Simon (Sam) MacLennan

Thorfinn

Very, very long shot this....but it's family legend that my Dad, Simon (usually Sam) MacLennan played briefly for caley in the early 'Fifties. Don't know anything else, I'm afraid, except that he was left-footed (like me), stocky in build and curly black hair...like about a hundred thousand other Highlanders!

He used to take me to games at Telford Park in the 'Sixties and early 'Seventies, he died in '72 at the age of 52 so he'd have been in his late twenties/early thirties when playing. Sadly, his hopes for me to continue the footballing tradition were not to be...

Any sniff of recognition would be received with gratitude!

Cheers

Thorfinn

I started watching Caley, as a small boy, in about 1950. I still can tell you all of Caley's all conquering side of 51/52, and there was no MacLennan in that. Could he have been slightly earlier? Or even later, as I certainly can't remember everyone who played following their great 51/52 side. But the name unfortunately rings no bells with me.

Talking of that great 51/52 side, there were certainly one or two players in that side who would not be out of place in ICT's current SPL side. But perhaps that could be another thread - Highland league players from before ICT days who we would like to see in the current squad!