressive out of defeating Dundee United 4 - 0 (A), Hamilton 4 - 0 (H) and Saint Johnstone 1 - 0 (A)and it isn't any of the Aberdeen results.

That said good luck to Aberdeen, I enjoy playing them especially at Pittodrie. Mainly because it's essentially a Home game for me.

Geographically it is the Highlands! - not regionally, but The Highland Boundry fault starts above Stirling in my atlas. Anyway, another example of ICT fans going off topic to avoid talking about real football issues - of which Thistle have plenty of.

The Highland boundary fault runs from Lochranza on Arran to Stonehaven so you are correct that Aberdeen is indeed a Highland club but Stirling is somewhere in the middle of it. The good news of course is that Ross County were very far off the mark when they claimed to be the first Highland club to appear in a Scottish cup final, kind of making an @rse out of all those neutrals who travelled down with the tinklers hoping to see a bit of Highland history, now that is a FAIL, part time County fans tuttut.giftuttut.gifrotflmao.gif

I used to support Aberdeen when they were the nearest "big team" - Caley were just a Highland League in those days - still my main team though.

Back then Aberdeen were a really decent team. Sadly, now they are sh!te and in severe danger of becoming the second best team in the north.

Don't be fooled by their current flash in the pan - as the clearly worried topic-starter is well aware, they will soon revert to their norm (i.e. SH!TE)

The Highland boundary fault runs from Lochranza on Arran to Stonehaven so you are correct that Aberdeen is indeed a Highland club but Stirling is somewhere in the middle of it. The good news of course is that Ross County were very far off the mark when they claimed to be the first Highland club to appear in a Scottish cup final, kind of making an @rse out of all those neutrals who travelled down with the tinklers hoping to see a bit of Highland history, now that is a FAIL, part time County fans tuttut.giftuttut.gifrotflmao.gif

Thanks for that - at least someone up here knows where they're from! Too many opinions on this forum without any need to check the facts. ICT fans always seem to be overly aggressive and on the defensive-some parallel to the playing style methinks. Anyway, what else would you expect from the Butcher!

• Agree 1

I'd like to congratulate the OP for being the first Dons fan to come on here and not mention 1983. (Yet)

Only as good as your last game- no need for specifics and past glories- Caley may get there - i don't deny it ,but presently they are also -rans. Build a team and take your chances- there is only room for one big fish in this wee pond up here and it's not Caley T.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I'd like to congratulate the OP for being the first Dons fan to come on here and not mention 1983. (Yet)

Only as good as your last game- no need for specifics and past glories- Caley may get there - i don't deny it ,but presently they are also -rans. Build a team and take your chances- there is only room for one big fish in this wee pond up here and it's not Caley T.

Hardly a wee pond, it's the biggest geographical area in Scotland. Should you not be more concerned with getting some of the 210k residents of Aberdeen to take up the 10194 empty seats that were at Pittodrie for your opening match rather than trying to convert our fans. The older fans at TCS have already converted to a team once, a team which for, apart from one season, has been on the ascendency do you really think that any of us are wanting to move backwards in our football supporting lives? Aberdeen have been in freefall since about 1985 and can offer us no more than ICT can, besides we suffered half a season travelling the A96 to home matches and that was enough to put anyone off! Nice try but I fear you will get no new sheep for your flock from here, try the Arab forums they might be feeling low enough to swallow your p1sh and Dundee is a far shorter distance for them to travel.

[Only as good as your last game- no need for specifics and past glories- Caley may get there - i don't deny it ,but presently they are also -rans. Build a team and take your chances- there is only room for one big fish in this wee pond up here and it's not Caley T.

Have all your Aberdeen mates deserted your forum and signed up here for some decent craic? How else could you get so many positive reputation points for this stream of drivel? :ictscarf:

And where do you get the idea that ICT fans are agressive? We are always extremely courteous to supporters of other teams :nanananana:

• Agree 1

i dont quite get why people come on here and do things like that

okay your fishing for a bite but to then turn round and say that we dont let the football do the talking...is that not what the OP is doing by coming on here fishing..how about we just sit and wait till we have played each other

on a side note however i agree, we are a team in its infancy in the fact that we havent even reached an "Adult" 18 years old yet.....but for one so young we have achieved an awful lot im sure you will agree

Edited by Tug
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1