Easter Road Stewards

Bridge_Ender

The OF fans can sing bigot and sectarian songs and nothing is done. We sing a few offensive songs and they are on our backs.

What was being sung by our fans that was offensive?

Mate... This!!!

HIV CAPITAL

Its pretty brutal. Im all for any minority ripping but that is offensive. The stewys are lucky we were not like this guy. fkin burst him

The OF fans can sing bigot and sectarian songs and nothing is done. We sing a few offensive songs and they are on our backs.

"HIV capital" could be taken offensively.

Hmm, fair point actually. It's more a cheeky wee jibe at Edinburgh being the Gay Capital in the country and HIV being associated with homosexuality. I suppose some people could find offence in it though, but that would mean they're gay themselves surely.. :tongueincheek:

Most of it's just cheeky wee digs though, it's not as if many of us take offense when labelled Sheep Sh*ggers by opposing fans.

The Hibs fans aren't too happy with the way you were treated yesterday either:

Hibs Stewards

See post 20.. :cool:

Seems a few of them have e-mailed their complaints to the club aswell, which is encouraging and highlights just how out of order it was. They will no doubt just get the rule book flung at them, but the point is it should be the same for when the Old Filth visit. They are just victimising ICT fans as we are an easier target for them.

Hmm, fair point actually. It's more a cheeky wee jibe at Edinburgh being the Gay Capital in the country and HIV being associated with homosexuality. I suppose some people could find offence in it though, but that would mean they're gay themselves surely.. :tongueincheek:

Most of it's just cheeky wee digs though, it's not as if many of us take offense when labelled Sheep Sh*ggers by opposing fans.

I hear you. BUT We are not sheep shaggers its funny cause its not true. But edinburger fans do have aids. Offensive

• Agree 1

Well today was utterly ridicolous. One of my friends got arrested, at 15, for chanting at one of the security guards in particular. I can not beleie how ridsiclous they were. If we were to sit down, why aren't they?

maybe im getting old but what do you expect. thats just stupid

I hear you. BUT We are not sheep shaggers its funny cause its not true. But edinburger fans do have aids. Offensive

I agree.

sheepshagger is a joke as I don't think anyone could shag a sheep.

There is more heterosexual people with HIV than homosexuals.

And it can be quiet serious indeed.

Edited by MissICT
  • Disagree 1

My first post! Used to go to matcheS for a number of years and now able to go to more so will be using this site more often........

I thought the reaction fae the stewards / police was ridiculous... yes the longer the police stood there (blocking peoples views) the more the fans would wind them up...but the police were the ones instigating it. Hibees were standing but nothing was done. The police created the problem and i thought our fans were fantastic.. don't think any one was out of line despite the victimisation from the police... we have the best supports in the SPL in terms of behaviour and lack of sectarian songs. I think the Caley fans should be proud of themselves!

Is it worth, as many folk as possible complaining to Lothian and Borders Police?

I'll take a wild guess here...............you stay in Polwarth and have your ICT scarf in your window. :ponder:

I think old Granville in his day would have begged to differ.

Great stadium, good facilities, good football and still I left the ground unhappy. I will not be going back to Easter Road.

The stewarding of the game was a disgrace. Yes young fans and IHE, were standing and singing, yes the HIV song was OTT and yes there was the odd swear word but nothing that was malicious or likely to cause trouble. One fan was kicked out for describing a steward, very accurately in my opinion, this steward was indeed rotund and had no record of his father. This particular steward made it very clear that he was only there to intimidate young boys who on the whole, were behaving well. If that steward behaved in this manner at any other venue he himself would have been ejected, at best, or arrested and charged with a public order offence.

.:tuttut:

The stewarding was way over the top and if this is continued then hibs will get fewer and fewer visitors, less attendance money and an atmosphere not unlike the one to be found at TCS.

No wonder that the Hibs fans are outraged, who wants that at their stadium?

:ictscarf:

Edited by kilda

Its fukin hilarious!

The amount of abuse we took from overzealous policing, yet I can still smoke 3 ciggys at the game and no one noticed. ................... Im going to Grahams right now to buy some flares and lets really give them something to complain about! Ill enjoy a night in the hamilton cells!

A word to the wise, the police have a team of officers dedicated to football hooliganism and that post will now be flagged. A chance to justify some more overtime for fellow officers?

Just sit down and shut up. You're there to watch the football not create an atmosphere. :tongueincheek:

• Agree 1

Great stadium, good facilities, good football and still I left the ground unhappy. I will not be going back to Easter Road.

The stewarding of the game was a disgrace. Yes young fans and IHE, were standing and singing, yes the HIV song was OTT and yes there was the odd swear word but nothing that was malicious or likely to cause trouble. One fan was kicked out for describing a steward, very accurately in my opinion, this steward was indeed rotund and had no record of his father. This particular steward made it very clear that he was only there to intimidate young boys who on the whole, were behaving well. If that steward behaved in this manner at any other venue he himself would have been ejected, at best, or arrested and charged with a public order offence.

.:tuttut:

The stewarding was way over the top and if this is continued then hibs will get fewer and fewer visitors, less attendance money and an atmosphere not unlike the one to be found at TCS.

No wonder that the Hibs fans are outraged, who wants that at their stadium?

:ictscarf:

Really again! I want to make this clear. What do you expect if you "decribe" as you put it. a steward, a copper any man doing his job. If I was working and a customer didnt agree with what the process was and the proceeded to say to me "Mock mock mock" I would ask him to leave and make it clear to him he cant speak to me like that. SIMPLE! No matter the rule. If you agree or dont agree. Be intelligent. Im not here to condemn fans actions im just saying be wise.

Really again! I want to make this clear. What do you expect if you "decribe" as you put it. a steward, a copper any man doing his job. If I was working and a customer didnt agree with what the process was and the proceeded to say to me "Mock mock mock" I would ask him to leave and make it clear to him he cant speak to me like that. SIMPLE! No matter the rule. If you agree or dont agree. Be intelligent. Im not here to condemn fans actions im just saying be wise.

:bullshit:

This was not a man doing his job but an odious bully waiting for an excuse.. Yes the fans in question were pushing at the boundaries but the reaction of the stewards and the police was and I want to make this clear, over the top.

This was not a man doing his job but an odious bully waiting for an excuse.. Yes the fans in question were pushing at the boundaries but the reaction of the stewards and the police was and I want to make this clear, over the top.

You have one thing right. It was over the top. But my point stands, Dont give them an excuse. I Have been schooled enough to know when to sit down a shut up. Unless very drunk ;)

I'm pleased that the Hibs fans feel despondent about this too,

Instead of encouraging away fans to enter their stadium, especially from as far away as Inverness in these difficult times, they would rather resort to intimidating away supporters who do turn up and make them think twice about returning.

This type of overzealous stewarding must be costing Hibernian an absolute fortune in lost revenue.

If Hibernian have any sense regarding this, they should make it publicly known that they are trying to get this resolved and offer the fans which were ejected a refund or a free ticket.

Check out he Hibees bounce for pictures, one poor fan was being talked to by a policeman when all of the ICT fans were standing after Rooney's goal. :annoyed:

After checking the picture again its possible the fan was clapping at the policeman.

Edited by 12th Man

You have one thing right. It was over the top. But my point stands, Dont give them an excuse. I Have been schooled enough to know when to sit down a shut up. Unless very drunk ;)

If we go down the road you are advocating here all football games, excepting those containing a large uncouth and uncontrollable fan group will become totally silent with a few ageing fans politely applauding randomly from time to time. A very unattractive prospect indeed.

Football requires some atmosphere to attract fans and the type of support given by the vast majority of our young fans should be encouraged and not over policed.

It is not our fans who were in the wrong here, it was the stewarding of the crowd that was offencive.