ICT Online since 1994

ICTPaisley

Circa 2000 for me I think. Bronson told me of the site as there other Southern based fans looking to car share. This meant I meant Jill and Seoras and it all carried on from there. It has meant meeting great people and being able to get as many people together as possible. One of the best was the league cup game at Celtic when we took over the downstairs of the Celtic Supporters Club. I made a great trade in horns and t-shirts. Wouldn't have been possible without the site.

Keep up the good work. :ictscarf:

I originally joined as Stevie (Argyll) around 2003.

I'd just been up in Inverness for a wee holiday and I joined the site basically to say how much I'd enjoyed the game I'd attended (ICT 1-0 QOS)

I am first and foremost a Scotland fan, and after my visit, decided to make Inverness my club. I should stress that I had always had a big soft spot for Caledonian because my family had been regular visitors to Inverness in the late 60's staying with my uncle Hamish Campbell who was an accountant with Macrae & Dick,and he would regularly take me to Telford Street.

I genuinly think CTO is a really good site, full of good folk and good craic. When you visit some of the other sites to view whats happening, it's a real eye opener !

Credit to Scotty and his team, and of course the vast majority of the members for making it a relitively abuse free place. :twothumbsup:

Great thread this.

We first purchased one of these new computer things around Christmas '98 I think. It was my eldest lad (Techno Gringo) that found a Caley web site so I had a look, as you do. I signed the guestbook and mentioned that we were coming up from Coventry Nil (don't think it was Coventry Nil at the time as they were managing to score... :biggrin: ) for a game . Scotty responded to the post and seemed amazed that anyone would travel that far to see Caley play. He invited us to go along to the Caley Inn before or after the game for a beer and chat. We went in after the game for a quick drink...the quick drink, I believe, lasted most of the evening. It was here that I met Scotty, Big Stu, Calum and Dom (whatever happened to him, he was always with Calum) and also Don and Bridget who owned the small pub. The Caley Inn at that time only used the small bar downstairs. Further trips to games always started at the Caley Inn and many site users met here before and after games. From here many a friendship has grown and also CTO has provided a long list of great times and yet more friends. I had the pleasure of meeting many CTO users over the years and have also been on many social outings outwith football. Over the years with more and more users finding the forum it came to light that I wasn't the only visitor from afar and a few were found in the English Midlands. Get together's were made in Brum with Mr & Mrs Paulibee and King Beastie which caused many a sore head. CTO has been a great roller coaster of a ride and its a real pleasure to be part of it. Long may it continue and long may friendships be made.

CTO Certainly has alot to answer for :-)

The E&WMBICTFCSCC (East & West Midlands Branch of Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club Supporters Club, Club) was born because of this site - We even went to the 'Bee-hive' to watch the Rangers match then sang to a Hearts fan at a German Beer Market in the middle of Birmingham... Surreal hey?!

CTO is responsible for many other things also. The Highland March for one - Something I hold close to my heart and enjoy dearly. Through HM and CTO, I met my wife (aka MarcAndCourtneysMum/CuteCaleyChick/MrsJnr).

So many stories to tell, so little time.

• Agree 1

Loving this thread! I have been on this forum since 2001/2002ish, a friend told me about it and i have been a regular viewer since then, dont post as much as before - first time i can recall meeting folf like Seoras and Govan Jaggie was in the Celtic supporters club before the league cup game, i was wearing the old "I Really 8 Ross County" shirt :-)

I've made lots of lifetime friends through this site so long may it continue.

Well done to Scotty,Don and the 350 other moderators ;-)

First online around the Div 2 playoff time April/May 99 ? no idea of the website though. Name has always been the same as far as I can remember and reflects where the bulk of my attendance has been ? can remember going to max of 4 games at TCS and maybe 2 or 3 at Pittodrie (excluding the Dunfermline cup replay) but going to nearly all of the away games Div 1 & SPL. My posts have dried up somewhat as has my attendance at games ? last home game saw us beat Hibs 3-0, last away game saw Prunty score in 89th min for a draw... not been back since

Met a few of you at away games, a few of you at the really poor fans SPL show on STV with Sarah O and got the bus with a few of you to a game at Tannadice where we all ended up sitting on the road outside ? can?t remember why.

Looking forward to returning one day and until then I enjoy keeping up to date with everything via the site which is a must read for me nearly every day.

24-October 08 I did check in now and then to see the topic of the day and also check match reports, Since joining I have made some vertual friends and enjoy the odd bit of banter, I had some time out of the site in pre season to get my head round what a rollercoster the last few seasons, and other health reasons, Its an awsome wee site with some great wee topics running, I have to remind myself sometimes however that i was young once n need to grow up sometimes haha. MON the :ictscarf:

the mods do a very hard job and do it for free to hats off peeps.:twothumbsup:

I was a member here well before I went to Uni in 2002, so I think it must've been around 2000/2001 when I joined.

My favourite thing is the people I have met and the days and nights out I've had with them, as mentioned by The Gringo's the days out in Birmingham are a great example (do you guys remember the time in Leicester when Scotland beat Englnad in the 6 nations? Man was I hungover the next day!). My post on the thread regarding Caley Ally is a good example of some of the genuine friends I have made through this site and thier kindness / friendship. My first ever post resulted in an argument between IHE and me! We've got on well ever since! (I was even at his 60th birthday in Dumfries for the QOS game!! :nanananana: )

I met Roger (Govan Jaggie) via this site and we're now more likely to meet up for a Friday / Saturday night out than to go to an ICT game, again another example of a good friendship courtesy of CTO online!

Credit to Scotty, Don, etc. - some of the cr@p they've had to put up with I certainly wouldn't have, they've obviously more patience than me! (you miserable bunch of moaning, ungrateful, whining, negative cnuts...) <---How to make more friends on CTO!

My favourite thing is the people I have met and the days and nights out I've had with them, as mentioned by The Gringo's the days out in Birmingham are a great example (do you guys remember the time in Leicester when Scotland beat Englnad in the 6 nations? Man was I hungover the next day!).

No mate, don't remember a thing...who are you anyway? :nanananana:

post-8-003938000 1283792203_thumb.jpg

post-8-010186300 1283792225_thumb.jpg

post-8-087695600 1283792244_thumb.jpg

Super Sub

Group:05: Full Members

so says the wee bit at the side anyway,but who am i to argue with the internet.in all honesty it sounds about right and to be honest i am happy i joined..this site is a godsend when im out of the country and i have have had many ups and downs through it... high points like hearing how we have beaten the Arabs 4-0 away to hearing how we have got to european teams coming to tcs for pre season friendlies when i am stuck 8500 miles away

I'm pretty sure I had been reading the site since 01/02, but only joined in about 03/04-ish - you can tell by the username, which came from the most used phrase I heard at Caley during the 2003/04 season...and I swear, he WAS always flipping offside...and he ran like a duck! (Worth it all, though, for the winner he scored at Clyde).

I miss Rivals, back then Livi, Clyde and Ayr were the teams to beat, it was so easy to go between all the other clubs websites. My strongest memory from the rivals days was actually on livilions, I posted more there than I ever did on our page. I remember coming 3rd on the LiviLions tipster competition by about 10 points (out of about 400 odd, went down to a tie break) even though I didnt enter it until after the first month had passed, it won me a subscription to their fanzine. I think there were 2 weekends in a row where I predicted 4 out of 5 correct scores for the first division games and took nothing but stick for it as I was too young to gamble, so must've been 1999.

I think it was around 1999/2000 for me, that's when I first got the internet at home, I must've signed up around the start of the season we beat Celtic for the first time as I remember coming on to vent about the first game being called off.

I've had a quiet couple of years on the site being a bit older and wiser busier now but back when I was part of the Young Team going to most games and on here everyday, I loved nothing more than spending the afternoons winding people up and picking apart posts word for word to prove what a smartarse I was. Was all for a good cause I think..?! I did manage to bring Bobby Manns other half onto the boards and took a hell of alot of flack over Charlie Christie, which looking back was ridiculous given how these forums and the internet in general have integrated into everybodies conscientious. Back then people were coming on and blaming the INTERNET for things that I was saying, just wouldnt happen anymore, the value of individual posters opinions is utterly worthless these days given that almost everybody in the UK has a Facebook page/forum and 24/7 mobile access.

In other words, the web has been totally diluted with so much tripe that any controversial or iffy opinion that somebody doesnt agree with, can be dismissed purely because it was posted online and thus has become the tripe mentioned, regardless of its legitimacy.

Clacher_Holiday2

ENJOYING A DECADE OF BEING RIGHT

Edited by clacher_holiday2

I discovered CTO just at the tail end of the Rivals.net days, joined up there and then we moved a couple of weeks later. Originally posted under BigD/Don.

Had a few suspensions and a ban from Sportnetwork before life events forced me out of the picture for a couple of seasons and I then returned as CaleyD, managed to wangle a mod position and from there went on to co-develop the first "stand alone" version of CTO with Scotty when the site effectively outgrew Sportnetwork and could no longer provide the facilities we wanted in order to develop the site and take it to the next level.

CTO is kinda going through it's next major transition at the moment on the non-forum side of things and hopefully things continue to develop as we seek to increase the amount of user content.

CTO has certainly grown and developed over the years, hopefully that has been largely in line with the wants/needs of the majority of users. Some of it has been better than others and some of it has been a "necessary evil". We haven't always got it right but I like to think that CTO has never been afraid of change or pushing the envelope and has been the better for it.

I've had my fair share of disagreements with people over the years but, apart from one, would happily enjoy a pre/post match pint with anyone on here...and have done so on many occasions. Good experiences as a result of CTO certainly outweigh the bad and long may it continue.

I first joined around 2001. I vividly remember being on the website at the time when the news of the 9/11 attacks came through on the TV. Incidently that was the same day that ICT beat Albion Rovers in the cup as I remember travelling through from Edinburgh to watch the match that evening and listening to updates on the radio all the way.

I've been part of the site since the earliest days and remember drinking in the Caley Inn.

I too have met many good friends through this site - Seoras, King Beastie, Ihe, The gringo clan, Big stuart, Scotty Callum and Jill, The Coias, The itn clan, John Kelly and many many others.

I can't pin a year down as to when I started using the internet sites. Maybe 2002 or 3ish.

I have met some great folk through this site, and the sportsnetwork site. I am a middle of the road poster most times, and for my sins I was asked if I would be able to help out with the moderating. It probably boiled down to the fact I was on the site more often than not, so was around when some bad boys came along. It's a bit like playing cricket for the 2nd Eleven............you get a game if you have a car.

It has been an entertaining few years and the pluses outway the minuses.

I have also been frogmarched tasked into chief editor...........It's great telling schoolteachers what to write. Hopefully, now that we have a few guys offering their services, you can enjoy some varied previews/reports, that always keeps the site fresh.

Anyway, well done Scotty & Don for keeping the site going. I only have to add some sentences, you guys have life sentences.