Singing Section

The Section G hardcore will be home from school soon , I'd get my tin hat now if I were you AndyM :tongueincheek:

Very true.

I have no objection to most the stuff coming from them, in fact I would tolerate anything they come out with under normal circumstances but after reading this thread and realising that my quality of seat and price I pay is under threat just because some adolescents can't control themselves then I may just decide to protect it by writing to the club and discussing it with them, after all not one person on this message board has it within their power to change allocated areas of the stadium without discussions with the club. If it is being suggested to the club by the singers and their followers that I should be moved along with the rest of the family section I may as well put my case to the club first.

ICT are the only Premier League side that doesn't have casuals I think these lads have watched the Football Factory and are trying to mimic the actions of Danny Dyer etc .

rotflmao.gifrotflmao.gifrotflmao.gifrotflmao.gifrotflmao.gifrotflmao.gif

More like Gumbo from ID, get your tools out Gumbo.

SECTION GUMBO ICT's finest.

0.jpg

Edited by AndyM

ICT are the only Premier League side that doesn't have casuals I think these lads have watched the Football Factory and are trying to mimic the actions of Danny Dyer etc .

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

More like Gumbo from ID, get your tools out Gumbo.

SECTION GUMBO ICT's finest.

0.jpg

Section Gumbo :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

"On a side note it would be great if more people joined in with the 'Section G lads' songs."

I'm sure they would if they were less offensive or intimidating words used.

If people walked up the High Street and shouted some of the things chanted at a football match they would be arrested, same should apply in the stadium.

I can swear with the best of them, but when the words are used in an agressive/intimidating manner then expect some folk to be put off by it.

Spot on.

I'm not suggesting that people should be encouranged to sing tunes that are a bit close to the bone. Maybe I'm going a bit deaf at the ripe old age of 30 but the vast majority of songs sung that I hear are not offensive, but few seem to get involved with these either.

Having formerly lived in Glasgow for 8 years I've seen / heard far worse in the street!

Apoligies if i've quoted this wrong, just decided to end my lurking!

The Section G hardcore will be home from school soon , I'd get my tin hat now if I were you AndyM :tongueincheek:

Very true.

I have no objection to most the stuff coming from them, in fact I would tolerate anything they come out with under normal circumstances but after reading this thread and realising that my quality of seat and price I pay is under threat just because some adolescents can't control themselves then I may just decide to protect it by writing to the club and discussing it with them, after all not one person on this message board has it within their power to change allocated areas of the stadium without discussions with the club. If it is being suggested to the club by the singers and their followers that I should be moved along with the rest of the family section I may as well put my case to the club first.

As far as I see it nobody from the back of section G has been on here demanding that you and everybody else that sit in the same area as you do move seats

I'm not suggesting that people should be encouranged to sing tunes that are a bit close to the bone. Maybe I'm going a bit deaf at the ripe old age of 30 but the vast majority of songs sung that I hear are not offensive, but few seem to get involved with these either.

Having formerly lived in Glasgow for 8 years I've seen / heard far worse in the street!

It is only the vast minority of songs which there are a problem with, eg Dougie Imrie paedophile, the Famine song and some others Cut these out and everyone is happy.

As far as I see it nobody from the back of section G has been on here demanding that you and everybody else that sit in the same area as you do move seats

It would help if the club could arrange to move the family section away from the singing section so that there is less of a chance for causing offence. Perhaps a covering could be fixed over the, at present, uncovered seating area and the family section moved into that area.

Jaggie1994 it has been suggested and that is where my problem lies, then folk like yourself chirp up and add to the discussion taking it deeper than it ever needed to go. Why should I be moved to a worse view to accommodate the singers and the fact that sometimes they might come out with an offensive song no matter how rare an occasion that might be?

It is only the vast minority of songs which there are a problem with, eg Dougie Imrie paedophile, the Famine song and some others Cut these out and everyone is happy.

It would help if the club could arrange to move the family section away from the singing section so that there is less of a chance for causing offence. Perhaps a covering could be fixed over the, at present, uncovered seating area and the family section moved into that area.

Jaggie1994 it has been suggested and that is where my problem lies, then folk like yourself chirp up and add to the discussion taking it deeper than it ever needed to go. Why should I be moved to a worse view to accommodate the singers and the fact that sometimes they might come out with an offensive song no matter how rare an occasion that might be?

I have never said that you should be moved. In my first post that I made I said that I don't think you should be as you have bought that seat and it has been yours for however long it has been.

So 1 person has suggested it then. If every idea happened because one person thought it would be a good idea would mean we would live a an even more ****** up world than we already do

Regarding the famine song did they not get found not guilty?

I have never said that you should be moved. In my first post that I made I said that I don't think you should be as you have bought that seat and it has been yours for however long it has been.

So 1 person has suggested it then. If every idea happened because one person thought it would be a good idea would mean we would live a an even more ****** up world than we already do

I never said you did say that I should be moved.

Regarding the famine song the Sheriff said that he had no doubt the song was sung but it could not be proved who sung it.

Now just because you and you alone cannot read and understand what I have said many times I am off to write an email to the club with my concerns about the language and content of some songs coming from the section next to the family section. They are duty bound to answer my concerns, you can deal with any flack from section gumbo about over stewarding.

I never said you did say that I should be moved.

Regarding the famine song the Sheriff said that he had no doubt the song was sung but it could not be proved who sung it.

Now just because you and you alone cannot read and understand what I have said many times I am off to write an email to the club with my concerns about the language and content of some songs coming from the section next to the family section. They are duty bound to answer my concerns, you can deal with any flack from section gumbo about over stewarding.

Do you not think that the people who are actually sitting in the family section would have complained if they were annoyed about any swears than anybody in the ground may have shouted (not just the people in section G) Im sure they dont need you to do it for them and Im also sure that you dont even know if the majority of the people in the family section are offended by what people may shout out during a game

Do you not honestly think that a person with your strong beliefs would be better off in the main stand ?

Nope, I am very happy where I am, the view is great, the atmosphere is superb and that is my point. I am happy and people are suggesting that the family section are moved so that the singers can do what they like, the singers are happy and do not need to move they just need to change a couple of their songs, what is the problem?

Why can't the singers sing without the offensive lyrics? They have some great songs and chants for everyone to get involved with.

Offensive lyrics ? Andy, im with you on the use of the c word but appart from the dougie imire song, what other offensive songs can you think of

Do you not think that the people who are actually sitting in the family section would have complained if they were annoyed about any swears than anybody in the ground may have shouted (not just the people in section G) Im sure they dont need you to do it for them and Im also sure that you dont even know if the majority of the people in the family section are offended by what people may shout out during a game

1 I sit in the family section, I am entitled to my opinion and to voice my concerns.

2 If you had read and understood that A/ I am not overly concerned normally but as someone has made the suggestion that the family section is moved it then becomes my concern B/ I was asking Kilda why the family section should be moved not you then we would not be discussing this now.

Dan the Dougie Imrie songs, the famine song, and any other which may arise.

Edited by AndyM

1 I sit in the family section, I am entitled to my opinion and to voice my concerns.

2 If you had read and understood that A/ I am not overly concerned normally but as someone has made the suggestion that the family section is moved it then becomes my concern B/ I was asking Kilda why the family section should be moved not you then we would not be discussing this now.

Dan the Dougie Imrie songs, the famine song, and any other which may arise.

Sorry I got the impression that you were in section G. I really don't see the family section getting moved

Sorry I got the impression that you were in section G. I really don't see the family section getting moved

Well if you would read what was written and try to understand why it was written then there would be no need for tempers to become raised and I would not have possibly instigated action from the club which may well see section gumbo become the focus of heavy handed stewarding in the future.

I think the whole thing with this moving seats carry on is this. It has been apparent for the last couple of years that section G is where we all sing, this was made especially apparent at the tail end of last season. Surely people in close proximity to this (aside from the family section) should have had the foresight that it would be the same this season and could have bought their new season ticket over summer in a different place if they are not happy with it. I guess there are a lot who did but judging by the reactions here and at the game's there are some of the mentality that 'I was here first' , well that may be so but it doesn't mean anythings going to change just because its the turn of a new season.

I think the whole thing with this moving seats carry on is this. It has been apparent for the last couple of years that section G is where we all sing, this was made especially apparent at the tail end of last season. Surely people in close proximity to this (aside from the family section) should have had the foresight that it would be the same this season and could have bought their new season ticket over summer in a different place if they are not happy with it. I guess there are a lot who did but judging by the reactions here and at the game's there are some of the mentality that 'I was here first' , well that may be so but it doesn't mean anythings going to change just because its the turn of a new season.

Not at all, there was a suggestion by one poster IHE that section G should be cleared of season ticket holders and the seating made unreserved, there was a suggestion from one poster Kilda that the family section should be moved so that any offensive songs would not affect young children. What season ticket holders are getting worked up about is the suggestion they should move, nothing else. Examples of why they should be moved are being argued over a bit too hotly but it all boils down to the fact that existing season ticket holders should not be forcibly removed from their current seats.

Not at all, there was a suggestion by one poster IHE that section G should be cleared of season ticket holders and the seating made unreserved, there was a suggestion from one poster Kilda that the family section should be moved so that any offensive songs would not affect young children. What season ticket holders are getting worked up about is the suggestion they should move, nothing else. Examples of why they should be moved are being argued over a bit too hotly but it all boils down to the fact that existing season ticket holders should not be forcibly removed from their current seats.

not so sure its the children

Another option - what if ya kept yer seat but moved it to another section. There could be something Freudian going on here ??

Andy - did ya have yer own chair at home or school ? and was it often moved to the corner ?? And I presume that yer Dad was the disciplinarian and yer younger siblings got off with murder.

:tongue:

Another option - what if ya kept yer seat but moved it to another section. There could be something Freudian going on here ??

Andy - did ya have yer own chair at home or school ? and was it often moved to the corner ?? And I presume that yer Dad was the disciplinarian and yer younger siblings got off with murder.

:tongue:

FAHKIN love you Gumbo.

Well if you would read what was written and try to understand why it was written then there would be no need for tempers to become raised and I would not have possibly instigated action from the club which may well see section gumbo become the focus of heavy handed stewarding in the future.

I don't know about you but from my point of view things are hardly "heated" it is just people having a debate on the how to give TCS a better atmosphere or no atmosphere the way some people are acting and the fact that because of this thread you are going to write to the club is laughable. You really can't of thought it was that big of a problem if you were never going to do anything before this thread was started and there is really nothing that has been posted on here that would merit such a change of heart.

I believe that i the past that the people who work for caley have said that they hold no responsibility for the actions of the people standing at the back of section G and they will not try and control them or something along those lines

• Agree 1

I believe that i the past that the people who work for caley have said that they hold no responsibility for the actions of the people standing at the back of section G and they will not try and control them or something along those lines

This paragraph proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are an idiot who has no idea of the law of the land.