Singing Section

Open Section G - as a start - as an open seat area - an do a feckin "pilot". Advise the stewards to take a very lenient view on proceedings - allow the chants to go - Hey feckin Presto. Do the feckin muppets have the bottle ?

Otherwise - go ICT Away fer any feckin entertainment. Next Heading to Leith Road. :nanananana:

Swearing

I am no prude. I sit in section G for the atmosphere and am fine with the occasional use of the Anglo Saxon as an unintended expletive or as a connecting, adjective, or rhyming word in a song.

However, yesterday it was just offensive and not funny:

Constant (and I mean constant) 'Imrie you are an F'ing C' adds nothing to the atmosphere, is not clever, and I am sure only serves to fire up the inteded recipient. This is just one of many examples. The constant reference to Imries' private life was the same. There is a difference between clever banter and slanderous base insult.

But it's not just Imrie, more and more we are just hearing repetative insults to the opposition, ref etc which make the protagonist sound like an inarticulate idiot.

Come on lads....you used to do a great job of livening up the North stand with wit and banter and people used to join in (I know not enough... but some). Those people on the fringes who you are trying to get to join in are just getting sickened by you and thinking of moving...or have already.

If you really want to help the club you need those on the fringes, who are not brave enough to shout on their own, to join in. I have supported you on here on numerous occasions in the past but yesterday, and not for the first time, you alienated me.

And you are right next to the family section!

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 2

I stand with you on this, it seemed to be the same voice over n over. He got slated by someone after the solo attempt to put the keeper off on a goal kick. Back fired n he just sounded like a bawbag.. the over the top c wording was over the top, I don't mind the f here and there or it in a song but it made us sound stupid, it was good towards the end when everyone still got behind the team, something seemed missing yesterday though.

Its is negative chanting and its more to do with the lack of good things to chant about about ICT so it has a negative effect.

If we play well theres lots of noise, if we are winning all the ICT songs come out, if we were beating Hamilton 3-0 and the 4 went in, would you expect to hear Caley Thistle Champions,Inverness,Bridge and a Castle, Caley, etc or Dougie Imrie Pedophile

Dougie wouldnt get a mention because you have a greater interest in ICT.

It may sound a wee bit inssneible fer the man who got turfed out of Tannadump fer using a swear word BUT I agree with you - to a degree.

Am I not wrong in saying that the Away crowds are a real mix of ages and sexes ? There is a hard core who chant and there is the other "crew" who join in every now and again - TBH I cannot remember the last time that the entire away support STOOD up and sang in unison as they did at Tannadump - it was easier to see from the Home End :rotflmao::rotflmao:

But in such company the odd "rude" chant is chortled at but not repeated or if it is there is a senior derision voiced which is tolerated by the yoof.

But you are both correct - supports are better when ya go through the repetoire of singing mainly the golden oldies. The "gang" at the back of Section G are the frustrated yoofs who have to watch the home performances and think that it is irritating peeple like Imrie to chant and chant the same abuse - Imrie must have feckin loved it - sadly that probably only upped his game.

And dont anyone come up with the alcohol excuse - as ya can get just as much oiled at home as ya can do away. I would be a feckin season ticket holder if the TCS atmosphere was improved.

And why do the feckin "tutters" and sweetie rustlers want to sit in a feckin seat behind the goals at every home match - and whilst I am on ma box - the real ABUSE from Section G is middle aged nomarks who complain about everything that a HOME player does wrong.

Clear Section G of any season ticket holders but make it open space to anyone who wants to go in there and sing.

Give me a feckin Yellow Jacket wiv IHE on it and I will "police" the feckin beautiful peeple who have ICT at their heart. For a few drams of course.

• Agree 2

And why do the feckin "tutters" and sweetie rustlers want to sit in a feckin seat behind the goals at every home match - and whilst I am on ma box - the real ABUSE from Section G is middle aged nomarks who complain about everything that a HOME player does wrong.

Completely agree with you, amount of people up in section G and F as well that were slating the team, saying that certain players should never pull the shirt on again, and twice I heard that this is the worst Caley team ever!? Get a grip. Leave the negative attitude or don't bother coming, its the 3rd league game of the season for god sake, give them a chance.

Not defending the performance at all however negative attitudes really affect the players morale, just look at the state of Aberdeen last season, don't think their dreadful constant booing atmosphere helped them at all.

And personally I was shocked that Nick Ross came off as he seemed to be leading the attack, but he received abuse for his performance? The only negative he has is that he has a small frame and can get thrown off the ball, I think that Sutherland shows you the other side of the coin in that respect.

Feck me I am agreeing again - We are not better than Hamilton, Midden, Killie and Muversmell - we are on a feckin par - but I honestly think that we have a better management team, a better squad and individual players who can really influence games - and the best feckin Away support in feckin Scotland.

I see what you're saying there. At the Dundee game at the end of last season me and a few mates wanted to go and stand up the back of section G to sing. But about 10 minutes into the first half a few codgers came in and told us to move because we were in their seats, before sitting down and probably not saying anything throughout the game.

I do understand that they can do that because it is their seat but were were wanting to add to the atmosphere and it doesnt help when we had to go back down to the front and everytime we stood up we were told to sit down by the people behind, I agree with IHE, reserve section G for people that want to sing!

Sorry boys, and IHE, but I have had a season ticket for Section G since the North Stand was completed and I have no intention of givingup my season ticket for somewhere else. I was there long before the "Singing Section" decided to camp in Section G after the "open seating area" was a no-go, due to over-stewarding. I enjoy being in Section G, no rain, no sun, plenty atmosphere. I also join in the singing, chanting, foot stamping and especially enjoy if someone bangs the drums (not often enough!) - where have all our drummers gone? Maybe I didn't enjoy the constant use of the 'c' word last Saturday but, I kept my mouth firmly shut then as I am not one of the "sweetie-rustlers" and have had plenty "craic" with the boy/young men behind me over the seasons/years. I did join in the chorus of "Oh Inverness" to try to encourage the team, especially in the final quarter of the game.

Surely, not everyone is tarred with the same brush - I don't shout abuse about our team, or our supporters. Likewise this forum should perhaps do the same.

I await the backlash - I usually get plenty when I post - which is why I seldom do.

• Agree 5

Sorry boys, and IHE, but I have had a season ticket for Section G since the North Stand was completed and I have no intention of givingup my season ticket for somewhere else. I was there long before the "Singing Section" decided to camp in Section G after the "open seating area" was a no-go, due to over-stewarding. I enjoy being in Section G, no rain, no sun, plenty atmosphere. I also join in the singing, chanting, foot stamping and especially enjoy if someone bangs the drums (not often enough!) - where have all our drummers gone? Maybe I didn't enjoy the constant use of the 'c' word last Saturday but, I kept my mouth firmly shut then as I am not one of the "sweetie-rustlers" and have had plenty "craic" with the boy/young men behind me over the seasons/years. I did join in the chorus of "Oh Inverness" to try to encourage the team, especially in the final quarter of the game.

Surely, not everyone is tarred with the same brush - I don't shout abuse about our team, or our supporters. Likewise this forum should perhaps do the same.

I await the backlash - I usually get plenty when I post - which is why I seldom do.

Have a green sploodge for your efforts.

Lizi as soon as im home you'll be getting a green dot from me too, I sit in G about 2 3rds of the way up the two seats next to me are always free, and when the Stewards kick off i will point out the two seats and the lads to sit... stand there for a bit, the wee lad who had the voovosala whats it, sat there untill his sister put the tanoy out for him :) I like the banter and do sing now and then, but did want to draw a line this weekend with the over the top swearing and C word usage for 90 mins, it wasnt big or clever.

• Agree 1

Could the answer be a seat/season ticket swap service be arranged, by the club or this site, to help the singing section congregate. People who object to the singing could look for seats away from section G. And of course potential singers could look to swap into that section.

It would help if the club could arrange to move the family section away from the singing section so that there is less of a chance for causing offence. Perhaps a covering could be fixed over the, at present, uncovered seating area and the family section moved into that area.

None of this ,of course, excuses the mad few who go over the top with the language, racial and offencive chants. Get IHE that Jacket and put him on the job. He will handle excessive behaviour in his normal caring and sensitive manner and the problems will all be solved.

:twothumbsup:

Could the answer be a seat/season ticket swap service be arranged, by the club or this site, to help the singing section congregate. People who object to the singing could look for seats away from section G. And of course potential singers could look to swap into that section.

It would help if the club could arrange to move the family section away from the singing section so that there is less of a chance for causing offence. Perhaps a covering could be fixed over the, at present, uncovered seating area and the family section moved into that area.

None of this ,of course, excuses the mad few who go over the top with the language, racial and offencive chants. Get IHE that Jacket and put him on the job. He will handle excessive behaviour in his normal caring and sensitive manner and the problems will all be solved.

:twothumbsup:

Myself, my wife and our kids have had the same seats for years now in the family section. We do not object to the singing no matter how close to the bone it gets, that is football and we do not wrap our kids up in cotton wool. If anyone needs to move it is the singers, there are season ticket holders all over the stadium who's seats have been protected since long before the singing section decided to congregate in any area. The singers must realise that, as much as they are welcomed by people like my family, if there are any problems it is themselves who have to compromise in order for everyone to be happy. At first the west stand area was to be left as unreserved seating but this did not suit the singers as the lack of a roof did not create the atmosphere they wanted, the singers chose to sit beside the family section, not the other way about.

How about the singing section just leave the controversial songs out of their set list? That means everyone could be happy.

I think it's fair to say that the lads in section G have moved enough times already to try and create atmosphere.

From behind the goal to the end of the main stand, to behind the goal, to the uncovered west stand, then back behind the goal... every time they moved the have have tried to make everyone else happy, and then everyone turns against them; be that stewards or other supporters - they can't win! The only place they can sing whilst recieving minimal backlash, is Section G in the north stand...

Fact is, as much as I have to agree with folk who say the over-use of obsceneties needs to be dulled down, these lads are the only people who DO create atmosphere, and when it's good, it's feckin fantastic!

• Agree 1

I think it's fair to say that the lads in section G have moved enough times already to try and create atmosphere.

From behind the goal to the end of the main stand, to behind the goal, to the uncovered west stand, then back behind the goal... every time they moved the have have tried to make everyone else happy, and then everyone turns against them; be that stewards or other supporters - they can't win! The only place they can sing whilst recieving minimal backlash, is Section G in the north stand...

Fact is, as much as I have to agree with folk who say the over-use of obsceneties needs to be dulled down, these lads are the only people who DO create atmosphere, and when it's good, it's feckin fantastic!

Let's get this straight then, no matter where they go there are complaints, the only real complaint anyone can have against a bunch of football fans singing is the content of their songs. There is a simple solution, revise the content of the songs so that no-one can have a valid complaint. The songs which get the most participation from people outwith the "Section G" (referring to the group of supporters as opposed to the area of North Stand) are the ones which do not contain offensive lyrics. I have read on here that the lads in Section G want more participation from the rest of the crowd so just tone down the language and everyone is happy, I could not care what they sing, they are creating an atmosphere which improves every match but they can cause offence to some, why should I have to suffer by having to move when these guys have it within their ability to keep everyone happy and get what they want with more participation? I cannot see why moving the singers to the West stand, instead of the Family Section having to move, would bring complaints from anyone except the singers.

Two choices can solve this problem, tone down the songs or **** off to the West stand.

There is a simple solution, revise the content of the songs.

**** off to the West stand.

:rolleyes: I'm offended..

Ach well you will fit in nicely with the majority of ICT's online fans then, I have not been a member of this forum long but I can already see that most of the ICT faithful who use the internet feel the need to find offence in anything. I really do not care what the singers do but there is obviously a problem and if everyone is to stop moaning about it then those are the only solutions apparent to me. Just because these boys, I assume you are one, create atmosphere does not mean they can demand anything they want. From what I gather IHE does not go to home matches but he is on here demanding that people who have spent hundreds of pounds per year to sit in seats they have held for years to make way for people who could very well just turn up on the day every now and again just because it suits his agenda is f**king stupid. You guys knew you were moving to the section adjacent to the family section are you all so f**king thick that you thought you could sing what you want without people becoming offended, especially parents of young children? If you don't like the complaints then do something about it and move. OR self steward yourselves and elect a leader who can lead the chants and rein in any rogue chants which start up.

Two choices can solve this problem, tone down the songs or **** off to the West stand.

Why don't you if you don't like the songs :nanananana:

Now, that remark was meant in jest, but in all seriousness why is it always those who sing that have to be moved!

Section G is now infamous with the ICT crowds as being the place to be for atmosphere at home games. Why, therefore, can the 'majority' not give in to the 'minority' for once and give the section G lads support rather than a negative tag.

I know most the time they bring it on themselves, but perhaps if people supported them and joined in, there'd be alot more mutual respect.

I don't claim to be one of the section G lads, but I certainly aint a sweet rustler either.

• Agree 1

Tone down the songs or feck aff - a wee bit contradictory. :rotflmao::rotflmao:

In what way? People on here are suggesting I should give up my seat to accommodate others, those needing to be accommodated can feck off else where to find a seat, or tone down the language and put up with the complaints. I have no problem with what I am hearing but other people do, I will not be forced to move for either the singers or those people who find offence in the smallest of issues, IF someone has to be moved it should be the singers.