Singing Section

This paragraph proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are an idiot who has no idea of the law of the land.

The feeling is mutual

I never realised there were so many Gumbos amongst our support.

This is the first time i felt the need to post as i've only been a reader of this forum previously

I agree with AndyM wholeheartedly that a minority of songs sung by these morons in section G are disgraceful

I was disgusted to hear fellow fans churn out the bile as they did V Hamilton

Any repeat of this at the next home game then i'm definitely going to report the culprits to the nearest member of the northern constabulary

Yeh in the end they really do only want to get behind the team! And yes some of the language on Saturday was almost pathetic and Not-Needed but it is normally ok! The atmosphere is great when they sing and everyone else joins in like in the last quarter of the game on Saturday!

Some of the chants were taken too far when looking back. But thats what happens in football.

Section G is where the noise is. And unless more join in thats where it will be confined to. Though, to be fair, there was a lot of people joining in at the start of the game!

Edited by DornochCaley

Some of the chants were taken too far when looking back. But thats what happens in football. Andy, you must be a real dour ******* if you never shouted something like that in the heat of the moment back in your younger days.

Section G is where the noise is. And unless more join in thats where it will be confined to. Though, to be fair, there was a lot of people joining in at the start of the game!

You're up late considering its a school night:thumbdown:

• Disagree 2

This is the first time i felt the need to post as i've only been a reader of this forum previously

I agree with AndyM wholeheartedly that a minority of songs sung by these morons in section G are disgraceful

I was disgusted to hear fellow fans churn out the bile as they did V Hamilton

Any repeat of this at the next home game then i'm definitely going to report the culprits to the nearest member of the northern constabulary

If people are swearing at Easter Road a week on Saturday, will you be reporting them to Lothian and Borders?

Some of the chants were taken too far when looking back. But thats what happens in football. Andy, you must be a real dour ******* if you never shouted something like that in the heat of the moment back in your younger days.

You're up late considering its a school night:thumbdown:

Yes, i know. Mummy doesn't know im up. Please don't tell her. I might get grounded.

Yes i have no qualms whatsoever reporting them to any Police force in Scotland

Get a grip. Being racist, ok. Swearing ect? Maybe watching under 7s football is more your style?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Yes i have no qualms whatsoever reporting them to any Police force in Scotland

Think thats absolutely ridiculous, violence, personal threats, go for it. Chanting? You're away with it min!!

I don't mind the chanting its the content of the chanting that bothers me

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Andy M

I want the club to have a singing section and I equally and just as, perhaps even more, importantly believe the club should have a family section.

The moving of the family section was only a suggestion. I don't think that I was suggesting that people should be forced to move. That is why I suggested some system was set up to allow people who were offended to move their seats. In fact I was thinking that that might be helpful for people who might find themselves sitting away from pals, singing or non singing. The idea of moving the family section was to allow parents to exercise discretion on what their youngsters may be exposed to. I am also aware that any solution to our problem would not please everybody.

In my case I don't even sit in that area of the stadium but I do recognise the importance of a vocal home support. You are right that some of the singing is unacceptable and sometimes gets out hand and that you have not complained about it, finding it acceptable for your children to be exposed to, most of the time. Most of the singing is not offensive and sometimes even humorous. Unfortunately and very occasionally some of the chanting becomes unacceptable and unfit for general consumption, never mind impressionable young children. It does after all only take one moron, surrounded by several easily led youths, to change the character of the singing and bring it down to unacceptable levels and we along with most clubs have our share of juvenile idiots.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

The more I read these posts, the more I genuinely believe the club needs to introduce a 'quiet section', say section A of the north stand. In sincereity, how do you put up with the chants, singing etc of the away fans Dougal?

:laugh: They do have a quiet section, its in Inverness library, a neighbor popped in there on a match day and told me that there was a row of people at a table wearing ICT scarfs and he was told to sush, not only for creaking the door too loudly as he came in but for screaming aaaagh ya ba***rding f**king c**t ya ! when he caught his thumb in the door. He told me the library had to bin their seats in the end, as they couldnt get the stains out.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

IHE - in post no 39 - how could you call me a grouchy old git!!!! We used to be such pals!!!??? but the next time we have a hug, you better watch out! You might get more than you bargain for? Oh, what a stir-up, all over chants last Saturday and the over-use of the "c" word. And, you weren't even there....

ps. I have no need for a pakamac or tartan rug in Section G but admit to having a lovely pink fleece to aid my comfort in the cold winter games! Maybe IHE should try to keep me warmer? but no - he doesn't like our home games!

Andy M

I want the club to have a singing section and I equally and just as, perhaps even more, importantly believe the club should have a family section.

The moving of the family section was only a suggestion. I don't think that I was suggesting that people should be forced to move. That is why I suggested some system was set up to allow people who were offended to move their seats. In fact I was thinking that that might be helpful for people who might find themselves sitting away from pals, singing or non singing. The idea of moving the family section was to allow parents to exercise discretion on what their youngsters may be exposed to. I am also aware that any solution to our problem would not please everybody.

In my case I don't even sit in that area of the stadium but I do recognise the importance of a vocal home support. You are right that some of the singing is unacceptable and sometimes gets out hand and that you have not complained about it, finding it acceptable for your children to be exposed to, most of the time. Most of the singing is not offensive and sometimes even humorous. Unfortunately and very occasionally some of the chanting becomes unacceptable and unfit for general consumption, never mind impressionable young children. It does after all only take one moron, surrounded by several easily led youths, to change the character of the singing and bring it down to unacceptable levels and we along with most clubs have our share of juvenile idiots.

I think I know who you mean . Thought he didn't make many home games though :tongueincheek:

For the most part I think the majority of people appreciate the efforts of those in and around Section G. I also think that we finally reached a certain level of understanding between that area and the club in regards to what was acceptable and what was crossing the line last season.

What I do worry about is that some within that group will seek to take the piss and push the limits to the point where it will be spoiled for everyone. A situation arose before where one or two were dragging the whole group down with their language and actions and it seems, from my own observations, that there's a danger of that happening again.

Nobody on this thread has (seriously) suggested that people should sit quietly but some of the songs/chants aimed at Imrie crossed the line.

My suggestion for those at the back of Section G....take heed of what has been said in regards such songs/chants and apply a bit of a sensibility check on yourselves before the club/stewards/police are forced to make an example of someone in order to get the point across and all the work that has been done in finding the happy medium is undone by one or two idiots.

My suggestion for the (partially justified) dissenters....get some better fitting underwear and stop getting your knickers in a twist and/or blowing things out of proportion. One ill judged song/chant every once in a blue moon is not the end of the world or cause to tar a whole section of the support in the manner which you do. If you yourself are offended, then fair enough, speak up and let people know, but can we please stop with all this bollocks where you seem to get offended on behalf of others. Worry about yourself and if others are offended then leave it up to them to raise the matter themselves.

• Agree 2

For the most part I think the majority of people appreciate the efforts of those in and around Section G. I also think that we finally reached a certain level of understanding between that area and the club in regards to what was acceptable and what was crossing the line last season.

What I do worry about is that some within that group will seek to take the **** and push the limits to the point where it will be spoiled for everyone. A situation arose before where one or two were dragging the whole group down with their language and actions and it seems, from my own observations, that there's a danger of that happening again.

That is the main point, Section Gumbo have been fine up until Saturday but they seem to think they can get away with what they want, they can't there are laws to protect people who do not want to listen to the bile they are capable of.

My suggestion for those at the back of Section G....take heed of what has been said in regards such songs/chants and apply a bit of a sensibility check on yourselves before the club/stewards/police are forced to make an example of someone in order to get the point across and all the work that has been done in finding the happy medium is undone by one or two idiots.

They have not learned, even though people have been dragged through the courts, banned for chanting abuse at stewards and removed from the ground for failing to follow the regulations.

My suggestion for the (partially justified) dissenters....get some better fitting underwear and stop getting your knickers in a twist and/or blowing things out of proportion. One ill judged song/chant every once in a blue moon is not the end of the world or cause to tar a whole section of the support in the manner which you do. If you yourself are offended, then fair enough, speak up and let people know, but can we please stop with all this bollocks where you seem to get offended on behalf of others. Worry about yourself and if others are offended then leave it up to them to raise the matter themselves.

My suggestion is that section Gumbo stick within the rules, there is a complaint in the system now and I would expect that stewarding of matches would reflect this. As you said earlier concessions were made to section Gumbo so that they could create the atmosphere they want but these concessions, which bend the stadium rules, were not enough for them and they want to push the boundaries as far as possible. Section Gumbo do not run the stadium, they are not the only fans there, everyone else obeys the rules and so should they. There has already been one complaint made due to the attitude of people on here when concerns were raised why would anyone consider speaking up now to have their concerns ridiculed like mine were? No more speaking up here, straight to the club to complain now I think.