Winamp--how do i make it the default player

Scarlet Pimple

In viewing the highlights from the official site I usually get Windows Media Player, or sometime Real Player yet what I want is Winamp since it seems to be the best purveyor of perfect pictures.

Problem is I can't remember how to select Winamp as the default player on my system.. Just put it down to Oldtimer's Alzheimers or something but, c,mon, you get these lapses as well from time to time don't you? Ihope you can help?

P.S. I wonder why are the highlights of the Hibs match not up on the site when the BBC has them on their webpage, but Overseas viewers cannot access them--of course. I a looking every day, I am Scotty, I am...... :rolleyes:

Does not work. Right clicking on Winamp displays the menue with many options available but that is not one of them.

However, I clicked on Start, Control panel, Add/Remove and there was what I was looking for to the left of the list of programmes displayed. Choose "Access/ Defaults". I just knew it was there somewhere.

So I selected Winamp as the default video player and it seemed to work.

Try this .....

You should have two options.

1. You can choose audio file, right click on it and then click Open With. In the dialog box choose WinAmp and check ?Always use the selected program to open this kind of file?. Click OK and WinAmp will be default player for chosen audio file type.

2. Press CTRL+P while WinAmp is running and choose file types to associate to WinAmp.