Adam Rooneys Contract

BornCaley

Ok first of. I heard this from a Hearts fan and i normally dislike rumours like this, however i heard it and its only fair to share with you lot.

Ok i think last week TB mentioned that ICT would be entering into contract talks with Rooney to extend his current deal. It seems that the powers at ICT has totally p*ss*d off Adam & his agent over said deal ( wage demands) and now he is refusing to sign on, so could be another Black sitiation with him signing a pre-contract with another club. Coupled with that is also that Hibs are currently sniffing about Rooney, but this will depend on Hughes tenure at the club. If Hibs poor form continues his leaving/sacking would end the Rooney chase i imagine.

We all know that we cant keep Adam for ever and his ambitions will be towards a larger club but it seems that both ICT & Adam would benefit of from him signing a larger deal as he would enentually move to a bigger club and we would get a transfer fee.

I hope this /rumour talk is rubbish but i hope the board pay him what he is worth so we dont end up in doldrums again.

I think the club need to offer him the best deal they can, no holding back, they made Craig Dargo the highest offer they've ever made a player before he left. Rooney is probably worth more than that.

• Agree 1

They should tell rooney to name his price

Cant agree with that. We should make him a bloody good offer for a long term deal (talking 3 or 4 years here not our usual 2) but the sky should not be the limit !!!

Exactly! My thoughts entirely

Just remember that Craig Dargo faded after the big deal was offered. After he left Caley Thistle he never repeated the exploits made at Caley.. Which tends to indicate that he was playing his best football, or the circumstances fitted his style better, at ICT. And that he was playing as hard as he could to show that he was worth a punt at another club. Didn't work for him or the new club spectacularly.

Adam Rooney was good in the First Division but has yet to prove that he has the staying power in the SPL and is able to repeat his performance this season. He may be forgetting that it was ICT that gave him the chance and the platform to shine. Sign him up for two years at a good salary but don't commit all the cash reserves to him or any other player.I don't thinkthat ICT has that kind of money...but who knows, I am only a Pimple after all. :rolleyes:

All we can do is offer the best terms within our means. In these situations the player holds all the cards. With the benefit of hindsight the time to have negtiated a new deal was after we were relegated

Edited by kencar

Och, the SCARLET Pimple says "Hindsight is a great thing".

Thank you King Beastie for these kind words. One of the avantages of being Scarlet is that when praise cometh one's way one can blush inconspiculously since the face remains a bright red.

Grovelling is another matter. LOL :tongue:

This club, just like a few others in the league, cannot afford to pay high wages to players. We can all blame the directors but at the end of the day we dont have enough corporate income and we have a small fanbase. There will always be Adam Rooney's coming through our system and there will always be clubs out there who can give them what they think the worth is. If the player feels he's not getting enough or doesn't want to sign long contracts then we have no choice but to look elsewhere. Thats the nature of the business we're in. We tried it with Niculae and that cost us dearly. Unless big money is invested in the club we will never be in a position to meet demands of the better players.

I don't know why anyone would be using the Niculae fee as a deterrant for contract negotiations. If it wasn't for the board making a complete hash of the sale we would be laughing all the way to the bank. The only way we can expect to push on in the SPL is by picking up bargains (Hayes, Odi & Rooney) and then having the faith to offer contracts that will see a return. After 20+ goals last season and a continuation into this season, Rooney will already have the eyes of other SPL clubs and Division 1 teams in England (who can more than match our wage structure), if he continues scoring it wont be long before the Championship teams have a look and that's where the money is.... that's why it's imperative that we hook up a 3 or at the very least 2 year contract.

• Agree 1

I don't know why anyone would be using the Niculae fee as a deterrant for contract negotiations. If it wasn't for the board making a complete hash of the sale we would be laughing all the way to the bank. The only way we can expect to push on in the SPL is by picking up bargains (Hayes, Odi & Rooney) and then having the faith to offer contracts that will see a return. After 20+ goals last season and a continuation into this season, Rooney will already have the eyes of other SPL clubs and Division 1 teams in England (who can more than match our wage structure), if he continues scoring it wont be long before the Championship teams have a look and that's where the money is.... that's why it's imperative that we hook up a 3 or at the very least 2 year contract.

Yip - going to Embra wouldnt be much of a step up - except in wages. Think Hairy - or should we call him Hairless - is spot on as the wages and the experience would be considerably better if he went to the likes of Bristol City etc. Having watched quite a bit of Championship fitba I thnk that he would really fit in at Leeds.

Lets face it on two things - we cannot expect to keep Rooney longer than this season but we need to get back some spondoolicks from the investment - and who is actually surprised that the Muppets are feckin up the contract talks.

I for one dont believe we should break our wage structure to offer rooney a relativley lucrative contract. It has backfired on us every time we have gone down that road previously...so...sod that for a game of cards. If he goes....we do what we have always done....we go and find another striker!

• Agree 1

I for one dont believe we should break our wage structure to offer rooney a relativley lucrative contract. It has backfired on us every time we have gone down that road previously...so...sod that for a game of cards. If he goes....we do what we have always done....we go and find another striker!

TADEtwothumbsup.gif

let him get lost, if he dont wanna be here let the ginger ninger go elsewhere

Does he not want to be here? Is it he or the Board that's being unreasonable? Does Butcher think the demands are excessive? Is there even a conflict or just a rumour?

Seems overly negative with such little info. :yellowcard:

let him get lost, if he dont wanna be here let the ginger ninger go elsewhere

Does he not want to be here? Is it he or the Board that's being unreasonable? Does Butcher think the demands are excessive? Is there even a conflict or just a rumour?

Seems overly negative with such little info. :yellowcard:

if he wants to leave then let him go we dont want players playing for us that dont want to be here and wont show 100% effort

if we break the bank for him will other players will be unhappy as they will feel undervalued

if he wants to stay and wants a reasonable wage let him stay :ictscarf:

• Disagree 2

Sorry guys but this is exactly why rumours should not be posted. Everyone gets into a slagging match - already we have someone saying let him go if he doesnt want to be here ! Did Adam actually say he doesnt ? I dont think so ! He is a professional footballer who came from Stoke City ( suppose to be on a loan deal first but neither Stock or Caley could agree with that. He signed on a 3 year deal ( dropping down in wages may I add ) to come to Inverness. He has Im told bought a house and settled in Inverness for the past 2 years so I cant see where Adam has not shown commitment to Inverness or football. Footballers are like any other person in a career - you have to look at the bigger picture - where to do want to go in your career ? how much will you be paid ? the only real difference is there's is a very short career and the lucky one's make big money. Adam is still a contract with Inverness and if he and the club can agree on terms that suit both Im sure he will.

So lets get behind all the players and club and give them our support - roll on Saturday.

• Agree 5