Melville / Dundee / 25pt Deduction

ymip

In P and J today too, Suspended from being the MD and resigned from his job, along with his brother. Wonder if he will resign from Dundee and leave them up that smelly creek.

No suprise, a Dons fan I ken said there was summitt rang we him, nae Aberdonian whaz made their money legally spendz it!!!!!

• Agree 1

In P and J today too, Suspended from being the MD and resigned from his job, along with his brother. Wonder if he will resign from Dundee and leave them up that smelly creek.

No suprise, a Dons fan I ken said there was summitt rang we him, nae Aberdonian whaz made their money legally spendz it!!!!!

:clapoverhead::rotflmao:

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I struggle to get any sympathy worked up for Dundee. Sure, a lot of clubs are having difficulties but this club just doesn't seem to learn it's lesson. It's always all-or-nothing for them. No slow progress, eventually building up to a decent SPL squad, then attracting investment to go further. Perhaps it's time they were put out of their misery.

I wouldn't wish a club's demise on any fans, well obviously the old firm but that kind of goes without saying :smile:

The problem with Dundee is that they never, ever seem to learn. It's just one dodgy regime after another in the hot seat at Dens. Angus Cook, Ron Dixon, Giovanni di Stefano, The Marr Brothers, and now Melville have all lead the Dees fans down the garden path and promoted reckless spending in the pursuit of abject mediocrity.

I honestly hope DFC survive this latest debacle but fear this could push them ever nearer the edge. What odds a merger or at the very least a shared stadium in Dundee?

Edited by ymip

To add to their woes, Jocky's Scott's legal case against Dundee starts this week.

Someone was telling me BTW that Jocky now works as a delivery man for a florist. If I can find out which one it is, I might arrange for them (ie Jocky) to deliver a wreath to Dens with the message "Wha's in charge?!"

• Agree 3

To add to their woes, Jocky's Scott's legal case against Dundee starts this week.

Someone was telling me BTW that Jocky now works as a delivery man for a florist. If I can find out which one it is, I might arrange for them (ie Jocky) to deliver a wreath to Dens with the message "Wha's in charge?!"

:laugh: :laugh:

Would he not burn the flowers with his Jetpack?

Hi SFL2, hiya pal.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:11 AM

I see another Gretna on the horizon.

I rest my case.

It is ashame to see it happen to Dundee but as its been said they just never seem to learn.

No sympathy at all! Their board and fans deserve everything they get. They try to buy a league and end up with the likes of Hart and Kerr. Sack a manager whilst top of the league, great sense! Enjoy the challenge cup being the last trophy you ever win!

Seems harsh but so...... true

Its been postponed as Melville was supposed to attend,

I think Dundee will be ok, arent they supposed to be debt free now.

They are in trouble if Melville leaves completely.

I have no sympathy, I contributed to the dee for life fund previously and it angered me watching all their fans getting all cocky when they were attempting to buy the league.

They have not learned and deserve all that comes their way.

A shame on the real, genuine supporters but hey-ho.

NOTW interview with Melville

I feel we are being treated differently from other clubs and I would have thought HMRC has a duty to treat everyone in the same fashion.

The words used were that they 'wanted to bring Dundee to account and bring the rest of Scottish football to heel'.

Dundee FC are in a hole with HMRC. We've been running in arrears with them for 19 months and they are now demanding full payment for the outstanding amount, which is something around ?250,000.

We have offered ?100,000, which has been rejected. I have also offered to pay the full amount in May next year and that has also been rejected.

"There is no question that the club is being used as an example and it has put us in a really difficult place.

"My feeling is that HMRC will write to us in the next week and tell us what their intentions are. There is a very distinct possibility of administration.

"The club has no bank debt and I am certain the club's other benefactors are not looking for their money back imminently, but HMRC is a different kettle of fish and the club is far from out of the woods.

"The sea change in their attitude is the biggest threat to the existence of Dundee. It seems we're a good target for them to go after.

"Perhaps by spending money last year and being higher profile than some of our rivals, it's been easier for us to be singled out

What an absolute disgrace of an interview. Dundee appear to have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on players while owing HMRC ?250,000! Melville appears to be trying to blame HMRC for 'making an example' of Dundee and not giving them any leeway. What a lot of self-pitying nonsense. Try not paying your taxes for a while, then when you get caught offering to play less than half and see what happens.

• Agree 2

and to add injury to insult, those highly paid prima dona gold digga stars got humped at central park cowdenbeath. must be hard to be a dee? bet if they had been promoted they would have spent loads, and been in even biggger trouble this year.

Dont want to see a club with so much good history go out of business, but they must learn to cut the cloth were the budget is concerned. Wonder if those players will take pay cuts or will they leave at the first opportunity.